Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

I can't wait. Happy to hear you guys are making missions since I'm can't make missions to well on my own (Good ones at least). Hopefully my computer will like it too, considering ArmA is running stable on 1.14 now, no crashes, LOD problems much less common, and frames are good. Can't wait. Too bad there won't be any ordinary grunts, oh well. SF should be sufficient, I'll let it slide tounge2.gif Final question though, does this have any huge gameplay changes (Will it be compatible with ACE?).

ProPilot: anxious to drag some wounded bodies through the thick jungle, are we? biggrin_o.gif

Indeed I am! :O

Too bad there won't be any ordinary grunts, oh well. SF should be sufficient, I'll let it slide tounge2.gif Final question though, does this have any huge gameplay changes (Will it be compatible with ACE?).

The grunts will make and appearance in the Khe Sanh campaign don't worry. At this stage I don't believe the team is going to make it compatible with any other mod because  We don't want to waste more time and delay the mod further trying to make it work. It more than likely will be left up to other mod groups like ACE etc to make modifications to it with permissions of course. We are anxious to get khe sanh underway so as you can see we are not waiting around we have plenty to do yet.

Any updates? smile_o.gif

There is a series of new screenies and a quick vid @ ofpnam http://www.ofpnam.com/news.php

That's old stuff Sav. Been posted 2 pages back already tounge2.gif

Well sh*t! I just realised we never showed the public a close up firefight. Well here goes then  wink_o.gif

This small vid is shot with a 6 men enemy Vietcong team just strolin' along at early morning and some fog. My own 6 men SF team is hidden in the bushes nearby and ready to create hell. Watch closely, this is hell unleashed at 50-100 meters. It's over in a heart beat.

Click for ambush firefight

p.s. No this setcaptive true or false has been used. They are really not seeing us and we are really messing them up with force, ya can even hear the m60 going nuts tounge2.gif

p.p.s. This firefight vid was made at an open firelane location...somehwere...out there...wherever..at some location long forgotten...

AMAZING !!!

I played too many hours OFP's UNSUNG mod and now you are making my dream comes true on ARMA system...

Thank you Warrior X but just question what is your grafic card or configuration to get these so nice pictures of jungle vegetation?

Awaiting for your mod release !!!

@ sachasemtex

Below is a part of a previous post in this thread.

Well i personally have a frame rate of around 14-22, it's kinda

moving up and down. But we are improving still on the frame rate, trying to get it up more and more. We are highly aware that many do not have high tech PC's to play with so we are trying to do everything we can to increase the framerate. Just for info i have a Quad core (Q6600) 2.4 GHZ, 3 gig of ram and a lowsy standard GeForce 8600 GS. The video shown in a above post was shot with my PC. Hope that gives ya a answer m8  smile_o.gif

Oh and a lot of the screens in this thread are even not made on my machine. All the screens together come from all kinds of different spec machines.

thank you very much with your promt answer...

Hold strong for your mod creation !!!

(I feel so small rooky one with my Duo Dual Core E6750 @ 2.66Ghz / 2.00 Go Ram only because I removed 2.00Go more due to too much troubleshootings-bugs when ARMA's running / Geforce 8600GT 256Mo)

Happy new year to everybody and Gun Ho for UNSUNG's modders !!!

A preview of what is to come in 2009 another vid from the unsung. Please note the chatter you hear is our DSAI in test mode its a bit repetitive however it will not make it into this version. But rest assured it will be the next, along with some other goodies from the sound & scripting team.

Most of the sounds have been redone since this vid and again understand this is still WIP a lot will be fixed in the public version like the M60 door gunner sound has already been fixed my bad :P  To all..... wishing you a happy 2009 Enjoy

Sav

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Ark1wZYxqzo&feature=channel_page

I've got to say the details in this are huge compared to VTE. (No offense to VTE) Every soldier looks like it was individually crafted, really great job on attention to details. Can't wait to play this beast.

Thanks for the encouragment guys, our team has been working on this since the tools came out, as you can see we have guys on the team with alot of depth and knowledge of this era as seen in what they do and contribute to this mod. This is a constant work in progress, the mod as changed even since the last video was posted. There will and is a smaller island centered around a CIDG base, for people with older machines, this will be released with the main R1 island of the KHAM DUC area.

Note: "Khe Sanh is already ingame, although in the very early stages."

Cheers guys , Happy New Year

Every soldier looks like it was individually crafted

They were, like everything else in game wink_o.gif to reiterate what our mod leader Cj525 said some of the team have broken off to get a handle on the Beast with that I mean Khe Sanh.. Some of us are still tying up KHAM DUC ,others are working on R2 material. We are all busy and it appears we are not taking a well earned break after R1, Reason is its too damn hard to get these bastards working again *cracks Whip*

biggrin_o.gif Jks

2009 is going to be a big year for the unsung, I'm sure that our attention will turn to Arma 2 or Operation Flashpoint 2 depending on which is the better platform to release future modules. This is just the beginning....So rest assured more quality material is in the works as we push the boundaries of the arma engine to bring you the most immersive,accurate and visually stunning Vietnam modification to date....

Sav

The mainquestion is when are we gonna get our hands on something?

Well...it's an obvious answer but let's say it anyways.

You, the public, will get your hands on the R1 release when we, the mod members, have decided that the R1 version is bug free and we have enough missions made for you to play with.  smile_o.gif

And just to lay it all flat on the table (almost), we are ready for another internal beta round of the mod to yet again find those filthy bugs and upgrade/create missions.

The mainquestion is when are we gonna get our hands on something?

Mate that's a pretty lame question you think that after all this we are gonna say to the community nope we were just teasing? Of course your "gonna get your hands on something" some people have to learn patience and relax. We understand some are anxious for the mod which is OK, but making mindless comments like this doesn't help.

The-Architect

What did this urgency? smile_o.gif Yet you have such a nice mod VTE,

that's a professional and best of all smile_o.gif ?

A propo`s issue...

Issue when we deem appropriate. And no one or nothing will force us to issue full of errors and low quality addons. Yours sincerely, and please be patient. Yac

YacieK, there's no need to insult other mods to prove your point. A little more respect, please. That goes for others in this thread as well.