Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

The Mig-23 is looking really nice thumbs-up.gif

Forgive me for nit-picking and you probably know this already, but as far as I know, the Mig-23 didn't carry air-to-ground weapons.

The Mig-27, which is almost identical to the Mig-23 except for the nose and air in-takes is the air-to-ground version.

I hope you understand I'm just trying to add my own 2 cents to what looks to be a very promising project, and not simply trying to shoot down (get it? rofl.gif ) your hard work.

The Mig-23 is looking really nice thumbs-up.gif

Forgive me for nit-picking and you probably know this already, but as far as I know, the Mig-23 didn't carry air-to-ground weapons.

The Mig-27, which is almost identical to the Mig-23 except for the nose and air in-takes is the air-to-ground version.

I hope you understand I'm just trying to add my own 2 cents to what looks to be a very promising project, and not simply trying to shoot down (get it? rofl.gif ) your hard work.

actually the Mig23 was used extensively in Afghanistan to carry air to gound munitions. Thas precisely why there are only 2 attack versions of it from us to coincide with what the arcraft were modified to carry. We actually need to add a 3rd attack version as was most popular the cluster bomb loadout.

but hey if you guys want the Mig27 added instead of the air to ground versions of the 23 jsut say so..... smile_o.gif

@wld427: SLA use the red star because thats what BIS gave them.....

If the SLA aircraft had a different symbol already in the game i would be happy to use that...

If you want you can use the same symbol used by Bis, otherwise the same roundel used by Eric/RKSL Mi-24 (if not protected by copyright).

Anyway also the red star fits well...

Can't wait for those Mig 23 in bwc missions as angolan air force bombers over SWA.

Maybe you could release two versions. One using the red star and one using the roundel made by Eric:

slase5.jpg

i just was getting a new verison of the mirage 2000

and i noticed that your making a MH-6 naval with a standard load-out and i thought maybe have a version with 4 FFAR pods

btw any pics of them? or are have they been dropped?

Wow! Thank you so much for doing this addon guys! What a pleasant Christmas gift! And yes, if you can make Mig-27 also, that would be super.

if it sposted to the wrbsite as coming soon its at a stage that no matter what it will be completed rofl.gif

The "SLA" rundels are included in the texture folders for all the red aircraft if on shoudl so choose all you need to do is open your PBO and change the texture name. easy schmeezy japaneesey....

Im getting alot of PMs asking for MiG27 instead of MiG23 with air to ground loadout..... general consensus?

Personnally I'd say MIG23 for CAP, MIG27 for CAS etc.......

yep.....

Im swapping out the models now....

ALSO....

I need a Beta tester that can test things for multiplayer compatability....

If interested please contact me via PM

Thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

Quick question. Mig-27 had an option of seeing the ground through TV. Is it possible to include an option like the BIS KA-50 has where you can see what is under you when attacking the ground?

Mig 23 for CAP, Mig 23 Ground version for strike missions and bombing, Mig 27 for CAS.

I agree that Mig 23 ground version was used by soviets in Afghanistan, angolan (with cuban pilots) over southern angola/SWA and some more other third world countries around the world.

Ask to Lobo but I think the syrians used a ground version of the Mig-23.

Mig 23 bag of the wagon...

Quick question. Mig-27 had an option of seeing the ground through TV. Is it possible to include an option like the BIS KA-50 has where you can see what is under you when attacking the ground?

it does now.... wink_o.gif

any other good ideas???

it does now.... wink_o.gif

any other good ideas???

I do believe the OFP Mig-27 featured TV guided missiles or bomb cam.

Good old Footmuncher with his "leg-end" witicisms. A true star.

no need to offset the b61 deployed on the Mirage2000 as the SLA have Gigans awesome scud missile set.

Just a footnote:

We are removing the Rapier battery form our static pack as RSKL hve been showing off a much more capable version. I recieved a hawk battery from GranQ and we will be incorporating that one instead.

Is it possible to incorporate "Hold altitude" option for Arma planes? It sure would come handy when using guided bombs. This way you can set an altitude and don't worry about the plane controls for a time while you are bombing someone. Than just concentrate on TV guiding the bomb while flying over the target.

Any chance of seeing deployable parachute while landing the plane?

