Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Hey fellas,

since i dont run the ACE mod or any of the other "enhancements" that have come out lately.....

Has anyone had any issues with the Project RACS addons and compatability?

No problems were found. I play 1.15 w.ACE ane none of your addons has troubles.

Hey fellas,

since i dont run the ACE mod or any of the other "enhancements" that have come out lately.....

I found that you can no longer eject (Action is removed??)from your planes at least from the F-16s, haven't bothered with the other planes.

Also the Hilux with M240 is that something that requires QG compatibility?  Because it looks like the technical that they made in QG, not saying it is, because I can't be bothered to spend money on basically what is a minor content patch.

@wld427 ACE uses XEH, so all the addons that don't have eventhandlers/scrips should work fine.

Any planes with the special FX/afterburners will have issues as they use normal eventhandlers.

Infact anything with a eventhandler will have issues, so may work to a certain degree but others won't, it's a case of suck it and see.

Southy

Hey fellas,

I found that you can no longer eject (Action is removed??)from your planes at least from the F-16s, haven't bothered with the other planes.

Also the Hilux with M240 is that something that requires QG compatibility?  Because it looks like the technical that they made in QG, not saying it is, because I can't be bothered to spend money on basically what is a minor content patch.

We actually made that one form the released version using the BIS textures. Unfortunately they never released the model with the MLODs.

So yes and no i guess....

will you require queens gambit .... no

From what i understand since we are not releasing the model using Queens gambitt extures outside of arma we can go ahead and include them in our PBO.

Quote[/b] ]From what i understand since we are not releasing the model using Queens gambitt extures outside of arma we can go ahead and include them in our PBO.

that sounds like fragile ground to me - you'd be best off confirming that with Placebo, if you hadn't already. Making content freely available to the general arma public from something you're meant to pay for seems very dodgy.

(assuming I understood you right? You're saying because you're not using the QG model, you can still use the textures from QG in your pbo? Otherwise ignore me tounge2.gif )

No problems were found. I play 1.15 w.ACE ane none of your addons has troubles.

same er am runing ECS and Ace not at the same time like lol but thay work ok for me and am useing the FX/afterburners No problems were found well it may be just me lol

wld427,

are you guys still working on Su-24 or was it dropped from the project?

Any plans to do more Russian aircrafts? Seems you are the only ones releasing planes for the east side. Can I suggest Mig-31? There was a nice addon from Timamas in OFP.

wld427,

Any plans to do more Russian aircrafts? Seems you are the only ones releasing planes for the east side. Can I suggest Mig-31? There was a nice addon from Timamas in OFP.

No we will not do a MiG31. We added a few aircraft to offset the massive update in airpower we gave the RACS. Its like Vilas an I talk about alot in needing to maintain the balance betweent he sides  in the mod. there is plenty of eastern ground hardware addons out there, therfore we dont need to any addons in that section.

The Su24 is actually quite close to completion but i really set it aside for a bit. We need to have it to offset the heavy ships we have.

I will get back at it once we finish up and release the Fusiliers, VEC, LAVs, and cars. Also i got the Leos back  form Scars09 who did a bang up job getting the turrets to work propperly. Just a few small, very small, issues there and that one will be done too.

wld427,

I sent a request to convert the Mig31 a long time ago had no luck getting in touch with the addon maker, also Vits Mig25 was looked at but it wasn’t in a state to be converted to arma.

Opfor has the Mig17,Mig23/27, Mig21, Mig29, SU25, Su27,Su30, Su33 Su47 and soon maybe the Su-24 from Project Racs.

If you can find a decent model in Ofp of an Opfor you want converted PM me and I’ll see what I can do, mostly the permissions hold me up have about 6 outstanding, for the Su-22, Yak-38, Yak 141, Mig31 and another one.

I think for the moment Opfor airforce is quite well balanced, maybe bluefor needs some more grunt?    wink_o.gif

Opfor Aircraft are actually a favorite of mine.

Southy

ok fellas i got a wild bug up the ass today to do a little updating.... mostly solving RPT issues and adding little features.

on the MirageIII are there any other loadout requests to be added. I want to add anymore now as once i binarize and sign it this will be the final released version.

does anyone know if its capable of carrying the Maverick?

hope this helps man http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/encyclopedia/Dassault_Mirage_III

MIRAGE EXTERNAL STORES

The weapons and other stores that could be carried by the Mirage delta fighters underwent continuous improvement over the decades.

