Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

once we've fully tested it we'll have better info. I can only go with what I'm running , but if you have a computer that can run AA well then you wont run into much fps problems. But we'll have a better feel for things once we've completed the sp and mp test phase. But there is no point in making an awsome island that has crazy lag, so most of the effort on the island side was getting it to look great but perform well, this has been achieved, but don't expect a four year old computer to run it, as with most people I had to upgrade to run AA. huh.gif

Looks Excellent!!

Great work dudes.Thanx for posting the screeny's/desktop theme's. wink_o.gif

Can we hope to see a Beta release for Christmas?

Thanx again.

Can we hope to see a Beta release for Christmas?

We will try, we are just putting all the pieces together now for some internal Beta testing, but no guarantees before Christmas... But it is possible wink_o.gif

Hi, three questions:

A) Will the island be released as a "stand alone" island (with the objects required for run at a side)?.

B) How much it lags?.

C) The AI can see us through the vegetation?; can our AI's see other AI monkys through the jungle?.

Let's C ya

Ive never been a big fan of vietnam games/mods but this looks so good ill be downloading this for sure!

Major Kudos on your work guys!

seems like my favorite mod in OFP is still gonna be my favorite mod in AA or AA2.

I hope you're keeping the AI tweaks you used for the jungles in unsung for OFP? The system with reduced AI viewing distance was great there, though i guess (and hope) it can be improved further.

And are you going to release the jungle objects for the public? I'd love to see Ia Drang from SebNam Pack remade, kudos to your island back then but ia drang still remained the best in terms of topography and Island Layout smile_o.gif

And its the area where the first large official fights happend. biggrin_o.gif

I spend a lot of time on that island, The Unsung might remember me from the genre.

Re questions on playability AI view distance, lag etc.

Well folks as we know you need a pretty good computer to run AA. The testing is in it's initial stages we will be posting results and comp specs used. There will be a dedicated server for mp gaming that will start tests on in the following weeks. the View lods in AA work very well on the jungle sections and individual bushes. There seems to be an issue with the view lods not being recognized when the veg is used in the auto clutter mod , but inquiries are being made, if anyone knows anything on this subject feel free to contact me.  

the team AI have the same ability to see as the opfor AI so that balances things out until the auto clutter is fixed.

I've been "Testing" the island with varying degrees of forces, with the weapon tweeks done by our team the contacts are furious and can be protracted there is plenty of cover and surviability is much improved since the OFP days. Don't stay in one spot as the AA AI will flank you. Anyways a push to get this to you is well under way , and any news will be passed on.

Hi esti_the_big I remmber you from the ofp nam days, you'll definitly enjoy this vesion.

CeDe yup I remmeber you, get ready to walk softy and carry a big stick.

The Auto clutter is set for 100 feet right now after that you get the lifted sat image layer. This will have to be adjusted for different comp specs. The trees can be seen as far as you set your view distance.

seems like pump guns and stoners gonna be hell of the weapons for gooks smile_o.gif

... spray and let them pray ...

P.S. i still join hawknam's server to have fun with stoner smile_o.gif

that's OFP + Jungle Fever i'm talking about wink_o.gif

Realy a nice island and I saw that you had the same idea like me getting ´"water" in the ricefields. Just in my case it was only an idea until now I discussed with several people. I would suggest, that you will make the water more brown.

Will the plants be a single pbo and can other mods use them aswell on their islands? Would save me a lot of work wink_o.gif

Realy a nice island and I saw that you had the same idea like me getting ´"water" in the ricefields. Just in my case it was only an idea until now I discussed with several people. I would suggest, that you will make the water more brown.

Will the plants be a single pbo and can other mods use them aswell on their islands? Would save me a lot of work wink_o.gif

Yes the water will be brown, we discussed that within the mod already.

About the vegetation. Probably not right away as we spend a looot of time making it and perfecting it. I mean, it took us more then a year now to get where we are with the development of the mod and the jungle environment in ArmA, with several people working on it. Plus we find it very annoying when other people ask everything for free when something is done they wanted and thought about and didn't make themselfs and other people spend a hell of a lot of their free time making it. You get the point why we get itchy when someone asks about it...

So no, we will not be giving out the vegetation for everyone to use right now. No permissions given yet. At least not during this release. No X-mas free gifts for people to fiddle with as they please this year  nener.gif

Doesn't mean you cannot ask, it never hurts to ask. smile_o.gif

For a mod that used to import a lot from other games, at least in the past, that seems to be a 180 turn regarding your own work...

I personally dont get the point why 10 different ppl should work on the same stuff everyone on his own. That doesnt make sence and less Addons relying on good stuff are created.

I feel the same way regarding others ripping apart your work and selling it as their own. But you need to keep in mind that some are good Islandmakers but not tallented on making objects, espacially plants. But you might get in touch with each other in a more cooperative way, working together on similar projects, even for the mod itself.

Ooooh look at X getting his temper on....

Sorry [CeDe]Aushilfe, should have read better and used my head instead of reacting like a baboon.   wink_o.gif

My apologies to you m8!

Read my post again, please. It was just a hint and the suggestion for those who are willing to cooperate with you guys to get in touch with you, so it doesnt end up in a one way taking the stuff of others thingy..... No discussion, no offense. Like i said, i respect your pov.

Aushilfe @ Nov. 20 2008,20:14)]Read my post again, please. It was just a hint and the suggestion for those who are willing to cooperate with you guys to get in touch with you, so it doesnt end up in a one way taking the stuff of others thingy..... No discussion, no offense. Like i said, i respect your pov.

Yeah sorry about that one m8. I kinda over reacted it seems.  goodnight.gif

Hard day at work, problems at home. We all been there one time or another.  icon_rolleyes.gif  Yeah no offence taken, i edited my post to get rid of some of my self inflicted shame. sad_o.gif

We do have cooperation with others already to some extent. Off course if people have questions about stuff they can ask.

As for now, the current stuff will still not make a public free usable status though wink_o.gif  Knowledge between addon makers and cooperation is a key to better addons and skill naturally.  banghead.gif

X has been given the bunny suit and sent on point. biggrin_o.gif .The veg and the rest of the mod will become available for use once we have relased our mod. Having others wanting to make islands is very welcome and takes some of the work load off of us for requests.

X has been given the bunny suit and sent on point.  biggrin_o.gif .The veg and the rest of the mod will become available for use once we have relased our mod. Having others wanting to make islands is very welcome and takes some of the work load off of us for requests.

Actually I didnt ask for something else before tounge2.gif

But as Warrior Xâ„¢ said he only had a bad day and didnt read my post exactly.

Well, well, well, so this is where everyone is hanging out! Lots of new screen shots that haven't been shown on Hawknam or OFPNam! Nice work (again... as usual!wink_o.gif

Ok, some of you guys seem a little unsure about the quality of this Mod. All I can say is... it will be FAN-FUK-IN-TASTIC. I play on their OFP mods and they seriously rock. This will, I am sure, be just as incredible! They are hell bent nutters who love getting all the technical nitty gritty right... even down to whats under crackers a grunt wears. We are all in good hands!

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO SHIT YOUR PANTS. If this is anything like their OFP stuff, you will be living in hell for the 2 hours or so that you play it each time. Charlie will bite your ass if you don't get your shit together! So, you better get some solid tactics worked out... otherwise the next ride out will be a dust-off!

KEEP UP THE WORK GUYS. I can see you are determined to scare us all! Twang, click... BOOM!