Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

the MiG21s we have are more oriented towards interceptor(AA8), strike(Kh25), and CAS(FFAR and CBUs).....

The Mig23 carries the Kh29.....

The question is what aricraft shall we choose for anti shipping.....

I agree with Su-24..... Plus it gives me a lil more freedom to make bomber and strike versions as well....

i still woudl like to hear more feedback.....

I would really like to see a Su-24 in these three versions (anti ship, bomber, strike). Su-27 and Su-34 are too modern in my opinion.

The Su-27 is too modern in my opinion.

At least its 22 years longer in service than the Su-34. But i am assuming that you mean both.

Kh-41 Sunburn is made to sink Aircraftcarriers, would be cool to see it ingame, but its "one shot -> ship gone" situation.

Kh-31 would be a better choice. It can be fitted to more aircrafts and you will need more of them to make the ship sink in ArmA.

The only problem i am seeing atm is that ArmAs dammagesystem isnt made to handle big vehicles like your ships very good. The turrets can be disabled from a direct hit, might be possible to adapt that to other moving parts like the radars.

In view of Sahrani dimensions I think the best anti-ship plane for SLA would be not huge and long-range Su-24 but something like Su-17M4, MiG-27M/K or MiG-23-98 (upgraded MiG-23MLD variant, able to carry Kh-31 missiles). All these planes can carry Kh-29T missiles which can be easily used against either small or middle-class ships.

I do like to have a Fencer in game, if I had suggested the Mig 21 it's because it's a small versatile sturdy aircraft and it's modernised MiG-21-93 version is known to be able to  carry Kh-25MP (passive anti-radar) or Kh-31A (active radar anti-ship).

By the way, a Mig 21 with a Kh-25 / FFAR load out can be the standard SLA Ground/Sea Attack plane. Nobody will disassemble guidance system in order to see if it is a [NATO] AS10 Karen or a [NATO] AS12 Kegler wink_o.gif

Its ok if you take the Su-27 or the Su-33. Maybe some variants of the "bestseller" MiG-29 could be nice but imho RACS now have a real chance to fight+win against all other countries in air combat. wink_o.gif

I'd try and keep technology on both sides as low as possible. Giving either side really modern technology, especially in the form of aircraft, could mean a realisitic battle would be over pretty fast. Keeping the planes and weapons old school means there'll be more of a fight to be had. So my vote goes for whatever you have that's oldest but can still kill a ship.  tounge2.gif

... Of course, in speaking about Mig 21-23 and it's load out I was thinking about the game and it will be good to have a nice opponent/equivalent for Mirage III.

If you are thinking about a weapon system able to kill a boat in one shot or wounded a large vessel such as a carrier, of course SU-24 Fencer is a "must have", for the weapon system SU-24/Kh-29 is dangerous for any ground/naval target.

Only the help of a "brother country" can bring SLA Air Forces to use a SU-34/Kh-35 cruise missile.

biggrin_o.gif

well we can shoot the Kh29 frm the Mig23. (anyone know if it can adapt to the KAB500L?).... thats basically our "missile strike" aircraft above the Mig21s.

I was thinking the Su24 to offset the massive "strategic" heavy bombing abilities we gave the RSAF.

i would like the SLA to hve the ability to attack and destroy the RSN ships without any type of support. That will keep players from ramming them into the port at corozol and shelling anything into oblivion.......

Hey all

Im working on a new skin for SU-24 fencer

here is a little update on that

su24_2.jpg

cya

eddyD

Su-24 or mig 23 both a good choice.. Or what about su-17M4? Although I'm not too sure what its naval strike abilaty is like...

We skipped the Su-17\22 series as franze was working on a rather incredible one last i saw. No point in having 2 of the same addon in the game.....

we try to work closely with the other teams to prevent that...

Does this mean that you're dropping the M4 pack?

Those Paratroopers look nice, as do the tanks, although I feel the M113 variants and other AFVs will really give the landforces their unique character.

There should be much larger island rather than Sahrani for using all advantages of Su-24 smile_o.gif So again I think that some lighter aircrafts for both sides are needed. Maybe just some jet-trainers equipped with weapons (Hawk, L-39/159, MB-339 etc).

There should be much larger island rather than Sahrani for using all advantages of Su-24 smile_o.gif So again I think that some lighter aircrafts for both sides are needed. Maybe just some jet-trainers equipped with weapons (Hawk, L-39/159, MB-339 etc).

Got that covered for the RACS side, RKSL is creating a Hawk T1 for it.

Those Paratroopers look nice, as do the tanks, although I feel the M113 variants and other AFVs will really give the landforces their unique character.

we dont have an M-4 pack....

all our troops are equipped with g-3s, Hk rifles, and FALs

also anyone have any infortmation on the KAB500KR?

it looks like a giant hellfire.... ive googled the hel lout of it and cannot find any info....

also anyone have any infortmation on the KAB500KR?

it looks like a giant hellfire.... ive googled the hel lout of it and cannot find any info....

link1

link2

link3

Dont know if that is the info you are looking for, its what I was able to find with 5 seconds on google. wink_o.gif

It's an old community joke mate.

It's an old community joke mate.

LOL i feel like i just fell off the bananna boat....

as soon as i read your post i got it..... been hanging out with my blonde wife a lil too much today.... slowin me down!

hmm probbely the TU 22 blackfire "hey it worked in the sum of all fears  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-22M

I really would like a Tu-22.... I even have it converted already. the only issue i have with using it is the SLA do not have a propper airport. Maybee if we had Sahrani source files so i could add one to antigua...... but no tu-22 for now...