Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: Pack3!

A quick, dirty and BETA release of "Pack3" smile_o.gif

This is Beta. However the code is pretty damn stable. Please report any bugs found smile_o.gif

Special thanks to Rommel for allowing me to (ab)use his <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>Rommels Improved AI</span></span> scripts and to release them in edited form smile_o.gif

Download: 6thSense.eu "Pack3" Beta5

Wiki & More Info: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/6thSense.eu:Pack3

Other recommended addons to use inconjunction:

[*] VFAI Equipment

[*] VFAI Smokeshell

[*] JDT SmokeEffects+ViewBlock (DMarkwick)

Ooh another six pack smile_o.gif looking forward to trying it out, I've been following the Rommel AI thread for a while.

Updated to beta2, fix for wrong direction calculation :-P

Heya DM Mate smile_o.gif

Sorry for my script noobness...but does this work in Warfare "out of the box" or do I have to scriptjiggi something?

Sorry for my script noobness...but does this work in Warfare "out of the box" or do I have to scriptjiggi something?

Works out of the box in any mission

Was it fixed yet or AI still can't fire in short bursts instead of popping in linearly calculated intervals with "full auto" mode selected?

In my CF I disabled it using FullAuto for automatic rifles (AK, M4A1, MP5) and forced it to use internal Burst class hid from player instead.

Was it fixed yet or AI still can't fire in short bursts instead of popping in linearly calculated intervals with "full auto" mode selected?

In my CF I disabled it using FullAuto for automatic rifles (AK, M4A1, MP5) and forced it to use internal Burst class hid from player instead.

Good Question :-)

ATM our values are mostly experimental, while trying to find a nice balance between wasting ammo, and suppressing the enemy :-)

I'll ask Sonsalt to take a look at it, aswell as your config fix smile_o.gif

Good Question :-)

ATM our values are mostly experimental, while trying to find a nice balance between wasting ammo, and suppressing the enemy :-)

I'll ask Sonsalt to take a look at it, aswell as your config fix smile_o.gif

So I'll need to make some cuts in it wink_o.gif that addon is gonna be must-have smile_o.gif

So I'll need to make some cuts in it wink_o.gif that addon is gonna be must-have smile_o.gif

Feel free to evaluate & experiment, I would be interested to receive any enhancements made, especially including explanation why the method is better, and how smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Please do not use in conjunction with old TrueRangeAI or our six_repl_ai_accuracy and six_repl_ai_range, as the settings might collide

Does this mean it works just as well without using this, or you have to return to the old engagement ranges to use this?

Thats a shame becuase I checked out Rommels scripts and they are great, and now with less scripting hassle is great. I do like further engagement range though which is a shame.

Any chance to get them working together better? Or am I wrong, with this enhancement does the engagement range pretty much stay the same?

I just played Warfare and it seems that they where trying to save ammo with the MG nest and wasn't really suppressing and most of the time they were just running towards or away from me. They where actually trying to preserve ammo aswell. So basically it was easy to kill them unless there was a lot of them then they would actually kill me and suppress me. So it seems (from my point of view) that they are somehow stronger in groups and less cowardly if that makes any sense

Thanks for the mirror!

Quote[/b] ]I just played Warfare and it seems that they where trying to save ammo with the MG nest and wasn't really suppressing and most of the time they were just running towards or away from me. They where actually trying to preserve ammo aswell. So basically it was easy to kill them unless there was a lot of them then they would actually kill me and suppress me. So it seems (from my point of view) that they are somehow stronger in groups and less cowardly if that makes any sense
MG Nest = a vehicle. Vehicles aren't handled by the suppression scripts. Their behaviour might however be tweaked through the changes in six_sys_ai.  Try running with and without it.

You are running with Extended EventHandlers, latest version by Solus / KH?

Also important is that if you play on a server, the server needs this addon smile_o.gif

Also make sure you got BETA2.

Quote[/b] ]Please do not use in conjunction with old TrueRangeAI or our six_repl_ai_accuracy and six_repl_ai_range, as the settings might collide

Does this mean it works just as well without using this, or you have to return to the old engagement ranges to use this?

Thats a shame becuase I checked out Rommels scripts and they are great, and now with less scripting hassle is great. I do like further engagement range though which is a shame.

Any chance to get them working together better? Or am I wrong, with this enhancement does the engagement range pretty much stay the same?

