Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

Just out of curiosity, the last trailer of the SF firefight, the CAR-15 reload is it not the one from Delta Forc Black Hawk Down. Just wondering. But it looks great cant wait for this.

Just out of curiosity, the last trailer of the SF firefight, the CAR-15 reload is it not the one from Delta Forc Black Hawk Down. Just wondering. But it looks great cant wait for this.

The model or the sounds you mean?

The model is ours from scratch, the sounds we got from here and there. Dunno exactly where that's for the sound guys to answer. Oooh Sav?

The model or the sounds you mean?

The model is ours from scratch, the sounds we got from here and there. Dunno exactly where that's for the sound guys to answer. Oooh Sav?

I have heaps of soundfiles on my PC even right back to the old ofp days... To answer the question Im sorry I couldn't tell you where it came from...  confused_o.gif

As we all know, the difficult part in finding a specific sound is one that represents a sound that is closest to the real thing.  Because we are in a gaming environment, I doubt we will be able to capture a sound that is identical to what you will hear in the real world.  There are just too many variables to take into consideration.  So with that said, we went nuts hunting, altering, modifying sounds to arrive at a finished product that we thought was as close as we could get.

Sounds are subjective, one sound that person A likes may not be a sound that person B likes and so on...  But do realize a significant amount of time was spent to get it right from our perspective and not Hollywood's perspective.

pistols.gif

How will the missions be? Will they be a full fledge campaign. Or more like a tour of duty, filled with patrols and other simple ideas?

For R1, the missions will be patrols, some simple things and some big things. For the main Khe Sanh release, there will be a fully fledged campaign which will be based on fact with the locations and battles, but it will also have a story to drive it along smile_o.gif

I have two requests, PLEASE make this game have that vietnam feel that was in forrest gump. From the 60s music to the uniforms and all. Also can we expet the mod to be dont before summer?

Maybe not a "Forrest Gump" feel, but will certainly have a "Platoon" or a "Full Metal Jacket" feel to it. We read about a lot of battles and life out in the field so we try and get it as close as we can for a game. Expect PLENTY of classic songs from the 60's  wink_o.gif

Erm as for before the summer, a fair amount will have been released, not sure about everything though. Things take time and I know I speak for myself and a lot of the team when I say free time is not a thing we have lots of, most have exams or uni work and others have full time jobs to attend to, unfortunately  banghead.gif

Oh well, we try as hard as we can  thumbs-up.gif

Maybe not a "Forrest Gump" feel, but will certainly have a "Platoon" or a "Full Metal Jacket" feel to it. We read about a lot of battles and life out in the field so we try and get it as close as we can for a game. Expect PLENTY of classic songs from the 60's wink_o.gif

Erm as for before the summer, a fair amount will have been released, not sure about everything though. Things take time and I know I speak for myself and a lot of the team when I say free time is not a thing we have lots of, most have exams or uni work and others have full time jobs to attend to, unfortunately banghead.gif

Oh well, we try as hard as we can thumbs-up.gif

I think he was saying is, "Can we expect the first release before summer?" I think.

Maybe not a "Forrest Gump" feel, but will certainly have a "Platoon" or a "Full Metal Jacket" feel to it. We read about a lot of battles and life out in the field so we try and get it as close as we can for a game. Expect PLENTY of classic songs from the 60's  wink_o.gif

Erm as for before the summer, a fair amount will have been released, not sure about everything though. Things take time and I know I speak for myself and a lot of the team when I say free time is not a thing we have lots of, most have exams or uni work and others have full time jobs to attend to, unfortunately  banghead.gif

Oh well, we try as hard as we can  thumbs-up.gif

I think he was saying is, "Can we expect the first release before summer?" I think.

Gawd, I hope so...

biggrin_o.gif

Just out of sheer curiosity.....how far are you guys to completion for the first release, on a 1-100 percentage scale. whistle.gif

Just out of sheer curiosity.....how far are you guys to completion for the first release, on a 1-100 percentage scale.  whistle.gif

I'd say 95...

We have only a handful of tweaks to work through...

