Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Hi wld27, what about modding the Chernarus Defence Force?

It is already on the BLUFOR side, so Chernarus is definitely western-oriented.

I see this force in line with the rather "new" NATO members. They are already aligned with the west but did not have money or time to totally re-equip with western stuff.

That way you can imagine any western equipment you want for the CDF, on the assumption that Chernarussians are trying to reach compatibility with NATO allies. At the same time, any piece of Russian hardware does not look out of place because that is what they started with.

Just my 2 cents.

i kinda agree, the CDF is like the same as the racs from arma1, but with a different back ground! that would also help you out, cause many of the old racs addons could be converted to a2 and re-painted to match the CDF!

I did found this text on factions section:

Recent training with NATO armies and foreign help enables CDF to cooperate with USMC and efficiently fight the insurgency.

CDF troops use a mixture of Eastern and Western equipment.

Looks like that the CDF uses Western weapons and trains with NATO.

Edited by Leopard

Well it looks liek i will be sticking with Arma1. Seems alot of what everyoen told me abotu being able to play arma2 is untrue. from what i played it was too blurry, and i only got to play that because i played it on my buddies computer. Sadly my machine will not run ArmaII and i cannot afford a new one right now.....

So all you lucky fans of Project RACS can be happy to know i will continue modding Project RACS until i can get a machine that can run Arma2.

wld,

Don't feel bad. I am in the same boat as you are. maybe coming out of this deployment I will enough money saved up.

wld,

have you tried again playing it with the updated 1.02 patch? Your description sounds exactly like my experiences with Arma2 1.01, but now it's playable (but still buggy). The blur occuring at any micro-move has gone.

i cant even run the demo......

wich pisses me of because i run Arma1 at highest settings on my current machine.

i cant even run the demo......

wich pisses me of because i run Arma1 at highest settings on my current machine.

That doesn't sound right?

My old computer can barely run ArmA at medium settings, but it can at least run ArmA 2 at low to very low settings.

Looks like it's time to put a donate button on the Project RACS homepage. ;)

A2 demo runns on my rig... but the result is, that I still prefer A1 and OFP (until release of at least two more patches). This way, I still use Project RACS and all the other famous rersults of the A1 community :D

wld427: you're not missing anything. I'm still keeping my team in A1 and finishing up an island that we use in each event. We can wait for couple of more A2 patches, no prob ;) and yes, we already own 505 and German versions of A2. MP events are just full of bugs so far (1.02).

btw, couple of questions:

1. when will you incorporate damage textures for the carpack

2. will we see a new version of Mig-21BIS that works with ACE 1.09 and has non-guided bombs (such as fab-250)?

p.s. I also cancelled the order for 200-300 copies of A2 after slow response of the publisher (they were too late to catch the European release date in my country despite several requests to hurry up) and after I saw that many *crucial* things didn't get fixed in all the years of development I've been kinda glad it came out this way.

Armor simulation (or lack of it) and different ammo effects on different armor types is just one of those crucial things.. BIS let that 5.56 ammo can destroy armor and only beefing up vehicle hitpoints is something I just can't forgive BIS in A2.

The car pack should have working dammages now, or at least the last update did. There were some issues with them not showing on a couple faces.

YES the MiG-21 is honestly my second favorite plane we did. (MirageIII is the first and F-16 third). Ive been tweaking it for a long time now. I still need to get the cockpit textures sorted out as i still think they need a updating. If you know of anyone that would be interested in helping out on that let me know. I really would like to take the plane to Arma2 in a red air pack.

Also, before i release anything else new i plan to continue working out bugs on the last release. The car pack was really never complete to my satisfaction. I just released it cause i was sick of looking at it.

Hey, sorry to dig up this topic, but i would like to know if PRacs has some projects for ArmA 2. As we can fight again in Sahrani, i though it would be great to see PRacs' great stuff ported in ArmA 2, and, although i truely love ArmA 2, i also miss Racs vs SLA scenarii, and so PRacs...

Thanks for the interest in the project. Unfortunately right now as i cannot afford a new machine that is capable of running arma2, there are no plans to take any of the project forward. Right now i am still the sole member of the mod team and real life issues and loss of interest in modding have prevented me form even finishing any of the WIP stuff still setting in my P drive.

In time i would like to do sort of a RACS expeditionary force pack with some infantry and a couple vehicles. maybee a chopper or two for Arma2.

If anyone is interested in converting any of our addons please get in touch with me. I will give you source files and whatnot as long as you secure permissions from the original addon makers.

thanks

Eddie

Well i am becoming Active again. I am thinking of converting some of our addons over. Be a lot easier when we get some more samples. Hopefully we will haves some Pracs stuff in the works, but really i might focus on one of the under developed factions in ARMA2 like the Independant side and the OPFOR insurgents with some more CDF units to complete the set. Right now i am learning the new coding and messing around with developing a better police force.

