Sign in to follow this  
bigstone

British Infantry with Helmets!!!

Yeah these are well needed, and from an initial look, pretty well done. It's been a good past week or so for ArmA releases. biggrin_o.gif

Finally British troops with helmets in Arma!!!

This is what the MK6 is meant to look like, i'm afraid:

Mk6.jpg

Still, not a bad effort.

A great addition until UKF release there infantry smile_o.gif

While the helmet doesn't have all the straps crossing over the helmet, it still looks vastly better then just having a boonie hat and overall is fairly close. I actually didn't even bother downloading the UKF pack as it didn't have troops with helmets and wasn't going to D/L it until they released some. While this isn't an official UKF release, it definitely got me downloading all the UKF stuff now. Now I'll also have to download that RAF Chinook.

Now if only that Catshit Afghan map would get fixed up.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We never released any troops, those were BOSS' work. We just allowed him and Soul Catcher to port our old weapons and use them with his troops.

Looks good, will give them a try. Always nice to see more people making British addons. smile_o.gif

Indeed, it's just the old OFP weapon pack that was made by UKF. Seems to cause a lot of confusion that they're distributed with the BSF stuff.

You can download the converted weapons on their own, from here if you don't want to download the rest of the BSF addons in that pack:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/index.php/ArmA-UKF-Addons/

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=12

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2030

Anyhow, not a bad effort by StalkerGB and he should be commended for making somet that fills a temporary void in British addons. I certainly don't mind using them until Chris lets me have a go at his. biggrin_o.gif

We really need a high quality L85A1/2. The old OFP models really don't look up to par with ArmAs visual quality.

Too bad it isn't possible (at least not without loads of work) to change the hand positions on the gun. The standard rifle stance doesn't work well with bullpups.

I notice its tied to th UKF weapons pack, the problem I have with that is the sights don't work for 16:9 widescreen (black doesn't go to the edge) ... is this changed yet?

Does this HAVE to be tied to those weapons?

Nope, and it won't be changed either. They are nothing more than a temporary stop gap till we finish the new ones. Sorry. confused_o.gif

As I recall didn't they work at first, and then one of the patches introduced problems with 16:9 screens with old scopes?

Yeah, theres little point fixing the old ones up at this point, wait out. wink_o.gif Anyway, I think that's enough hijacking of this topic. smile_o.gif

oh wow.

I' have to use these UK guys in warfare!

Any news on the rest of the UKF things?

Not today wink_o.gif Bah, please direct UKF questions to the UKF topic, I'm starting to feel rather guilty about this topic hijacking.

ya the units look vary lovely be nice to add some UK gear like Blackblood units in OFP or yet UKFs units, they got there gear down wink_o.gif Just an lot of addons units in ArmA from diffrent countrys and yet they got the same old gear as the US huh.gif Some mods are makeing own gear that fit the units orgin of that country like Mils Teg, French Team.