Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

Well after many many hours of redoing configs and checking and rechecking models, we will be starting an internal test of the binned files. Man this has been a long road, we are very much looking forward to getting this out the door so we can start put our full focus onto Khe Sanh and other AOs

Well after many many hours of redoing configs and checking and rechecking models, we will be starting an internal test of the binned files. Man this has been a long road, we are very much looking forward to getting this out the door so we can start put our full focus onto Khe Sanh and other AOs
Can't wait guys, do what you have to do and get this baby out. :D

hmmm seems i was talking about something else, still looks good though

Sitrep,

We have come to our final internal test before we release to the public guys, not long now :yay:

The massive task of bringing this project to ARMA is nearing the end FINALLY!!!. Time to empty the sand out of your boots and have a break from the hot dry desert, and look forward to insect bites, tinea,foot rot, malaria, monsoon rains and maybe some VD if your not careful :O

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Okay found a small vid i still had on my HD. So uploaded and it's yours to watch.

It shows a small firefight. Make sure to watch on high res.

Oh and i used all low settings just to show to people how it will look on utter low settings (for people with less capable machines). :)

Whoaaa...please get rid of those old OFP cardboard plants and stuff!! Imho such things doesnt fit anymore into new ArmA + Arma2 world/terrain. What about using better looking ArmA placeholders until "Vietnam/Asia plants" are done?

Whoaaa...please get rid of those old OFP cardboard plants and stuff!! Imho such things doesnt fit anymore into new ArmA + Arma2 world/terrain. What about using better looking ArmA placeholders until "Vietnam/Asia plants" are done?

Sorry no can do. ArmA doesn't like high res jungle all over the place. And no place holders from ArmA no way! It's a choice of fantastic jungle and no playability due to huge lag or an ok jungle and playablility without lag. We tweaked and tweaked for months on end to get this right. We want everyone to enjoy the jungle not just people with lotsa money that can buy a very expensive super duper computer. And do remember this vid was shot at low and very low settings. Once it's turned up it looks a lot better.

actually i am very impressed by these whole maps/islands and mod! it is very realistic and unique!

Everyone has to understand that there is a helluva lot more on the screen than any other maps out there at the moment. Hell yes we would love to more detail but, sadly arma lags out that's why we had to come up with a happy medium.

Creating and importing all brand new plants etc takes a lot of time. We started this project nearly a year ago and its been a constant daily battle to get it to the level you see here. There are trade offs but we feel everyone will enjoy humping through our jungle. Please understand there are limitations to the arma engine. Hopefully arma 2 will be better.

I posted a vid a while back showing what higher settings can do, best watched in HD

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

yeah the horse power isn't there in the average comp to support a dense jungle and heavily vegged ground that doesn't disappear after 50 feet, using fully fleshed veg. but using the "card board" cutout technique you can have dense clutter appearing up to 200-300 feet, so your ability to stay concealed from other players is far better then the AA raised ground.

Edited by cj525

Bobo88 Looks great!

Sounds Great :fones: Feels Great :uzi: and smell like .... Victory :war:

pssstt(not shouting), i need those hueys faster, been waiting/hiding in the jungle while nva is all over the place, searching for lonely infiltrator.

pssstt, can't wait ;)

pssstt(not shouting), i need those hueys faster, been waiting/hiding in the jungle while nva is all over the place, searching for lonely infiltrator.

pssstt, can't wait ;)

Guns on the way!! inbound, pop smoke!! :P

PSSSTT....!!!! Release is very very close now ;)

Really

Awesome cant wait mod looks great love to try it before ArmA 2 gets released in English

I can almost hear the inbound huey

Edited by MATCHY

compiling now. Still issues that bug us but not ones that effect game play. Get your green faces ready, or alert your counter recon teams.

Without sounding rude but

PSSSTT....!!!! Release is very very close now

how often did we hear that? Remember the same phrase on your guys

website from 2008!

Without sounding rude but

how often did we hear that? Remember the same phrase on your guys

website from 2008!

Yeah well, ... a few unexpected problems turned up along the way, which unfortunately set us back months. The team had to take a different approach with the islands and had to completely rework and tweak the veg . Then came binning time, errors and problems galore :mad: All the while we were trying to curb the Lag monster. At least we kept in contact with the community and let everyone know we are working on it. Oh in that too we had our lives to live so yeah , that's the long n short of it ....

Peace

Sav

So how much longer do u think it will take?

its just that ArmA is nearly dead

Arma is NOT anywhere remotley close to dead.

I wont be getting A2 until my rig is upgraded...and I wont be doing that until I pay for braces on 2 kids teeth...so yea

So how much longer do u think it will take?

its just that ArmA is nearly dead

Well yes interest in arma will slow down a bit, and yet again we come to the same crossroads as we did in ofp when arma came out. But this time we are going to release what we have so we can have some MP madness while we are saving money to upgrade yet again for arma II. Answer to your question we are hoping within the next week or 2

Yeah, I will stick with my team on A1 too for at least 1 more month or 2, since we don't like beta states and memories of ArmA v1.00Czech are sooo fresh. Other reason is that we use ACEmod that will not be available for A2 for at least a month, two... :)