Lamar

Thanks for the answers guys.

Great to see that you're still around here and still having projects. I totally understood what you say wld247, modding is a time-eater and real life is so more important. I whish you the best for that :)

In time i would like to do sort of a RACS expeditionary force pack with some infantry and a couple vehicles. maybee a chopper or two for Arma2.
Hopefully we will haves some Pracs stuff in the works, but really i might focus on one of the under developed factions in ARMA2 like the Independant side and the OPFOR insurgents with some more CDF units to complete the set.

These are damn nice ideas !

I'm (slowly :p) learning addon making/tweaking/porting on ArmA 2, and, although i think there are plenty of people more talented than me, i will conctact you and would be glad to help you as much as i can, if needed, when/if i will be ready to make something "correct".

Again, thanks for taking time to answer me, and best wishes for your upcoming projects and real life :)

I'm a little late cause alot of players are playing arma 2 mainly now. Well I cant afford a machine that can run arma 2 for a while, so I want to do something productive in the meantime.

I have decided to make a campaign / mission pack using project RACS (if thats ok with you) and some other addons to formulate a living, breathing sahrani, and depending on the missions you play you can reimagine having RACS Vs SLA like in the campaign, but without US help since the RACS are now competent.

Or, you could jump right into after they defeat the North and create a united sahrani, then you need to battle rebels and northern loyalists as both a member of the army or a police officer.

From there I would like to have some missions where a foreign power invades and you (try) to fend them off.

The possibilities are many and I'd like to make a plethora of quality missions to go along with project RACS. Is this OK with you wld?

I'm a little late cause alot of players are playing arma 2 mainly now. Well I cant afford a machine that can run arma 2 for a while, so I want to do something productive in the meantime.

I have decided to make a campaign / mission pack using project RACS (if thats ok with you) and some other addons to formulate a living, breathing sahrani, and depending on the missions you play you can reimagine having RACS Vs SLA like in the campaign, but without US help since the RACS are now competent.

Or, you could jump right into after they defeat the North and create a united sahrani, then you need to battle rebels and northern loyalists as both a member of the army or a police officer.

From there I would like to have some missions where a foreign power invades and you (try) to fend them off.

The possibilities are many and I'd like to make a plethora of quality missions to go along with project RACS. Is this OK with you wld?

Lo mate,

I'm not actually part of Project Racs, but I have worked with them a lot in the past.

The best thing that can ever happen for a mod maker is for there addons to be used in missions/campaigns, I only speak for myself but I would say WLD would be very happy for some dedicated RACS missions.

All these RACS addons were made with the intention of giving us all the option to use them instead of the men/equipment supplied by BIS.

I say go for it, very polite to ask tho, but not really needed in this case.

You will have to share any missions tho, as I like playing with RACS as well :)

Southy

Well first off thank you for your interest in our mod. i would be delighted for you to use the addons in any mission and fashion you deem necessary. If you need any support please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for the kind words southy :)

I too have been sucked into the underworld of arma2. Wife bought me a new machine as a retirement present. Now if i could ever get this silly pool deck completed i may look into porting PRACS to arma2.....

Well first off thank you for your interest in our mod. i would be delighted for you to use the addons in any mission and fashion you deem necessary. If you need any support please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for the kind words southy :)

I too have been sucked into the underworld of arma2. Wife bought me a new machine as a retirement present. Now if i could ever get this silly pool deck completed i may look into porting PRACS to arma2.....

Hey good to hear mate.

Give me a shout if you need any help finding your feet with arma2, I don't know much but I'm willing to help where I can :)

now back to that pool deck!

Southy

nice to hear you're still alive WLD!

It would be good to see the PRACS stuff ported over, and a word to all mission makers: please make some missions and or campaigns with these units! I tried to make some missions myself, but I horribly suck at scripting and my real life leaves me with little time to improve my skills (luckily)

anyway, I hope to see your addons in arma 2 one day, and who knows, maybe in arrowhead aswell?

Alright, then I will get to work on making some fun SP, PVP, and COOP missions as well as a SP/COOP campaign using Project RACS and some other addons like "South Sahrani Police" for some missions and some missions using the naval units.

Hopefully I can siphon off enough of my income to get a new machine and I can start my arma 2 mission making adventure.

Awesome news! ArmA 2 feels lacking and empty without all those wonderful PRACS addons...:(

Want some help with that deck?

NOT!!! ;) unless you reeeaaally need some help because I do occasionally work as a carpenter...:p

hmm, thats pretty cool, sahrani is coming to the aide of their US allies. Takes some big stones to go up against the russians though. =D