Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

Quote[/b] ]Got a small suggestion/question.

Are the weapons gonna have some sort of High Dispersion option? In the jungle the fights are gonna be from a close range, and I don't know if sniper AK's(like normal AI has) is gonna be the best solution for optimal gameplay.

Weapons are all custom and that means custom dispersions and settings.

Quote[/b] ]At close range there must be some insane musketesque dispersion for it to even matter

Maybe the new Rommel ai suppression script (no more ai cheats) and the vegetationfix could leave the rifles as is.

The vegetation fix is not going to apply here as this is all custom vegetation.

Right...new vegetation, sorry biggrin_o.gif. But you will do better viewblocks then vanilla ArmA right?

Right...new vegetation, sorry biggrin_o.gif. But you will do better viewblocks then vanilla ArmA right?

Ofcourse, if you played the OFP version of The Unsung mod you can see that the AI was pretty much on the same terms as you when it came to dense vegetation.

Unbelievably beautiful! That looks like a complete new game wink_o.gif

Got a small suggestion/question.

Are the weapons gonna have some sort of High Dispersion option? In the jungle the fights are gonna be from a close range, and I don't know if sniper AK's(like normal AI has) is gonna be the best solution for optimal gameplay.

Got a small suggestion/question.

If you played our OFP MOD, high dispersion ammo was standard and not an option.  We have applied HD ammo to all weapons but we reserve the right to tweak!  wink_o.gif

In a jungle atmosphere...  encounters range from 50-75m and below...  So between the HD ammo, the recoils...  it is going to make things "interesting" to say the least.

You will have to internally fight the want to hose someone in the jungle vs. conserving your ammo and finding the right position to fight from...  Hosing the ammo makes for a quick battle...  You either run out of ammo or you become public enemy number one by the AI...

Wouuh, damn good work. inlove.gif

I'm waiting for a long time for a nice Vietnam Mod. cant wait to try this out.

Thank you guys for all the kind words and appreciation. To reiterate what PGI said, things are moving along very well.

While no definite release date is set , realistically it looks like it could be a few more months.

The R1 pack was/is really a testbed for the team so we can get used to all the new tools. Regarding the lag our mod leader is working on a fix that should greatly improve performance, not that it needs it as yet wink_o.gif

Unsung has always been about quality, hopefully this is represented in the pics posted. As things progress you will see more and more "equipment" making its way into the mod.

We have a long term plan and the means to carry it out... DONT WORRY WE WILL RELEASE..... we always strive to push the limits of the engine without sacrificing performance which we surprise ourselves sometimes smile_o.gif

We have a large talented team working on every aspect of the mod. Each member is working on their area of expertise. While we have R1 pretty well covered, we will need some volunteers to help out on the Khe Sanh project down the road. So please check back often and we may release some more screenies to feast your eyes upon

Sav

Two more screens for you people to enjoy.

We would like to inform the public that the weapons the units are holding are in fact Vila's weapons.

The credit for those is his! Our own weaponry is still WIP and is currently at 95% finished.

Picture 1, Huey insertion. (click here)

Picture 2, Passing some ruin. (click here)

Enjoy smile_o.gif

nice screens, i think drow the old unsung leader will be indeed be pleased with what you have achieved smile_o.gif

nice screens, i think drow the old unsung leader will be indeed be pleased with what you have achieved  smile_o.gif

Yeah let´s hope so. We tried to stay at the same path the first Unsung team was on as much as possible. Hope we do them justice with our current work.  smile_o.gif

In other news:

We got for you two more screens to gaze upon.

Again the weaponry is still Vila´s. All rest is Unsung´s stuff.

Picture 1, high grass.

Picture 2, closeups.

Right, common people focus here and not on pics tounge2.gif

The Unsung MOD has a recruitment going on currently.

Although all other fields of expertise are pretty much covered, we lack manpower in the Animators squad. We have lots of projects to do, but have shortadge on staff in that field.

wewantyouanimatorunsungtb7.jpg

Do you feel like you got the right stuff to make it in the jungle´s of South-East Asia as a Animator, then contact us on this (click here) forum thread. Present us a piece of your work. You must be skilled already as we do not have the time to teach people!

Cheers,

Warrior X {The Unsung}

Will you made that weapon?

M79PUMP.JPG

Its modification of grenade launcher by seals.

Will you made that weapon?

M79PUMP.JPG

Its modification of grenade launcher by seals.

The China Lake EX-41 will be made...  Or is it made already?

hmmmmmmm    whistle.gif

Well, the m79 is basically a shotgun with a larger round that is lobbed instead of fired, while the ex-41 is the same just with a pump action instead of manual reloading. I'm thinking that they were thinking, since they've got so many shotgun elements, why not add more.

Your site needs to decide whether it's OFP or ArmA guys. I can't see what's what.

Also, where is your forum? I clicked the link and found the OFPNam site but no mention of Unsung on it. Do you have an Unsung section?

Yes, there's an Unsung section, but you can use the whole forum for posting questions, as long as you keep to the relevant subforums, as in, post in research for troubleshooting.

Your site needs to decide whether it's OFP or ArmA guys. I can't see what's what.

Also, where is your forum? I clicked the link and found the OFPNam site but no mention of Unsung on it. Do you have an Unsung section?

Hopefully this helps.

http://www.ofpnam.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?21

Unsung News Link

http://www.ofpnam.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?30

Unsung MOD Support

Regarding the EX-41, it will not be able to shoot M576 rounds, only M406 rounds...  The launcher works on the premise that the rounded portion of the 40mm HE round helps load the next round into the chamber.  The M576 round is completely flat and therefore jams.

About HD weapons; why dont have realistic ballistics and dispersion and tweak the aidispersion values instead? I hate when I miss with a well aimed shot.

That's what we're aiming for. I dislike automatic dispersion in ArmA weapons, targets are hard to hit anyway, adding dispersion for players is just gonna piss me off.

About HD weapons; why dont have realistic ballistics and dispersion and tweak the aidispersion values instead? I hate when I miss with a well aimed shot.

Even better

I know you said the release wasn't far off so I'm just curious any news?

We had a small issue with the isle, We had to rethink our approach. Rest assured it has been rectified, it will be released soon.

Sav