Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

great job on what you guys are doing, my favourite mod atm. I like the flares system but i think the planes have to many. like the other day i tries to shoot down a mig 23 with missles form Scars new boats and it took 20 missiles to get through so mabye put a limit like 3 lots of flares until you run out.

Mighty Google says this about the Mig-23 :

BVP-30-26M CHAFF/FLARE DECOY DISPENSORS:

Payload: 30 of each type

So project RACS is about right, but Scars boats are better used with Mando missiles. I also noticed that Scars boats are poor performers in AA defense. He probably would update them with time. Use RACS Type 21 boat, it is much more effective in AA defense.

At this time i think i am leaning towards pulling the countermeasures off the planes and running witht XEH requirements that way the planes will use the default flares incuded with them.

please  guys let me hear your opinions on that....

as i have discovered the incredible effects added by madmatts armaeffects i am now an XEH user....

as i have discovered the incredible effects added by madmatts armaeffects i am now an XEH user....

Go for XEH-compatibility.

As I understand this will make your addons work better with ACE (which got me hooked, like many others).

As for motivation: I love what you guys are doing; you create a nice and unique mix of vehicles. I'm looking forward to the ground troops, those screens from Lennard are wetting my appetite. You guys make RACS my favorite side to play.

If there is such mod that can add balance and nice effects to addons, why not use it? Do it.

Does XEH have counter-measures for ships by any chances?

Go for XEH-compatibility.

As I understand this will make your addons work better with ACE (which got me hooked, like many others).

As for motivation: I love what you guys are doing; you create a nice and unique mix of vehicles. I'm looking forward to the ground troops, those screens from Lennard are wetting my appetite. You guys make RACS my favorite side to play.

I agree. I'd rather see the countermeasures removed and XEH added. I can also add flares via Mando Missiles by itself or through ACE or eventually figure out how to add RKSL flares. With XEH one could always add flares with zGuba's Mod as well. It's a piece of cake, just add the class names to a settings file located in the Dta folder.

I know you've said in the past that you guys don't want your stuff dependent on external .pbo's, I understand this completely. But the good thing is that XEH is a tiny file that can just be added to your DL. Also I'm assuming there's probably a lot of people that already have it DL'd since more and more content requires it. I can not back this up in any way though so I could be dead wrong.

Ultimately what ever route you choose will not deter me from using the PRACS stuff. This stuff rocks.

Bospor,

XEH itself doesn't include any content or enhancements. It's more of a file that tweaks the internal workings of user made content to enhance cross-compatibility between community made stuff.(Or something like that, what it actually does is way over my head.  wink_o.gif )

But with XEH you can use zGuba's countermeasures and any other stuff that is XEH compatible.

As far as adding countermeasures to ships, you may want to check out Mando Missile suite. I can't remember if it can add them to ships but that's the place to check. He's got a wicked example mission that adds serious fire power to ships, it's pretty bad ass. I just can't remember if it has countermeasures on the ships.

well for the ships.... who needs countermeasures when you have "sea wiz" hint hint....

also the ships will run our "spoof script" to simulate electronic countermeasures.

what we are doing right this secnd is trying to maintain our countermeasuse system, add a limit to it, and make the aircraft XEH compatable.....

what i want to work my way to is have the aircraft "able" to run XEH and other 3rd party addons that run off it as well as not require it...

I will keep you posted

thanks for all the support guys.

also please keep the feedback coming on the addons already out there as i am going thru each one fixing RPT errors and generally updating them. Seems i have learned alot about addon making and feature implimenting over the last couple months. i want to make sure no opportunity to make something cool rinto something really cool gets missed

Eddie

Project RACS

I just need to know if anyone running ACE or XAM or any other effects addon is anyone having any troubles with our flare system....

as it is implemented now there is no problem with the flares because they overwrite any other flare systems (ACE for example)

with ACE Mod, instead of mando flares will show up PRACS flares.

I've been doing some tests and i've reached with a solution to implement xeh to pracs planes keeping the compatibility with any other mod out there (including ACE), so the pracs flares will work  unless you use the planes in a mission or mod where mando missiles is implemented (like ACE), then only the mando flares will appear.

Other case is limiting the amount of flares per plane, i only found a way to define an amount of flares per plane class , but not per unit, don't know if it's gonna be possible without a big scripting work

as it is implemented now there is no problem with the flares because they overwrite any other flare systems (ACE for example)

with ACE Mod, instead of mando flares will show up PRACS flares.

