Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

I think that it PGI will answer better. wink_o.gif

38dad649126f7c02med.jpg

Full size

I remember, that screens from very early period of work.

Edit

MehMan be first ^^,

looking nice guys

hope go not be too laggy on the island with all the trees

hmm the pilothelmet need some art on it

i fond a link for the helmet art

vietnam helmetart

hope it can help little bit

eddyd

Not all painted helmets. Determined was minority smile_o.gif. I know this page. I thank EddyD

holy smokes! i see S.O.G. warriors brought some VERY informative photos from last patrol held in deep enemy territory or should i say mod makers HDD drives? biggrin_o.gif

hehe, just awesome, can't wait till we join up in a MP game guys wink_o.gif

btw, is that CSJ hueys?

As you guys would suspect, we have a pretty indepth roadmap of what we want to release and when...  With each release, there will be a theme so to speak.  We want to get 1 or 2 releases under our belt by adding some content for others to play.  Then we plan on releasing the larger pieces of the MOD.

So to answer one question, we have every intention of including the Marines, the Army, the Air Cavalry, some Navy items, Aussies, Koreans etc until we have all service branches of the Armed Forces included during this period of time.

Khe Sanh will most likely be our first undertaking since we finished OFP with the Khe Sanh Sanh module.  With any luck, we will be able to present the Marines (e.g. Infantry, USMC vehicles, USMC aircraft) to the community and move on from there...

Morale is high and we are moving at a very good pace.  We had some new members join the team that are talented and motivated to move forward as well.  It is a very good working environment and a deep knowledge base as these pictures are starting to show people.  90% of the items being created is brand new for ArmA.  Very little is being retained from our OFP days.

Regarding the performance of the jungles.  This is a very challenging aspect of any Vietnam based MOD.  As you would suspect, it can be the most taxing issue on a computer.  Then trying to create vegetation that is top of the line but that also can run on all machines is "fun."  If you recall or had a chance to play our MOD in OFP, we were able to master that quite well I think, so we are applying our knowledge to creating veg that is playable in the ArmA environment.

So stay with us...   We have some cool stuff being worked on in the motorpool...  Being all NAM nuts, we hope our passion for recreating the war comes through loud and clear...

holy smokes! i see S.O.G. warriors brought some VERY informative photos from last patrol held in deep enemy territory or should i say mod makers HDD drives? biggrin_o.gif

hehe, just awesome, can't wait till we join up in a MP game guys wink_o.gif

btw, is that CSJ hueys?

Yes! Good eye...

CSJ's Hueys are included and ready to go! I think his birds speak for themselves... Good stuff...

sure they are, i'm just curious if there's proper Uh-1Fs and Ps...

yeah, from 20th S.O.S., Green Hornets. S.O.G. needs them:)

sure they are, i'm just curious if there's proper Uh-1Fs and Ps...

yeah, from 20th S.O.S., Green Hornets. S.O.G. needs them:)

Green Hornets are a thing of beauty...

wink_o.gif

omfg, you just said those hueys are done already? O.O Uh-1F and Uh-1P Gunship? wow_o.gif

what can i do more... just notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

A lot of people have already asked about further units, but got some questions about the SF.

In the screenies I've spotted the M16A1(my fav), the M14 and a (shortened) M60.

Is this the weapon line up we are going to see with the first release?

Because some of the most used weapons in the SF was offcourse the CAR-15(some with an XM148 grenade launcher), and more or less the M3, M1A1 Thompson and the Stoner MG(SEALs). The G3 was used too, but we can use the one from the Turkish mod.

How's the progress btw on VC/NVA units? Will they make it for the first release?

Weapons are taken care of, and those are not the only ones you will see in the final pack. smile_o.gif

What would the SF be without some worthy opponents? You can be sure that there's some worthy ones out there in the jungle... wink_o.gif

A lot of people have already asked about further units, but got some questions about the SF.

In the screenies I've spotted the M16A1(my fav), the M14 and a (shortened) M60.

Is this the weapon line up we are going to see with the first release?

Because some of the most used weapons in the SF was offcourse the CAR-15(some with an XM148 grenade launcher), and more or less the M3, M1A1 Thompson and the Stoner MG(SEALs). The G3 was used too, but we can use the one from the Turkish mod.

How's the progress btw on VC/NVA units? Will they make it for the first release?

I do believe our weapon plans are to incorporate basic weapons for both sides, plus some bare SF only guns for now, but don't expect the whole SF line up of rarities, but rather weapons that were more common, at least for the first release.

VC/NVA troops will be present in first release. It's not a mod with just one side.

Well time for some high res material to dream about before the workweek starts again eh  wink_o.gif

Our 'Nam jungle:

Picture 1, click here

Picture 2, click here

Picture 3, click here

There. Now you all be good people and let us work on the stuff some more.

Sweet dreams and remember monday is malaria day and why does the alarm clock go off at 06:00? That's right because work starts oooh so F@ckin' early  biggrin_o.gif

Awesome work! If there is one era that needs some serious hardworking modders....it's this one.

Is there a possiblity for NVA trackers with K9's? Seem to remember them beeing deployed against the SOG teams. (Is it even possible to leave tracks in ArmA?)

Sandy's, O-2's, Swedish K's, and all the Stoner variations?

Ok...I could go on all day, I trust you'll make a great mod, good luck!

um, i could give my unfinished China Lake 40mm pump-action grenade launcher to you guys, so that you would finish it...  icon_rolleyes.gif

... and all info about it.

pm me if you are interested.

and also my unfinished M-67 recoilless grenade launcher with info...

i don't have much time and 3d modeling skills...

Don't worry, we have the weapons front covered, but still, you can PM me with some screens.

PM sent. I hope you will make those smile_o.gif

Got a small suggestion/question.

Are the weapons gonna have some sort of High Dispersion option? In the jungle the fights are gonna be from a close range, and I don't know if sniper AK's(like normal AI has) is gonna be the best solution for optimal gameplay.

At close range there must be some insane musketesque dispersion for it to even matter biggrin_o.gif

Maybe the new Rommel ai suppression script (no more ai cheats) and the vegetationfix could leave the rifles as is.