Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD

mainunsungbannersize512xg0.jpg

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>The Unsung Vietnam War MOD is alive and kicking!</span>

Yes people The Unsung Vietnam war MOD is back! We have just released two screenshots of our current ArmA work through the OFPNAM website.

A public release is in the near future but a release date has yet to be determined. Rest assured that our first release is not far off!

The Unsung Vietnam war MOD has from our group's Operation Flashpoint days, always strived to build a MOD based on realism during the Vietnam War. It is our mission to recreate the battlefield in order to simulate the experience of being in an actual southeast asian jungle.

Here we show you two of our recently released pictures courtesy of ofpnam.com.

284_1213140742_Unsung.jpg

284_1213140776_UNSUNG.jpg

Note: Pictures are un-edited and actual in game shots.

The above pics are the first two of more pics to follow about our WIP.

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Wanna know who The Unsung is?</span>

What you say? Never heard of The Unsung mod? Wanna know more about us?

We have our own BIKI page with lotsa info on us: click here!

Also we have our own website: click here!

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Stay tuned for any news about the MOD's first release in ArmA that will be posted in this thread!</span></span>

Be sure to also visit ofpnam8833.jpg for the latest news about the Vietnam war in OFP or ArmA.

Just...wow, awesome!

Are those really unedited? The lighting looks different.

Completely unedited, just very high settings.

Holy moly! Boy have I been missing out. I need to upgrade the ol' computer and hit 'em high. Those screens look nuts fellas. I'll certainly be looking forward to this gem. smile_o.gif

now i see what these tunnel rats been doing, instead of multi-playing hawknam's JF mod for ofp...

nevermind, good first screens, when S.O.G. warriors will be back from enemy's back yard, i hope they will bring some more informative photos with them wink_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

haha  tunnelrats!  Gotta love it!

As Mehman eluded to, those pics are completely unedited...  We just have a mate that has the Ferrari of machines...  Just beautiful shots actually...

Well, after all the beer drinking and MPing on Hawk's server, it was time to get back to work...

Can we play on the right side(vietnamese)This time?

You could do that previously. We played a few fun missions as the Vietcong or NVA on the server. The singleplayer mini campaign was on the US side, however there were missions where you played as the VC too.

I don't expect this to change in ArmA. It all depends on the mission makers though. There were some rather creative and fun missions played on the VC/NVA side.

looks awesome fellas, love the folliage.

WarriorX sent ya a PM mate

pm received and replied to m8  wink_o.gif

As MehMan said, you could play on the VC/NVA side in our OFP mod already in some missions. And we will most certainly be making missions for these sides in our ArmA mod. No worries smile_o.gif

i was waiting when you will finally show secret, please give people more screens from ARMA work smile_o.gif

as they are kneeling down smile_o.gif

The plan so far is to have NVA and VC missions, most likely aswell a VC mini campaign. wink_o.gif

i was waiting when you will finally show secret, please give people more screens from ARMA work smile_o.gif

as they are kneeling down smile_o.gif

As it says more pics to follow.

Looks brilliant. I have been waiting for a proper Vietnam SF addon & map. Do you have some areas that are less densely forested than the ones in your screenie? In OFP the Dak Saeng map had some excellent spaces with trees 1 to 2 meters apart, making the AI really come out well. Good firefights there.

Well, like I said, I just can't wait!

Keep up the good work lads.

Island will suit all tastes once we're done with it. wink_o.gif I can't reveal more. All I can say is that the variation is there.

IS this even ArmA? Screenshots look almost like Crysis, biggrin_o.gif Looks great, looks almost liek real jungle biggrin_o.gif

I have to ask, what are the chances us Island editors can get our grubby hands on that vegitation for our own jungle islands? whistle.gif

I have to ask, what are the chances us Island editors can get our grubby hands on that vegitation for our own jungle islands?  whistle.gif

muhahahahahaha

yay.gif  nener.gif

I have to ask, what are the chances us Island editors can get our grubby hands on that vegitation for our own jungle islands?  whistle.gif

At this time none to none, perhaps after we ACTUALLY release the mod then maybe we will grant permissions. I mean come on , do you really think we would allow other island makers to release an island with unsung foliage prior to our release???

"I don't think so"  yay.gif

Sorry mate maybe after the release biggrin_o.gif

I present several screens from work at this mod. Conceptual work, have to check models in environment of game. There are photos from game, unedit. Logo and frames only added.

SF Soldier near ancient ruin.. sunset

212c462e88bc0b63med.jpg

Full size

Desant from water... PBR II 3xM2 and SF team.

b53c9762d1ab1f25med.jpg

Full size

and from air... SF Team and UH1 "Slick"

aa6b474e80ae48d9med.jpg

Full size

It scants only Predator between trees ^_^

5a546ad88bb709c8med.jpg

Full size

Island from background is not part of The Unsung Mod. !!!!!

Oh my god! This looks really really good!

Vietnam is definitely my favourite theme, and you guys are producing some real kick ass SF teams here.

The comment under the last screenie, about the island in the background not being yours, leads to the question : who's is it? and where can I find it?

Quote[/b] ]The comment under the last screenie, about the island in the background not being yours, leads to the question : who's is it? and where can I find it?

It island of my authorship smile_o.gif Unissued, i use its only

for verification of addons in tropical climate.

Is there also some infantry planed like the AirCav, Marines, .... or only these SF huh.gif

Great pictures guys it looks really like crisis biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif great work