Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Really it is guys like Vilas, SnakeMan, Datakill and others who are always there to help out and offer up anything they have for me to use. They are the ones that keep me going.

Are you talking about you, or PRACS? Cuz you may have fogotted Footmunch !

Gnat @ Mar. 03 2009,17:17)]
Really it is guys like Vilas, SnakeMan, Datakill and others who are always there to help out and offer up anything they have for me to use. They are the ones that keep me going.

Are you talking about you, or PRACS? Cuz you may have fogotted Footmunch !

and you too Gnat for you countless efforts at helping fix my crappy configs.

and you too Gnat for you countless efforts at helping fix my crappy configs.

np mate.

BTW, might interest a few people and a little OT, I found yesterday it possible to cause BinPBO to crash/error out just be re-arranging the sequence of parameters in a config.

No, not syntax, or actual value changes, just simply the order in which they occur !! crazy_o.gif

It seems to be very sensitive to the ordering of; landingaoa, landingspeed, brakedistance, envelope and flapfrictioncoef

... it could have confused me for a very long time if I hadn't twigged to it early.

i think you should name and shame, although they were other peoples models you put in time and patience for them to pull out just before the finish line. Its like building a house and getting told you dont have planning permission just before you put the number on the front door! Why can't you just release them anyway lol

Quote[/b] ]Why can't you just release them anyway lol

Because that not the right thing to do, getting proper permission is out of respect out of other addon makers. Respect is an important aspect of this community.

thumbs-up.gif

i wouldn't have respect for anyone who messes around with my time like it seems these people do, but then again i'm a c*nt.

True, though lately seems like respect--among other things--are going out the window. Just like the showing of respect to ask for permissions, them being granted fully allowing countless hours and days having work done only to have them respectfully pulled at the last minute.

While the original creator of such addons has the fullest rights to do so, it shows lack of character and respect as well, especially when they knew both sides were in full agreement, work was being done and getting ready to be released. If anything, it's not respect, that is just pure spite.

A similar thing happened to my mod (LoBo) after we put a lot of work on a particular addon only be told that we can't use it anymore because they sold the model to an un-named company.

It REALLY sucks hard. I'm sorely tempted to release it anyways, but its not a make or break addon so I just decided to say screw it... and just won't ever work with that addon maker again on anything.

But it sounds like the Project RACS mod really got screwed hard. Personally I would name names if the very base of the mod got pulled out with no warning.

I'm assuming that those models were sold. I think BIS needs to give us a little more support regarding the legal aspects involved in this type of thing. I mean yeah we can just release the stuff anyways as few companies want to get involved in an ugly, expensive, and often international law suit. Those are usually a nightmare when it comes to proving who in the mod is an official member and/or responsible for the release. Still however, it would be nice if BIS clarified these types of issues especially when the addon in question involved mutiple members of a mod team and it is unknown how much of that work was sold to a company.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think you should say which addon maker was it, so other don't get burned by him. At least PM addon makers that you know.

I think you should say which addon maker was it,

While I too am curious as to which addon maker this was, and what is getting cut from the project, I'm not so sure that publicly releasing their name is such a good idea, or appropriate for that matter.  This is between wld427 and the opposing party, not the whole community. all this would do is stir up trouble, and possibly drive away talented addon makers from the ArmA community.

Now I'm not saying that giving someone the rights to do something, and then taking them away is acceptable, or makes sense, but I doubt retaliating in any way, shape, or form will do any good for this mod, or the other mod maker. Maybe through a little more reasoning, or talks, proper permissions could be regained, but having hundreds of angry mod fanboys beg, and bitch at the other mod maker about this would probably make the other party even more angry/ strengthen their resolve.

Just a thought...

What would really suck is if Wld's Rig got "Hacked" into and someone stole wow_o.gif all the addons and "maliciously" "released" them to the public in some evil plot to take over the world one addon at a time....that would be horrible! nener.gif

...kidding ...kidding! biggrin_o.gif

As Wld mentioned that he helped those guys a lot:

In case they are using anything from you, be it model parts, textures, scripts, config fragments, you should withdraw permission, too.

I hope people understand that this is not about revenge, but about principles. Think about an 'imaginary contract' between yourself and the mod group, which was broken by them; thus they're no longer allowed to use your work.

Anyway, hopefully this somehow resolves in a friendly manner.

Im not dragging names out yet as i still hope to work out  the permissions issues for those items.

but in the mean time, ressurecting some old projects that we have confirmed permissions for.

Untitled-1copy-2.jpg

Untitled-2copy-1.jpg

Untitled-3copy-1.jpg

Amen, couldn't have said it any better myself. yay.gif

very nice, looks great!

cant wiat for it

any chance of the NH-90 being relaesed tounge2.gif

cant wiat for it

any chance of the NH-90 being relaesed  tounge2.gif

no

it was replaced by navalized version of Puma

I also need to mention the original model of AB212 (UH-1N) was supplied by FFAA mod team. I did alot of work to it. I opened the doors, added door guns, fixed geometry issues, added new rotors, and did the retexture.

I know crdits for the AB212 were somwhere else in this thread towards the begining but Peloton was upset i did not mention them again........

im so sick of this crap.... banghead.gif

im so sick of this crap.... banghead.gif

It's getting well beyond a joke now, it's shocking to see the community degenerating into this kind of behaviour.

Chin up Wld, maybe one day these people will wake up, look in the mirror and realise just how they're behaving. Like that horrible recollection the morning after you got so drunk that you blanked out for a bit.

Wow...I thought the "Huey" came from HWM.  The FFAA team did improve on the NH90, they fixed some issues here and there.  NH90 is great now. Bummer you can't use it.

GD Mast

Wow...I thought the "Huey" came from HWM.  The FFAA team did improve on the NH90, they fixed some issues here and there.  NH90 is great now.  Bummer you can't use it.

GD Mast

FFAA mod gave us permissions as well as the original maker Afrographx. We decided in order to get on to finishing up some of the other addons we clipped it in order to save time.

No hits to the FFAA team at all.

also on the AB212 (UH-1N) originally made by the FFAA MOD team....

i added mini guns pistols.gif

Untitled-1copy-3.jpg

the AI door gunners go crazy with these things.....its a trip to fly

Since the original maker of the Huey and NH90 is Afrographx, have you thought of asking him?  Or better yet, ask HWM for their Huey.  BigMike converted the NH90 from Ofp but there were alot of problems.  If I remember correctly, the main rotors wobbled badly and I think one of the rotors (main/tail) rotated the wrong way.  I can't remember which one though.  Just a thought.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

Since the original maker of the Huey and NH90 is Afrographx, have you thought of asking him?  Or better yet, ask HWM for their Huey.  BigMike converted the NH90 from Ofp but there were alot of problems.  If I remember correctly, the main rotors wobbled badly and I think one of the rotors (main/tail) rotated the wrong way.  I can't remember which one though.  Just a thought.  smile_o.gif

GD Mast

ok one more time....there seems to be some confusion..... yes we do have permissions for the NH90. We decided not to go with it. We replaced NH90 in our order of battle with navalized puma. there is NO dispute over permissions concearning NH90. again we jsut decided nto to do it.