There are 2 addons in Pack3:

[*] six_sys_suppression - Which contains Rommel IA etc

[*] six_sys_ai - Which contains updated Engagement Ranges and firemode tuning. If you want to use THIS addon, dont use it together with the other mentioed. Basicly, either choose to use TrueRange, one of my old six_repl_ai addons, or this new six_sys_ai. But not all together smile_o.gif

Will try it later - are there any vids or one example/demo mission that shows the differences between BIS - six_sys_suppression - six_sys_ai ?

Will try it later - are there any vids or one example/demo mission that shows the differences between BIS - six_sys_suppression - six_sys_ai ?
Nope. Anyone is welcome to make it though smile_o.gif

As mentioned in my first post, it's a simple quick and dirty release smile_o.gif

Well our server is running it. Seems really interesting watching the AI battle it out on Warfare tounge2.gif

My first impressions are very good. Some remarks though:

- it's not compatible with team switch. If you switch to a unit that uses suppressive fire you'll find yourself firing without touching your LMB.

- I'm not sure but i looked into the code and I didn't find any means to prevent units from using suppresive fire when in strange animation states (while moving, while going prone, etc. - while they're pointing their weapons straight into the air or into the ground). This can be prevented by allowing units to fire only when in appropriate animations:

? (animationState _unit) == "amovpercmstpsraswrfldnon" OR (animationState _unit) == "amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon" OR (animationState _unit == "amovpprnmstpsraswrfldnon")

My first impressions are very good. Some remarks though:

- it's not compatible with team switch. If you switch to a unit that uses suppressive fire you'll find yourself firing without touching your LMB.

- I'm not sure but i looked into the code and I didn't find any means to prevent units from using suppresive fire when in strange animation states (while moving, while going prone, etc. - while they're pointing their weapons straight into the air or into the ground). This can be prevented by allowing units to fire only when in appropriate animations:

? (animationState _unit) == "amovpercmstpsraswrfldnon" OR (animationState _unit) == "amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon" OR (animationState _unit == "amovpprnmstpsraswrfldnon")

Thanks for the tips Lecholas; Keep em coming!

Will use for now

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if ((animationState _unit) in ["amovpercmstpsraswrfldnon","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon","amovpprnmstpsraswrfldnon"]) then {};For a final solution I think I will add config properties so that other / new animations can be "Tagged" without the need for editing the scripts

As to teamSwitch; It actually should work, however, it takes a couple of seconds for the script to terminate. As the while loop terminates on ({isPlayer _x} count (units _group)) > 0

The biggest problem is that the units you are able to teamSwitch into, may vary per client and might even be dynamic. I can devise a system for it, but the question is if it's necessary while the script auto terminates on groups you teamSwitched to, after some seconds.

Ahh... dammit. I didn't check the animation list (just copied it from my old suppression-wanna-be-script). Now as you posted new version with the list provided by me I felt responsible and I checked it and find that one animation is wrong. It should be "amovppnemstpsraswrfldnon" instead of "amovpprnmstpsraswrfldnon". I'm terribly sorry for inconvenience.

Ahh... dammit. I didn't check the animation list (just copied it from my old suppression-wanna-be-script). Now as you posted new version with the list provided by me I felt responsible and I checked it and find that one animation is wrong. It should be "amovppnemstpsraswrfldnon" instead of "amovpprnmstpsraswrfldnon". I'm terribly sorry for inconvenience.
NP, thanks for letting me know.

ftp://dl1.6thsense.eu/arma/6thSense.eu-Pack3_v0.1beta4.rar

As Pack3's a quick and dirty release, it's my own fault for not checking the list wink_o.gif

LOL.... ok np, Mirror from ePrison.de updated!

thanks for the Info!

Regards,

Stavanger

Edit: Version <span style='color:red'>BETA5</span> online!!

Thanks guys!

Beta5

Download: ftp://dl1.6thsense.eu/arma/6thSense.eu-Pack3_v0.1beta5.rar

Changes:

[*] Better Dead Unit handling

[*] More debug options and strings (ROMM_IA.sqf header)

[*] Added "doWatch" to suppression fire cycle; Hoping it will resolve most "Wrong Angle" unable to fire problems. (Need feedback)

[*] Moved HandGreande Check to the end, as it also triggers smokeShells, and they have a long life smile_o.gif

This is a debug log of a run between a couple of AI west and east. I have spawned extra east / west groups whenever one side was becoming fairly non-existent smile_o.gif

http://pb.6thsense.eu/pb/102

There's many times problems with the Angle, aswell as the Animation State.

I've adjusted the scripts to add a doWatch just before attempting to fire, however, this isn't successful most of the times :-)

Another Round but now without low-level debug messages:

http://pb.6thsense.eu/pb/103

Open to ideas and suggestions smile_o.gif