Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Don't let the negative emails/post upset you (easy to say).  Unfortunately there are A-holes everywhere.  You've done fantastic work.  Just ignore them.

Agree!

Lots of addon makers get that shit all the time.

Along with lots of stupid "plz plz plz" release before its finished and "personal use only" requests.

Let your Inbox fill up from time to time .... that keeps em quiet wink_o.gif

awesome project, much respect smile_o.gif

One question about your frigate: how is it possible to put chopper on its deck in editor? What command should I use - "setpos" or something other?

Try this on the Init of the chopper

THIS Setpos [(Getpos THIS Select 0),(Getpos THIS Select 1),6]

Hm... It doesn't work. Ship constantly moves forward and chopper falls in the water sad_o.gif Btw, OFP frigates by Gnat had ability to fix chopper on the deck. So, I think, the same system should be in this Type 21.

The only idea that comes to my mind is to disarm mando hitching script system and put a variant in the ini of the frigate so it can "attach" choppers to the helipad.

I haven't looked Mando's code but it should be feasible

Hey guys, Let us know if you are able to come up with that solution as we tried everything under the sun during development. If you get a solution it will be included when we go V1 soon.

Anyone skilled in Configs can you PM me or check out my post in the Configs section? Got a bug on the LB's we cant seem to squash and could use some frsh input, Thanks in advance. notworthy.gif

Well, I've had access to USECs Navy mod and the Ticonderoga class cruisers have an option that (I think) use a custom animation trick.

There is an animation set on the cruiser that is activated via an action when the chopper is near the cruiser and it's altitude is 0 (i. e. parked on the landing pad).

This action is called "latch to deck".

If you press the chopper dissappears, an animation showing a parked chopper on the landing pad is created in the cruiser, and then all people inside the chopper are moved to the cruiser.

You can then go out and "unlatch the helicopter". That action should create the chopper again on the landing pad, set the custom animation to 0 and move the pilot to the chopper.

At this moment the code is not complete because when you do this the chopper is not created again. Anyway, it looks very good when you have a Tico steaming at full speed with a parked ocean hawk on the landing pad.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8638/armaunityer0.jpg

Problem is that you have to define an specific animation for specific helicopters, which would mean adding one animation for all possible helicopter (which is not feasible).

"I think" that something like RKSL cargo system could be used so an special proxy is created showing a parked chopper.

But I don't exactly know how it would have to be done.

Put a tarp over the chopper? I mean, the animation could be to add the shape of a helicopter covered with some sort of tent to protect it from weather... That way, you have one animation that would work okay, vs having one animation that works okay for one chopper.

but will all this scripting prevent the ship from running well in multiplayer???

If you use this method, maybe using two custom animations, one for the Cougars another one for the Hughes little bird, the only scripting needed would be moving the choppers crew to the ship, destroying the chopper, and creating the new chopper on the landing pad.

I don't think it would be problematic for the MP mode. At least you could ask the USEC people how they did that.

Well, I've had access to USECs Navy mod and the Ticonderoga class cruisers have an option that (I think) use a custom animation trick.

There is an animation set on the cruiser that is activated via an action when the chopper is near the cruiser and it's altitude is 0 (i. e. parked on the landing pad).

This action is called "latch to deck".

Sounds like a copy of my released frigate scripts for OFP.

Quote[/b] ]Problem is that you have to define an specific animation for specific helicopters, which would mean adding one animation for all possible helicopter (which is not feasible).

I disagree, that bit is do-able, MP won't cause any issues.

But the problem I see is that every user saves their custom (chopper) addons in different sub-directories .....

So the question is;

Is it possible to have a script that locates the path to a p3d, and then re-name a proxy ... probably not sad_o.gif

path to any p3d in any given pbo?

as the proxy is defined in configs, you could read it from there.

otherwise make a new topic with more details smile_o.gif

good things to say here ^^

i was showing a mate of mine some of your work as an example of what could be done..he was impressed

also while showing off the Mirage2000 which IMO is great addon

i hadnt done this before but.....i placed a tank in northern corazol and got the gunner to drop the bomb on him...

HALF of cora was blown to bits!!! HALF!! i was LMAO at it.

i then placed more tanks and troops

everything that moved was blown up even if it was behind a wall

keep up the good work

P.S i mean half blown up in a good way ^^

I am trying to get the LAV pack finished up this weekend....

If anyone has experience with adding the commander proxy to make him work with an external Machine gun PLEASE contact me. Its the last thing holding the pack up

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

a little bit of a wip.... fusiliers, LAVs, trucks, and the VEC are with beta testers now.... i am sure blue_flight will have some better pics up soon...

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Untitled-2copy.jpg

Untitled-3copy.jpg

As always, they look brilliant. Can't wait to check them out when they are out.  smile_o.gif

BTW--glad to see that radio operator in there as well, heheh.

great! nice idea using the Hilux with the M240 biggrin_o.gif

cant wait guys

[edit] Nevermind, they are slowly being fixed and showing up, lol. tounge2.gif

Hehe, what can I say. This is the first section I check when I get on the forum. Looking great btw! biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

WOW rofl.gif loving it

btw..is that a carl gustav the AT guy has?