I do have one suggestion or request, could make or script the addon in such a fashion to the roundels (I hope I spelled that right) could be changed by the mission maker? Please correct if I am wrong, but I seem to remember in the good old OFP days. Footmuch came up with a system where the mission maker could change the roundels of his aircraft. I realize that this is for SLA and RACs, but I think such an option would allow a wider use of these fantastic addons and give the mission maker a lot of flexability. What do you think?

Hmmm could be real nice, though might take the team longer if they would consider its incorporation--which I'm sure most of us probably wouldn't mind, hehe. Would be cool to be able to add company markings and logos like on the CH tanks, allowing flexibility for...ahem....*squad use* biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

But only if it is feasible for the team to look into, of course. At least if anything maybe a road to look into once the majority of things are finished...something more of an update thing? <thinking>

well ch just released his abrams and T72 pack which the racs benifit alot of becuse they GET The m1 abrams  and uparmored T72.    Which lets see besides project racs TANks  that be  idk   5 tanks for the racs..  

M60a3 patton

T72. bis /and cH versions

M1a1 by DM

M1 abrams from CH pack

T90 sa from T90 pack...

LOoks like the racs are getting ALOt of fire power... im gona bet though the old abrams got the 105 mm gun.. they probbely got The software of the SEP from uncle sam     biggrin_o.gif

so i gusse its safe to safe RAcs  heavy armor deparments almost complete.    ACourse the SLA got fricken KA50 and KA52 and Mi24. RPG 7s and 29s picking em off..   why do the commies get all the good anti tank stuff   crazy_o.gif

WE might as well throw in anti tank guns

Maybe it would be better if P-Racs could just focus on releases for the time being.

They are already giving us a lot of things we didn't have before.

Public greed, and the eagerness of addonmakers to please has been the undoing of many a mod.

But only if it is feasible for the team to look into, of course. At least if anything maybe a road to look into once the majority of things are finished...something more of an update thing? <thinking>

Exactly hence the above.  smile_o.gif

They have more than enough under their belt to work on. That is why--if anything--it would probably be something more for a future update feature once everything has been officially completed and released to the public and they have a bit of time to relax and enjoy the fruits of their loom...er um, labor first.  wink_o.gif

Otherwise, they'll be bogged down with so many things to do, they'll get burnt out. Something none of us P-RACS fans want at all.

well ch just released his abrams and T72 pack which the racs benifit alot of becuse they GET The m1 abrams  and uparmored T72.    Which lets see besides project racs TANks  that be  idk   5 tanks for the racs..  

M60a3 patton

T72. bis /and cH versions

M1a1 by DM

M1 abrams from CH pack

T90 sa from T90 pack...

LOoks like the racs are getting ALOt of fire power... im gona bet though the old abrams got the 105 mm gun.. they probbely got The software of the SEP from uncle sam     biggrin_o.gif

so i gusse its safe to safe RAcs  heavy armor deparments almost complete.    ACourse the SLA got fricken KA50 and KA52 and Mi24. RPG 7s and 29s picking em off..   why do the commies get all the good anti tank stuff   crazy_o.gif

WE might as well throw in anti tank guns

i just cant get why everyone keeps making red armor for the RACS. I can see maybee a few captured items being pressed into service but......

Personally i will not use any of the T72s or T90s. Scars09 is hard at work sorting out the turrets on the leos. otherwise they would be released already. Our M113 pack is held up right now as i added an m48 Chapparal launcher set to the mix. datakill is hard at work putting finiahing touches on the texture. After that the entire M113 pack will be complete. I know you guys are chomping at the bit for the armor and ground items but your gonna have to wait a lil longer....

We are using vilas weapons packs and possible a suplimental one by us if vilas cannto find the time for a couple extra weapons we need. I think the CarlGustav is more than an answer to the RPG. Ka52, Mi24......we have the Puma SOCAT, AH1Z, and a host of AT missile equipped little birds available to you soon.

Please stay tuned as i am trying to get out a massive update of all the aircraft before Christmas. I want to put them out all at once so nobody had to redownload all the addons one at a time over the weekend....

Thanks for all the support and understanding theat we are just a couple guys hammering away at this stuff. Honestly the fact that the majority of you guys can respect that keeps us motivated to keep working

oh one other thing crash form NZDF is offering us thier NDZLAV...... hoow you guys feel about that pistols.gif