And completing/testing missions/campaign that will accompany R1...

I hope this helps.

PolishGI

Quote[/b] ]Sounds are subjective, one sound that person A likes may not be a sound that person B likes and so on...  But do realize a significant amount of time was spent to get it right from our perspective and not Hollywood's perspective.

I can tell everyone looking forward to this fantastic mod that the sounds are excellent and suit the overall atmosphere of this era of warfare. I've been lucky enough to make a good friend of Sgt Savage and this guy puts serious work into anything he does, and the stuff I've been privvy to hearing is better than the majority of stand alone sound mods out there at the moment let alone the fact that this is very specific addon, which raises the bar with regards to realism, and historical correctness, and yes I'm still talking about the sound  wink_o.gif

Firefights sound intense and suit the close up and personal jungle atmos but then sound equally cool sniping across fields. Sav & I share the same opinions on smallarms sounds, ie; they should have some serious punch to them, and not sound like limp youtube clips ported straight into arma. I should really focus on the weapons because to me, it all sounded great but I may get my ass kicked for talking about anything else, as I'm unsure as to what you guys waiting for Unsung have heard or know.

Since I don't get the time to look in on this thread regularly and happened to see a topic close to my heart I wanted to make everyone rest easy..The sound is on par with everything else you've seen & read about.

Regards

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

P.s Sav, you owe me a pint biggrin_o.gif

Just out of sheer curiosity.....how far are you guys to completion for the first release, on a 1-100 percentage scale. whistle.gif

I'd say 95...

We have only a handful of tweaks to work through...

And completing/testing missions/campaign that will accompany R1...

I hope this helps.

If you ever need a tester. whistle.gif

What other aircraft besides the Huey will be in the mod?

Well, not being held to this list, I think we would like to do the following:  Cobra, Choctaw, Sea Knight, Chinook, Jolly Green Giant, Kiowa, Loach, Phantom, Crusader, MiGs, Skyraider, C-130, OV-1 to name a few...

Obviously this is a larger list and it will require time to make, but these come to mind...

Hope this helps...

What other aircraft besides the Huey will be in the mod?

Well, not being held to this list, I think we would like to do the following: Cobra, Choctaw, Sea Knight, Chinook, Jolly Green Giant, Kiowa, Loach, Phantom, Crusader, MiGs, Skyraider, C-130, OV-1 to name a few...

Obviously this is a larger list and it will require time to make, but these come to mind...

Hope this helps...

Well I mean in Release 1.

R1 is as basic as it get's. There will be some SF guys in it, some NVA and VC, 2 islands and some Huey's. R1 is pretty much a beta and is all work from scratch and made by us.

R2 has already been worked on a lot (while R1 is being beta/bug tested/fixed internally prior to release) and is a upgrade to R1 on units/vehicles/weapons and the public will not have to wait this long on R2 as they did on R1 and here i have to stop as i am noticing i am giving away far to much info already...  pistols.gif  goodnight.gif     .... crazy_o.gif

R1 is as basic as it get's. There will be some SF guys in it, some NVA and VC, 2 islands and some Huey's. R1 is pretty much a beta and is all work from scratch and made by us.

R2 has already been worked on a lot (while R1 is being beta/bug tested/fixed internally prior to release) and is a upgrade to R1 on units/vehicles/weapons and the public will not have to wait this long on R2 as they did on R1 and here i have to stop as i am noticing i am giving away far to much info already...  pistols.gif  goodnight.gif     .... crazy_o.gif

Lol :P

We definately need better napalm than mods and addons so far have presented. WP grenades would not be bad either wink_o.gif

We definately need better napalm than mods and addons so far have presented. WP grenades would not be bad either  wink_o.gif

In R1 we won't have that as we will not have planes in that release yet. We are working on the napalm and it's pretty nice, the WP i dunno actually but who knows what our scripting dept. is workin on right now. It's often a surprise to us as well, they dissapear for a couple of weeks into the jungle and come out and say "tada, look what we got" so hey ya never know we might get WP to or even have it already, will certainly suggest that though tounge2.gif