Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

JTD Smoke Effects MP Beta 5

When I mentioned client side smoke, I meant the thick oily plumes of smoke going high into the air, more eye candy than view block. Does that have to be client side?

Oh yeah. If you want to see the smoke, you must have the addon. If you don't have the addon, serverside AI will still be affected by smoke viewblock, but you will see mysterious activity smile_o.gif when AI just stand around not seeing you.

Got server and client side now. We like it. This addons staying installed.

Thanks!

any chance you tell me where to disable the "fuel fire" FX. they look overdone imo. otherwise still one of the most enjoyable mod for arma

I noticed in a mission if bad weather is on some smoke goes with the wind and some doesnt. Any thoughts.

any chance you tell me where to disable the "fuel fire" FX. they look overdone imo. otherwise still one of the most enjoyable mod for arma

Cannot disable individual effects, sorry smile_o.gif

I noticed in a mission if bad weather is on some smoke goes with the wind and some doesnt. Any thoughts.

I left a little difference in drift behavior between config and scripted effects to give some amount of visual interest, but it sounds like in extreme weather they might be too different?

while playing yesterday I noticed that a destroyed UAZ was flipped onto its side by a rampaging RACS T72. this cause the smoke for the UAZ to rise sideways out of the top of the UAZ that was now facing south, so the smoke was going sideways and not into the air.

while playing yesterday I noticed that a destroyed UAZ was flipped onto its side by a rampaging RACS T72. this cause the smoke for the UAZ to rise sideways out of the top of the UAZ that was now facing south, so the smoke was going sideways and not into the air.

Rgr that. Sounds like I need to apply the same fix I applied to armour, to cars. (UAZ is in the Car class.)

I left a little difference in drift behavior between config and scripted effects to give some amount of visual interest, but it sounds like in extreme weather they might be too different?

correct. Black smoke goes straight up. Gray smoke goes with the wind in bad weather.

Multiplay fix for Smoke Grenade VB (hopefully smile_o.gif) plus some minor config corrections for all 3 addons.

Thanks for the update DMarkwick, will try it out in MP as soon as I/we get a chance.

Really like that you decided to make separate addons for smoke effects and smoke grenades since some of my peers old computers can't handle the extra burden of your nice smoke effects but we can still use working smoke grenades!

Again, thanks for yours and Xenos efforts to solve the MP issue!

/KC

How is the default smoke addon demanding on the CPU? Are there any measurements in FPS for example same mission sequence with an intense firefight?

Damn, I REALLY want to use your mod but it seems as though it's too taxing on my computer. Here are my specs: Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 MB, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ ~ 2.8 GHz, 2 GB RAM, and a Biostar TF520-A2 Mobo. I think what's causing the lag is my CPU but I'm not sure. Even when I'm not looking at it the effects it still lags my computer, meaning it's my CPU right? Because the graphics card isn't refreshing the images when I'm not looking at it, so it must be my CPU. Or so I'd think... Anyone helps they get a cookie.

Question: How do I get rid of the Wind Info? Can I turn it off?

Thanks help.gif

Wind Info is no longer part of the addon, I removed it. Download the latest version smile_o.gif

Great mod, looks awesome. But, I tried to use this (without the smoke block) on an evo server and the smoke is just default, if I host a mission I get the effects. Is there anyway clients can use this mod without the server running the mod? Most graphical effect mods seem to work that way normally :/

Sorry again,

I've a bug, when i throw a Smoke grenade a lillte after i have this error message :

No Entry 'bin\Config.bin/CfgModels.default'

Someone could help me ?

Thx ExA

Hello,

Sorry but i'm french what is DAC Smoke grenade in the extra contenant.

thx, ExA

The DAC smoke grenade file is for DACv2.0. If you replace the existing file in the DAC folder for the one that comes with this Mod, it adds AI view blocking to the smoke from smoke grenades that DAC created units throw.(It's explained in the first post)

As far as that error, I can't offer any help. I've never had this problem and I've been using this since it's release. Do you have the "DMSmokeEffects_config.hpp" file in the Dta folder? That's really all I can think of.

Most likely I'd say it has to do with another Mod/AddOns. That's really all I can think of.