The Mirage IIIC was intended primarily as an interceptor, and so its initial external armament were early Sidewinder missiles and the Matra R-530 missile, with interchangeable infrared (IR) or radar-homing seeker. These were not very effective weapons, but better ones became available in time.

Ground attack stores, such light-to-medium bombs and various unguided rocket packs, were quickly adopted, as were drop tanks of various capacities. The French also came up with an odd combination drop tank and rocket pack, and another odd drop tank with tandem stores racks for bombs.

The Sidewinder gave way to the improved Matra Magic heat-seeking missile, as well as other advanced stores, such as laser-guided bombs, directed by a laser designator from an spotter, as no operational Mirage ever carried a designator; cluster munitions; Durandal runway-cratering weapons; the Martel ASM; and a wide range of guided air-to-ground missiles.

The Israeli Kfir carried Israeli-built weapons, such as the Shafir II and follow-on Python 3 heat-seeking missiles, and US-built weapons, such as Maverick air-to-ground and Shrike anti-radar missiles.

well seeing as how the Israelis seem to be the electronics updater of sorts these days. Examples include Indiam Mirage2000s, Georgian SU-25\29, Romainain Pumas etc... im going to go ahead and add a maverick equipped version.

any other requests?

Hey wld427,

dunno, have you seen my post in the release thread? As you mentioned you were going through RPT issues:

Hello,

BUG REPORT - I got an error in arma.rpt:

Quote[/b] ]

Warning Message: Cannot load texture pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa.

I don't have the Mig21 addon installed so I guess that's the only reason I saw this. I traced it back to the following files which contain illegal references to your Mig21 addon:

Quote[/b] ]

PRACS_MiG23.p3d -> pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa

PRACS_MiG23_CAP.p3d -> pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa

I guess that requires a minor fix by the model editor some day?

Regards,

VictorFarbau

Hey wld427,

dunno, have you seen my post in the release thread? As you mentioned you were going through RPT issues:

Hello,

BUG REPORT - I got an error in arma.rpt:

Quote[/b] ]

Warning Message: Cannot load texture pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa.

I don't have the Mig21 addon installed so I guess that's the only reason I saw this. I traced it back to the following files which contain illegal references to your Mig21 addon:

Quote[/b] ]

PRACS_MiG23.p3d -> pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa

PRACS_MiG23_CAP.p3d -> pracs_mig21\tex\pylona.paa

I guess that requires a minor fix by the model editor some day?

Regards,

VictorFarbau

ill get to the MiG21 in due time....

i really have no motivation to work on it right now.

right now im weighing the "to use" or "not to use" XEH

Hey Eddy,

I think VictorFarbau is saying that in the errors so parts of the Mig23/27 are referring to the mig21 textures.

They just need to be moved to the local mig23/27 files.

Southy

wat about using a mirage 3 with exocets? not with any reskin

or one with cluster bombs

keep up the great work

Hey Eddy,

I think VictorFarbau is saying that in the errors so parts of the Mig23/27 are referring to the mig21 textures.

They just need to be moved to the local mig23/27 files.

Southy

yeah im tracking. thats actually my fault as i now remember i used the bomb racks from the MiG21. I forgot to rename the texture and with it in my folder already would not have kicked up an error for me to catch....

reguardless i plan to go up another version rather soon with both the MiG21 and 23\27 i just need to finish up a few small details. We also recieved an offer to help remodel and retexture the cockpits. So plan on seeing an update to remove bugs and then eventually update again to add new cockpits.... opefully at that time i can have some mroe versions or something else to make it worth updating.

sorry to sound a bit crass in the upper post.  biggrin_o.gif

also looking for a little feedback on the flares scripting we have on our planes. What i want to know is if you guys liek it or not or should i remove it and make the planes run XEH.

About the Mirages. They seem to hesitate to engage in head-on fight. For that reason I prefer using stock BIS Harriers as an adversary. AI in Harriers seem to be more agressive in head-on fights. IS it just me or you fellas noticed that also?

About the Mirages. They seem to hesitate to engage in head-on fight. For that reason I prefer using stock BIS Harriers as an adversary. AI in Harriers seem to be more agressive in head-on fights. IS it just me or you fellas noticed that also?

thats actually been addressed in the weapons config. It was set for the AI to engage very very close for some reason banghead.gif

when this last update comes out = that problem solved thumbs-up.gif