Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

Churn that dirt!

An unforeseen effect of the new DMSmokeEffects (to be known from now as JTD Smoke Effects BTW) is that Vulcan & Shilka rounds really chew up the dirt smile_o.gif

Think I'll leave it in though wink_o.gif

Release very soon, it's finished but I just want to try it out myself with a small group first.

Amazing...as usual!

What's about your "startled birds" addon?

I thought I might release that as an extra to the Savine Vode map I'm working on (or to be more precise, returning to work on wink_o.gif) as tree type needs to be specified. Thought it would be nice to maybe have a few mission templates with bird triggers already in place etc.

I'll wait expectant the release.

Seein' the video above, don't seems those churns a little too big regarding caliber/human height?

Thanks for your work

Regards

Seein' the video above, don't seems those churns a little too big regarding caliber/human height?

Thanks for your work

Regards

Yeah, but it depends how far you are. You might notice they appear a little smaller when you're close up to them.

The effect is there for tank rounds & arty etc but for some reason the Vulcan & Shilka use the same effect for their rounds hitting the ground.

Really great, cant wait for a release, I hope you will release it this weekend...thanks mate. notworthy.gif

Hehe, nice work DMarkwick smile_o.gif

Now, they can even use this on sahrani life, to make the land ready for farmers to seed their weeds  rofl.gif

[edit]

Spelling crazy_o.gif

Thanks for your work

Regards

Yeah, but it depends how far you are. You might notice they appear a little smaller when you're close up to them.

The effect is there for tank rounds & arty etc but for some reason the Vulcan & Shilka use the same effect for their rounds hitting the ground.

It does seem a bit high at times but I really like it. It's better than the current effect IMHO. Vulcan rounds can cause very large dust clouds on the right type of terrain and depending on the distance. I've seen em truly "tear shit up" and do serious damage to the terrain in certain instances.

As always I'm excited to see a new version in the mix soon. Your work has become a vital mainstay of my ArmA enjoyment.

That looks meaty!

IS there a possibility to make it a tiny bit smaller over all and shorten the fall/end length a touch?

That looks meaty!

IS there a possibility to make it a tiny bit smaller over all and shorten the fall/end length a touch?

Yeah I can tweak it downwards for the rounds that use this effect, it's also used for HE tank rounds but under another effect name. I'll leave that one as is.

What about new small arms hit effects? Im sick of the old ones sad_o.gif

DMarkwick

Really great stuff. I would try to make the dirt pieces smaller so It doesnt look like someone throwing mud in the air. Little more smoke on the hit as well so it doesnt look so "wet". Really great work. Keep it up. Love your stuff.