Sign in to follow this  
zwobot

Operación Azul

Operación Azul - Recovering the Malvinas version 1-0-1

On April 2nd 1982 Argentina occupied the Malvinas/Falklands which by the time were defended only by a small british Royal Marine garrison.

Player's role: Squadleader of an Argentine Commando squad (uses General Barron's Handsignal Command System)

Singleplayer

Island: Stanley

Ofp required version: 1.96

This is a semi-historic mission which is based on the events on August 2nd 1982 (named "Operación Azul" by the Argentines).

The mission is at night, so you might want to adjust your display settings accordingly beforehand.

Also have a look in the "Notes" section of the Readme.txt

Get the mission from the beta thread at ofpec:

Operación Azul beta thread at ofpec.com

Or get the mission directly from rapidshare:

Operación Azul at rapidshare

Required addons:

Please install the Falklands Mod addons in the order listed below.

Falklands Mod 1.0 (~280 MB)

Falklands Mod required addons and Editorupgrade102 (FLK 1.0 release thread)

FLK single updates:

C-130

Alouette

Wasp

Guerrico

ArtUA

M79 Grenade Launcher

Ajax Bay

Rapiers

Stanley

St Mary's RC Church

Falklands Mod 1.1 Update (~ 28 MB) (FLK 1.1 Release thread)

HS Command System 1.2 by General Barron (Release thread):

Core addon 1.0

1.2 update

Sound files

Fwatch (optional)

Information:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/falklands/inv.html

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Falklands/NP8901.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rosario

"The Argentine fight for the Falklands", Martin Middlebrook.

Hi Nepumuk:

Thanks for continuing to make missions for OFP and specifically for the Falklands Mod. I downloaded your mission and tried it out over the weekend. I am still getting familiar with the HS system so I haven't had a chance to complete the entire mission as of yet but I intend to.

Are you planning additional Falklands missions? I'm certain that there are other OFP players out there like me that would appreciate your work.

Thank you CAPTUSNR, I appreciate your feedback.

I posted another Falklands mission in the Ofpec.com beta forum, it is called Mount Longdon. It features the Command Engine of CoC, the player has command over 3 platoons of British paras...

And I have another mission on the Argentine side which uses the Handsignal command system, too. I have not released it yet; the mission takes place one day after the "Mount Longdon" mission but the mission plot is not really related to it (except for the historical background obviously).

Hi Nepumuk:

I did indeed download the Mount Longdon mission as and plan to play it through at some point this week as time permits. Thanks for making me aware of it.

If I may ask, when do you plan on releasing the other Argentine mission that you mentioned? I'd love to have it in my Falklands missions folder as well. Cheers!

If I may ask, when do you plan on releasing the other Argentine mission that you mentioned? I'd love to have it in my Falklands missions folder as well. Cheers!

Puh, I can't say for sure as I am busy with reallife these days although there are only some minor works to do on the mission (completing the intro for example).

Completely understand your situation Nepumuk.

Well, if time permits please release the mission at some point as I'm sure that there are others within the community like me that would enjoy having a new Falklands mission to add to our OFP repertoire.

Thank you for keeping the game alive! smile_o.gif

I think Nepumuk means on April 2nd not August 2nd.

by Kendo for all your geeky needs

I think Nepumuk means on April 2nd not August 2nd.

by Kendo for all your geeky needs

banghead.gif

I've corrected the first post and the post in the Ofpec.com missions forum whistle.gif