Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

I think you just dont seem to understand its pointless to make one plane with 2 bombs and then the same exact plane with 4 bombs instead.... why not just make one with 4.

no one bitched at southy when he released the french versions with 4 BGLs and 4 AS30Ls.....

I reckon for gameplay purposes it would be better to have the 4xAS30L or 4xBGL versions. Whichever versions you end up with in the end, chances are I'm gonna play around with them in missions anyway  wink_o.gif

thanks and i am sorry if my words came across a bit harsh. i really do enjoy the discussion of our addons. it has actually helped add and remove items from this project. We also want to make sure this doesnt turn into a flight sim mod as we have lots of other cool stuff and i dont want it all to be overshadowed. The ships are coming along so well and Scars09 is finishing the last couple issues witht he leos.

@Leitner.... there will be a jeep pack that is ont he drawing board covering just what you suggested as well as other versions and technicals.

Ok, thank!

speaking of jeeps I found Bobos OLD Racs HUMVEE reskin that look really good biggrin_o.gif

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1866

maybe project racs could with bobos permisson use these humvees. HEck maybe make a 105mm Rifle. and m240 versions. maybe even one with a carl gustav instead of a tow. be a nice little nasty suprise for Sla armor who think there just dealing with a Scout platoon. biggrin_o.gif

speaking of jeeps I found Bobos OLD Racs HUMVEE reskin that look really good  biggrin_o.gif    

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1866

maybe project racs could with bobos permisson use these humvees. HEck maybe make a 105mm Rifle.  and m240 versions. maybe even one with a carl gustav instead of a  tow. be a nice little nasty suprise for Sla armor who think there just dealing with a Scout platoon.  biggrin_o.gif

recoiless rifles fit on the land rovers too...... MUUUHHHAAAHAAA pistols.gifpistols.gif

and FA Dalai Lamar has a thing for them so im surprised we dont have motorcycles equipped with them....

Image23.jpg

Sahranis speak Esperanto; "Regna Armea Corpuso de

Sahrani" (the hard "C" is a Sahrani affectation - strictly it

should be Korpuso).

In reality it's a British colony and maintains a Royal Marines

naval party (NP 8801) who are responsible for training the

feckless, mincing, posturing, nancy-boy, Johnny-foreigner

floppys. The American connection is just a B.S. fiction to

appeal to the US computer game market.   nener.gif

And please get your history straight. The Sahrani islands

were "reclaimed" after the Crimean war by dint of the RM

ship's detachment of H.M.S. Bundook storming ashore, kicking

any pathetic foreign military off it and intimidating the locals

into becoming British. That was in early 1857.

Portugal had territorial designs on it but their crack invasion

force was kicked off in 1982 by a scratch task force

comprised of ACF, ACC and WRAC personnel.

thats a different twist......i like it

i know man i know Im just saying a good mix of landrovers and humvees Could kick the Sla sry BRDM and UAZ fleet ass. 24 7. yay.gif it would be nice to see the humvees in the ELITE king divison maybe. whistle.gif also blnds open and medical humvees maybe a good choice. biggrin_o.gif

The retexturing on mirage 2000 is done

here are some shots:

M2RSAF.jpg

M2RSAF_2.jpg

M2RSAF_3.jpg

have fun

eddyD

looks nice!

The plane could use some dirt on certain spots maybe

RKSL_HAWK_mk62_5.jpg

These aircraft are amazing in game, I especially love the Puma gunship!  biggrin_o.gif

How do I use the AS30L missiles in game?

Some of the planes still have the cockpit bug that was present in Footmunch's first F16 release.

Also, i'd suggest a bit of wear, dust or scratches over the Sahrani Airforce markings, they look a bit pasted on at the moment.

That really is rather nice.

Still waiting for those ground units first.

Some divs should get together and plan a Racs campaign with a strong narrative to give life to all of this stuff.

well since Majrunis released the RACS t90 in his t90 pack this is how i personaly see the armored forces line up.

sahrani conflict 2007/2009

M60a1 patton 252

m60a3 pattons 525

panzer leo 1. 321

Leo 2 a4. 152.

M60 2000. 20.

.... .

AFterwar. Possible ww3. timeline

M60 fleet totaly upgraded to M60 2000 standerds

434. estimating losses of 1 out of 4 pattons.