I've been doing some tests and i've reached with a solution to implement xeh to pracs planes keeping the compatibility with any other mod out there (including ACE), so the pracs flares will work  unless you use the planes in a mission or mod where mando missiles is implemented (like ACE), then only the mando flares will appear.

Other case is limiting the amount of flares per plane, i only found a way to define an amount of flares per plane class , but not per unit, don't know if it's gonna be possible without a big scripting work

yeah william,

Thanks to franze we added a limit by animating a switch within the plane...:)

I want to do some more testing today pistols.gif then i will send it over to you for the XEH work.

Thanks buddy

also....

a gentleman contacted me a lil while back about optimizing the sounds within our mod....

i unfortunately lost all my saved PMs somehow. If you are still out there buddy please get in contact with me.

Since i am going back and applying all of our newly learned addon knowledge to our older addons...... why not go all the way. smile_o.gif

just a little word of incouragement for you ^^

keep up the great work guys

i look forward to seeing some more addons

just a little word of incouragement for you ^^

keep up the great work guys

i look forward to seeing some more addons

thanks buddy,

right now i am going back thru alot of our older stuff fixing things. Right now witht he help of william1 we are going XEH compatable with all the aircraft that run scripts. Also we have added flare limits to the Mirage3 and a new version with mavericks. next time i talk to blue_flight i will have him get some pics of the new loadout up.

I spent all day yesterday beating on the chinook. All RPT errors are solved. i added new rotors and fixed a few small issues.

when re-released these will all come with signatures.

up next is the etendard.... got to fix the shadow bigs and 2 small rpt errors....

FA Dalai Lamar is working ont he RVMATs for the VEC and that one will be complete.

Fusiliers are complete... will be available next time i update the website in the next couple days.

Leos are done..... except a small RVMAT issue witht he M60-2000 but should be done quickly.

LAVs have an issue witht he turrets i could really use some help on if anyone knows about turrets. The commander stays turned out all the time.... kinda annoying....

I know connor is working hard to finish up the last couple ships as well....

Great news,

Can't wait to see the new kit, as well as the updated releases.

Keep up the great work PRACS, loving it........

notworthy.gif

also....

a gentleman contacted me a lil while back about optimizing the sounds within our mod....

i unfortunately lost all my saved PMs somehow. If you are still out there buddy please get in contact with me.

Since i am going back and applying all of our newly learned addon knowledge to our older addons...... why not go all the way.  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]a gentleman contacted me a lil while back about optimizing the sounds within our mod....

Hm, you're not referring to my changed Mig23/27 engine sound, are ye? "Optimizing the sounds" would be way exaggerated I guess. Anyway, let me know.

Regards,

VictorFarbau

wld427 you are doing a great job with the RACS. They are well represented and in my mind, instead of being a sort of side-note of force strength, their more like a consideration. Definitely "three" sides of military in the game now.

Looking forward to the XEH compatibility and future releases.

Cheers

Vidz

also....

Since i am going back and applying all of our newly learned addon knowledge to our older addons...... why not go all the way.  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]a gentleman contacted me a lil while back about optimizing the sounds within our mod....

Hm, you're not referring to my changed Mig23/27 engine sound, are ye? "Optimizing the sounds" would be way exaggerated I guess. Anyway, let me know.

Regards,

VictorFarbau

nah a fella contacted me about changing all our wav and wss files to ogg....and optimizing them

rger that...Just got my new rig today.... Still trying to reinstall everything. Thank god I back up regularly I was right in the middle of a project when it conked out....Word to the wise...NEVER EVER Stripe your Drives in RAID configuration..... Not worth it... I lost tons but luckily not photos work stuff or PRACS stuff...Phew!

Will be back in full swing on Sunday!

Best wishes,

Lamar

Word to the wise...NEVER EVER Stripe your Drives in RAID configuration..... Not worth it... I lost tons but luckily not photos work stuff or PRACS stuff...Phew!

Lamar

Yup, I've made that mistake before and lost years worth of stuff. Great to hear it wasn't a total loss. I've been down that path before and damn was I angry at myself.  mad_o.gifpistols.gifyay.gifgoodnight.gif

Word to the wise...NEVER EVER Stripe your Drives in RAID configuration..... Not worth it... I lost tons but luckily not photos work stuff or PRACS stuff...Phew!

Lamar

that's the first thing i did after receiving my new computer, disabling the 0 Raid , now i hve two drives and i backup the contain from one on the other regularly , and with Norton backup program you have your old configuration and data reinstalled in 5 minutes

as both Lamar an I have had disasterous hard drive failures recently.... i think its a clue to how dilligently we have been working to bring you this project. biggrin_o.gif worn the damn thing out working so hard tounge2.gif