Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

We had a small issue with the isle, We had to rethink our approach. Rest assured it has been rectified, it will be released soon.

Sav

Can you elaborate this alittle please? I have no special reason except that I like to read about technical mumbo-jumbo in addonmaking! smile_o.gif Maybe other modmakers can benefit from the information to?

Really looking forward to go back to vietnam!

We had a small issue with the isle, We had to rethink our approach. Rest assured it has been rectified, it will be released soon.

Sav

Can you elaborate this alittle please? I have no special reason except that I like to read about technical mumbo-jumbo in addonmaking! smile_o.gif Maybe other modmakers can benefit from the information to?

Really looking forward to go back to vietnam!

When you make a jungle map as dense as we make them, there are a lot of variables to take into consideration.  There are many many pieces of vegetation that are placed on the map so we are constantly tweaking this vegetation to retain the visual effect while increasing performance.  Our maps have been historically large and very dense so the number of veg pieces is huge...  

If you think of it...  Tweaking 1 model affects MANY pieces of vegetation on the map...  So a tweak here with Model A, tweak model B etc etc...  

Our goal is trying to capture the Southeast Asian jungle on machines of all types.  High end super computers or the low end machines and still be playable.  So if you have the juice to turn up the settings, it will be presented like the promo pics we released... If you do not have the juice, you will hopefully still be able to play it with the settings dumbed down.

Well, I'm still here patiently waiting for the mod.

In the meanwhile doing a bit of modern warfare on Sahrani. I'm so happy we don't have a lot cars in the Vietnam war, because those danged vehicles that can't ride in groups are really starting to piss me off.

Got any screens on VC yet? Or are they gonna be a suprise untill the release?

Well some internal shots of VC, but nothing we want to show outside yet  biggrin_o.gif We will most likely show people what will be in our first release before it actually is released. Sorta along the lines of our Demo II for OFP. So you will most likely see them somewhere in the future.

Car wars in 'Nam... nahhh..wait M48's and some PT76's going at it through the red dirt of Khe Sanh... Naaaaah wouldn't work!  rofl.gif

the mod looks just too good... Hope you'll be willing to port this project over to Arma2 once its out, the mod deserves it! The models look great, I can imagine porting it shouldn't be too hard give its just the same engine enhanced in some factors... It was already my favorite on ofp!

Willing to throw in some new teasers? whistle.gif

the mod looks just too good... Hope you'll be willing to port this project over to Arma2 once its out, the mod deserves it! The models look great, I can imagine porting it shouldn't be too hard give its just the same engine enhanced in some factors... It was already my favorite on ofp!

Willing to throw in some new teasers? whistle.gif

Maybe... maybe not wink_o.gif

Maybe ArmA 2 depending on the way it runs, most of us are only just getting our comps up to a good standard to be able to run AA decently. Only time will tell confused_o.gif

Didn't think this mod would have lasted this long, good to see this bad boy still rocking.

I don't think me and Drow really thought it would kick off so well, heh.

Well The Unsung is still around and kicking ass as you can see smile_o.gif Nice to see the old members of the mod are also still hanging around the place  notworthy.gif

p.s. Haven't seen Drow in ages btw.

Heya Andre,

We are trying to create the dense jungle environment as close as possible. Most of us have seen Vietcong wink_o.gif Stick around, The Unsung may have something to show again one of these days.

Cheers,

Xâ„¢

Thanks Mark VIII!

It is coming along nicely! In order to do it right, time is needed...

Hopefully, we will have some promo pics here soon...

(hint hint X! nener.gif )

stop teasing us with promises of promo pics and just show those promo pics you little basterd (no offence) tounge2.gif cant wait to play around with this biggrin_o.gif

stop teasing us with promises of promo pics and just show those promo pics you little basterd (no offence)  tounge2.gif    cant wait to play around with this   biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif no worries brother we wont post anymore screenies :P ... Jks. We are all hard at work pulling it all together, not long to go now smile_o.gif .  I have to honestly say this project is exceeding our expectations ,it doesn't even feel like arma anymore everything has changed. The atmosphere is unlike anything experienced before in OFP and ARMA. You will see why it has taken a while to release when you see the content and effort put in by the team.

So Soldier !!!  Make sure you powder yer feet and bring your mozzie repellent ,soon you will be up to you armpits in well ..... heheh you get the idea.

Sav

if those were lies... you would hate to smell napalm in the morning pistols.gif

vietnam fever, new disease in BI forum, spreading across the jungles of unsung mod  rofl.gif

Okay sorry for the delay in news and release info. We have been very busy chasing and tieing up loose ends. The island had to be drastically reduced for R1 as it was massive.. it would have taken about 6 hours to fast recon across North to South. Plus the V3 editor didn't lend itself to regional population of the map thus everything has to be hand placed copied and pasted etc(very annoying). we've been constantly tweeking the island to get the best performance from it. Jungle environments are just as hard to accomplish in AA as OFP but we have managed to crack this. we are in the early stages of testing. One of the big hurdles was/is getting the stuff binned the non-binned pbos work very well but as with binning there are always frustrations.

Anyways we are still here and busting our butts to get this initial taste of nam released.....you will be pleased.

Re maps to be released in further releases, we have a list and it is a nam freaks dream, we have the DEMs ready to go,and the island team is stoked to get on with it. Khe Sanh,Lang Vie,Co Roc area  is very high on that list wink_o.gif

Don't worry to much Andre, the island is still large enough. It's just not laaaaaaaarge large  biggrin_o.gif

It was taking to much time for the island to be ready so we napalmed it to a smaller piece so we can bring you, the people that will run around the place like mindless goons and get shot all over the place by mister Charles, a Vietnam mod asap. The island will probably be rebuild at a further stage of the mod and released as it should have been, but for now the plan is to keep it smaller for the first release.

Hope that gives ya some relief  smile_o.gif

Can't wait to see what you guys been upto.

Any chance of a screeny of the island/s?

Thanks guys.

As X said the island is still huge, it will take about four hours to fast walk across. But was taking just too much time to finish the original island. If V3 had a regional tool it would have sped up the proccess greatly. As you can see I'm a wrptool fan, but beggars cann't be choosers, you have to suck it up and work with what you got. If you want ingame screenies we can post more, just didn't want to frustrate you with the pics, but no release. Hang in there guys it is coming.

Any chance of a map of Dien Bien Phu (1954) with the French Union forces and the VietMinh or is this mod only in the Second Indo-China war with NVA,VietCong and America?

It's not on our radar at the moment. the island wouldn't be the problem (we have the DEMs), it would require new units and equipment. We are a very small group and since we are just finishing up the foundation to our nam mod, it makes sense for us to move forward and expand on what we have.