Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

Well, well, well, so this is where everyone is hanging out! Lots of new screen shots that haven't been shown on Hawknam or OFPNam! Nice work (again... as usual!wink_o.gif

Ok, some of you guys seem a little unsure about the quality of this Mod. All I can say is... it will be FAN-FUK-IN-TASTIC. I play on their OFP mods and they seriously rock. This will, I am sure, be just as incredible! They are hell bent nutters who love getting all the technical nitty gritty right... even down to whats under crackers a grunt wears. We are all in good hands!

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO SHIT YOUR PANTS. If this is anything like their OFP stuff, you will be living in hell for the 2 hours or so that you play it each time. Charlie will bite your ass if you don't get your shit together! So, you better get some solid tactics worked out... otherwise the next ride out will be a dust-off!

KEEP UP THE WORK GUYS. I can see you are determined to scare us all! Twang, click... BOOM!

rofl.gif

extremely positive post wink_o.gif

I can see you are determined to scare us all! Twang, click..BOOM!

Nahhh wouldn't do that would we huh.gif  whistle.gif  Advice take a 2nd fresh pair of strides with ya  wink_o.gif

arma2008092220154459yo4.jpg

if we will have to fight in that hard jungle enviroment(last screen) i would preffer to use pump gun.

looks briliant notworthy.gif

Awsome, love the density of the jungle should make for some intense combat, great work.

Looks good in the most part, only thing I don't like is that the VC faces look quite OFPish..........

Love the Huey..........

Nice screens smile_o.gif

I'm glad that the mod is progressing nicely. I'm only sorry I can't "add to the cause", because of tough real-life conditions.

Best wishes!

Estimated filesize of this beauty will be around what? half a gig, a gig, more? Love the shots!

Well currently it's hovering just over a gig but we are still working on many of the stuff and it's fluctuating with every update of files. Sometimes up and sometimes down. But i'd say it's a fairly good estimate to be at 1 gig somewhere.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Never noticed the size of it untill you asked that question lol

Update:

- R1 island is beta and being tested.

- Units for R1 are beta and being tested.

- Vehicles are beta and being tested.

- Mp and Sp missions are well under way.

- Sounds are beta and being tested.

We have busted our collective butts and are on the downswing of the first release.

What kind of infantry units do you guys have on the United States side? Marines?

As my mind recalls I remember them saying they are starting off with US Army Special Forces first. After that next step would be USMC grunts "Khe Sanh" etc. etc....I might be wrong though..

As my mind recalls I remember them saying they are starting off with US Army Special Forces first.  After that next step would be USMC grunts "Khe Sanh" etc. etc....I might be wrong though..

Nope, you are right on the money Bigstone!

It is a matter of what is ready to be deployed and what is still being tinkered on in the motorpool...

Using the screenshots, you have an idea of what is coming in the upcoming release.  The other stuff is on the radar and will be done, just not necessarily in this first release.

We are aiming for "themed" releases...  By that we mean a service branch and its assets to go along with a map.  Example would be the Marine Corps (e.g. infantry, aircraft and vehicles) with the '67-'68 Khe Sanh map.  Another would be the Air Cavalry and the Ia Drang Valley...  And so on and so on...

The toughest part about this venture is starting anew and from scratch.  Much if not all of our stuff is BRAND new and has not been carried over from our OFP days.  So we have to battle our new models, a new game (ArmA) and a new foundation that works well within ArmA.  I do not recall any island to date that will be as comprehensive as ours.  Maybe I am wrong, but as you see from the pics, I think we got the ambience of the jungle captured once again.

The hardest part is getting this plane off the ground so to speak.  But also getting it RIGHT and not throwing crap out there for all to download.  Adding to it with subsequent releases will be much easier.

Will there be any Army Grunts like the ones in your signature PolishGI? Or will it strictly be SF?

Will there be any Army Grunts like the ones in your signature PolishGI? Or will it strictly be SF?

Hey USMC,

Yes, those troops you see in my sig are active.  But not prepared for release at this time.  With that said, we have a bunch of SF nut-jobs on the team who are preparing some of the SF units we have for the first release.

The troops you are referring to are in the motorpool getting outfitted with the latest and greatest gear so that looks good and is accurate for the time period.

As you can see/read, we are being very methodical about this approach and what gets released and when.  As stuff becomes close to being released, there is a second and third tier of items being worked on and perfected so that one day it can be released as well.

I hope this helps,

PGI

looks really interesting.

i was active back in the ofp days but nowadays my pc interior is outaged ^^ aushilfe did a great job on planes and helicopters ... just my two cents.

We have another batch of screenshots for people to gaze upon. In these shots you see some of the Marines we are working on, the Special Forces that you already know, 2 of the Hueys and a taste of the vegetation on the island.

Also we are showing you a small video of some of the stuff that will be in our R1 release for ArmA. Internal testing of the R1 files has started.

Special Forces in a fight

Marines coming in on a LZ

Marines approaching a ruin.

Special Forces walking the boonies.

Unsung R1 promo Video

Also we do want to point out that these shots and video are WIP and already outdated. Enjoy.