LEo 1 Retired from service. OR converted to Engineering vehicles.

LEo 2 320 possible A4 with A6 elertioncs. possibily bought more.

T72. 120. EX sla or bought from ex warsaw countries.

T90 SA. 150. Possibly From Unifacation of the sahrani island and armies or bought. from ex warsaw countries.

just my own little theroy biggrin_o.gif

some random WIP pics.....

Sailors.... still need alot of work.....

Sailors2.jpg

Ships.....

arma2008-10-2513-47-02-24.jpg

arma2008-10-2513-46-29-97.jpg

early workon paratroopers....

Paras2.jpg

The para need a little more of work, but they are in good way.

The sailors in the other hand... I know it's a WIP, but they look like more like civilians with weapons and/or militar equipment.

well really the naval guys should not need to look like anything more than that. The helmeted soldier is an assault soldier for a storming party or manning rhibs. the soldier with the vest and hat is the boarding party. and the soldier with rifle and flak vest is the deck crew to man guns. One more soldier will be added in the blue BDU with no vest and a hat as the regular sailor. The last guy is the admiral. They are VERY early WIP so once FA Dali Lamar is done with them the texture will be much inproved on the uniforms.

They look good, wouldn't expect the navy to have much more equipment than that anyway.

The sailors look good, but it can be nice if one of the two sailor have an helmet...

It will be worth considering sailors in full actions stations kit, helmets etc for use on the ships.

What you haev shown however is great for them situations such as boarding parties, and low risk actions.

If any threat posed against a ship they would done helmets etc

well really the naval guys should not need to look like anything more than that. The helmeted soldier is an assault soldier for a storming party or manning rhibs. the soldier with the vest and hat is the boarding party. and the soldier with rifle and flak vest is the deck crew to man guns. One more soldier will be added in the blue BDU with no vest and a hat as the regular sailor. The last guy is the admiral. They are VERY early WIP so once FA Dali Lamar is done with them the texture will be much inproved on the uniforms.

Yes but what about Marines? In the US the marines are a special Corps, another branch of the Navy, but in most of the countries are a part of the Navy, and they sail with the sailors in the boats.

I'm telling you this because I'm going to be a Marine.

well since Majrunis released the RACS t90 in his t90 pack this is how i personaly see the armored forces line up.

sahrani conflict 2007/2009

M60a1 patton  252

m60a3 pattons 525

panzer leo 1. 321

Leo 2 a4.  152.

M60 2000. 20.

.... .

AFterwar. Possible ww3. timeline

M60 fleet totaly upgraded to M60 2000 standerds  

434. estimating losses of  1 out of 4 pattons.

LEo 1 Retired from service.  OR converted to Engineering vehicles.

LEo 2 320 possible A4 with A6 elertioncs.  possibily bought more.

T72. 120. EX sla or bought from ex warsaw countries.

T90 SA. 150. Possibly From Unifacation of the sahrani island and armies or bought. from ex warsaw countries.

just my own little theroy  biggrin_o.gif

Erh.. just wondering

Where are you going to have room for all of those??

Sahrani is 400m2...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

M60's

41m2 x777

3187m2

-------

leo 1

32,15m2 x321

-------

leo 2

28,45m2 x152

-------

t72

24,74m2 x120

2968,8m2

---------

t90

45,55m2 x150

6832,5m2

27632,85m2

27,63285 square kilometers

1520 Tanks.

So thats roughly 14~15% of the island stacked with tanks side-by-side...

Then counting the crew.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

M60's

4 x777

3108 men

-------

leo 1

4 x321

1284 men4

-------

leo 2

4 x152

608 men

-------

t72

3 x120

360 men

---------

t90

3 x150

450 men

---------

Thats 5810 men. + logistics (not counted)

Sahrani location (BIS info)  39°57'0.00"N 40° 1'12.00"W then moving west to find whats close and might be a real Sahrani.

The island Azoren / Flores ( 39°25'19.03"N  31°11'21.00"W)

Area

-   Total 2,346 km² (n/a)

Population

-   2006 estimate 243,018 (n/a)

-   2001 census 241,763

-   Density 104/km² (n/a)

So i ask .. Where are you gonna put the vehicles. And is the whole population of Sahrani made of male soldiers?

wink_o.gif

You might need more realistic numbers smile_o.gif

BIKI Ref on sahrani forces

Yes but what about Marines? In the US the marines are a special Corps, another branch of the Navy, but in most of the countries are a part of the Navy, and they sail with the sailors in the boats.

I'm telling you this because I'm going to be a Marine.

well congatulations on becoming a marine....Im in the Army so i feel there is nothing special at all about the marines pistols.gifsmile_o.gif

our naval infantry will be completely separate from the sailors. yes they will have a full host of equipment. I only showed thise solders as they are the ones we made to man the ships. They will have completely different uniforms and equipment as the US maries do form the US navy.

there are more addons in the works.... .just thought i would show a few pics of whats ont he workspace lately.....

thanks for the interest

Eddie

Project RACS

That's not the mod speaking Raven don't worry. We, Project Racs, in particular me think theat there would be no more than 60-70 tanks total on the entire island North and South tops.... Both sides. We are not professing numbers at all, but just leaving it up to the fanbase and mission makers to decide. I totally agree those numbers are out of this world crazy hihg considering Georgia which is connected to lots of countries and a former soviet republic, had like 100 tanks and a population of millions. I originally thought RACS should have like 20 tanks period. My first plan was to make it primarily a wheeled APC army with a few outdated light and medium tanks.

Lamar

Ah cool

A number of 12 Leopard 1A5 DK woulden be unrealistic. (Denmark got 12 of em rotting on an airfield looking for someone who wants em) <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Google earth 56°18'36.27"N 10°36'1.99"E

Keep up the good work gang smile_o.gif

notworthy.gif

For me South Sahrani data can be:

Population: 800.000 inhabitants

0-15 = 150.000

16-60= 600.000

61-100= 50.000

Active Army Soldier: 11000 units.

Officials: 500 units

Infantry: 5000 units (Armored Corps: 1000 units, Light Aviation: 1500 Special Forces: 500)

Air Force: 1500 units (400 pilots + 500 mech + 300 Air Force Police (surveillance of the airbase) + 300 other role)

Navy: 2000 units (700 sailors + 500 naval infantry + 600 mechanics + 200 Navy Police (surveillance of the base and seaport)

Military Police: 1000 units (Gendarmeria)

Army Reserve: 190.000 units.

Standard Assault Rifle:

G3

Reserve force rifle: FN FAL or IMI Galil

Standard rifle for special forces: M4 and SPAS-12

Standard rifle for Navy units: M14 or FN FAL

Standard rifle for Air Force Units: G3

Standard smg for armored corps: Mp5 or Uzi

Standard machine gun: MG3

Standard pistol: Beretta 92FS/M9

Civil Force: 2000 units

Police: 1700 units

Police special force: 50 units

Border Guards: 250 units

Standard smg: Mp5 or Uzi

Standard pistol: Beretta 92FS

Armored Corps:

40 M60a1

30 M60a3

20 M60-2000

20 Leopard 1

20 Leopard 2a4

(United Sahrani have 100 T-72 for the reunification, this units are only for South Sahrani)

Light Amor and other veichle:

400 M113 in many variants

50 M163

1500 Land Rover (1300 for Army, 100 for Air Force, 100 for Navy)

300 Trucks (250 for Army, 25 for AF, 25 for Navy)

100 cars (for various use...)

Aircraft:

1 C-130

4 ATR-42 (Transport, AWACS and Navy Patrol)

1 Private Jet (Learjet 45 for example) for Vip transport.

20 F-16

30 Mirage III

25 Etanards

(15 Units for South Sahrani Navy - 10 Units for Air Force)

5 Bae Hawk as Trainer Aircraft

Helicopters:

64 SA330 (40 for Army, 9 for AF, 9 for Navy, 2 for Vips, 2 for Civil Police, 2 for Gendarmeria)

30 UH-60

10 SH-60 for the Navy

Gendarmeria (Military Police):

50 cars

10 bus

2 SA330

Civil Police:

400 cars + 20 bus + 20 m113 for riot.

Vips vehicle (King's transport):

2 SA330

10 cars

50 men of police and gendarmeria

1 Private Jet

Sorry if i've forget something...

I would reduce the number of people, Sahrani is full of small villagies than cities, and I don't know where they could store so many planes and tanks.

I chosed Marines over Army because they have better equipment, I never understood why the USMC are so praised