Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

i disagree in every point of your statements, but nevermind , it seems RACS project team is not willing to change the language and i don't want to extend this subject any longer, averyone will have his own theories.

@blue_flight , i don't have those issues with the mirage and etendards , they work fine for me

I think Royal Army Corps of Sahrani will be Cuerpo Real del Ejercito de Sahrani.

nop , "royal" is not referred to "corps" but to "Army" , so the literal translation would be : cuerpo del ejercito real de Sahrani , but this is a no realistic and a bad translation in spanish , so the correct translation would be something like : "Reales fuerzas Armadas de Sahrani"

No, you are right, it'd be: "Cuerpos del Ejercito Real de Sahrani" and it does make sense, look at RAF (Royal Air Forces): "Cuerpo Aereo Real". Maybe it doesn't sound too good in Spanish, but it's not a wrong sentence.

In any case, it would be better if you do all the work in English, apart form being less complicated, BIS screwed it with the translations from the start.

But if you need a translator, PM me.

The Aircraft issues we are aware of. Seems it happens to some people more than others. Thanks to some dedicated hard work by FA Dalai Lamar we have it soreted out and will be releasing an update soon. We want to try and make this the last update we make. The F-16 pack will include 2 new versions. A wild Weasel with HARM missiles and a heavy bomber with 12 Mk82 SnakeEye Retard bombs. M133 pack is suffering from some binarizing hiccups but will be sorted shortly i am sure. Leos ar ein Final stages. Just needs some mroe adjusting on the memory points fo rthe commanders gun and they are complete.

The issue with the SOCAT Puma not using the FFARs FA Dalai Lamar has tried everything under the sun to solve that issue. We hoped by releasing it the community would be able to spot what we are missing onthat one.

We are workign diligently on this pack. Seems our success as of late has motivated us to really dig in and tolerate teh bitching form our wives and work on our stuff....

stay tuned fellas.... we are contantly working!

Eddie

Project RACS

little update on a new plane for racs team

the mirage 2000C , retexture by me

still need work on , here some screenshots

M2000C_2.jpg

M2000C.jpg

cya

eddyD

Now that looks good eddyD oustanding work as usual.

Sweet looking aircraft yay.gif

One more modern fighter for RSAF to dominate the skies over Sahrani with. Looking forward to playing around with it biggrin_o.gif

ok fellas lets hear loadout request for mirage 2000

here is what we are looking at so far:

Mirage 2000C

Interceptor -6 magic AAM

Attack - 4 AS30L

Mirage 2000D

4 BGL Laser guided bombs

4 mk84 2000lb iron bombs

I would swap the free fall bombs on the D with the AS30L on the C...

C version are solely CAP aircrafts. But pretty much any aircraft can drop free fall bombs. (French air force is actually planning on training C pilots to basic air attack missions).

Anyways C version was never wired to fire AS30L.

D were.

biggrin_o.gif nice Very very nice I like to see the racs be able to stand a chance against those evil SU27s 30s 33s & 47.

any news on the armor. I desprately want to compare the combat capabillties of the uparmored leo 1s and patton tanks against bigmikes Up armored t72s t80s and t90s

Hmm who would win in a fight. T90 S or RACS M60 2000

Mirage 2000C

Interceptor -6 magic AAM

Attack - 4 AS30L

Mirage 2000D

4 BGL Laser guided bombs

4 mk84 2000lb iron bombs

For the C:

It has radar I presume so give it some radar guided missiles. Super 530Ds perhaps?

- 4x Magic+ a Centreline tank

- 2x Magic, 2x Super 530D + a Centreline tank

For the D:

Maybe something smaller than 2000lb bombs as well?

Swap the AS30L onto the D and only use 2 of them instead of 4.

- 2x BGL on the centreline (1000lb), a pair of tanks on the inboard pylons and a pair of Magics one the outer pylons

- 4x BGL (2000 or 100lb?) on the inner and fuselage pylons, a centreline tank and a pair of magics on the outer pylons

just thoughts...

Mirage 2000C

Interceptor -6 magic AAM

Attack - 4 AS30L

Mirage 2000D

4 BGL Laser guided bombs

4 mk84 2000lb iron bombs

For the C:

It has radar I presume so give it some radar guided missiles. Super 530Ds perhaps?

- 4x Magic+ a Centreline tank

- 2x Magic, 2x Super 530D + a Centreline tank

For the D:

Maybe something smaller than 2000lb bombs as well?

Swap the AS30L onto the D and only use 2 of them instead of 4.

- 2x BGL on the centreline (1000lb), a pair of tanks on the inboard pylons and a pair of Magics one the outer pylons

- 4x BGL (2000 or 100lb?) on the inner and fuselage pylons, a centreline tank and a pair of magics on the outer pylons

just thoughts...

Good suggestions, helping_hand.

But these are all multi weapon load-outs and would have to be scripted. I´m all for it but i don´t know if the RACS team wants that confused_o.gif

Maybe Southy could give some help?

Was not aware the C version was only interceptor..... well that makes things easier. I have magics and a model of a super 530 ive been wantign to use forever.

D version will basically have all strike weapons.

right now i am looking at

4 x AS530L

4 x 1000lb BGL laser guided bombs

Anyone have any knowledge of what a typical free fall bomb loadout would be? Any documentation would be a great help. Seems i have been finding some difficulty in getting detailed descriptions of what is really put on the D version of the plane.

there are so many moving pieces to this mod right now......ConnorBrown sent me some photos of the ships in process now. They are closer to release than i thought. Should be with beta testers within the next few days!

Original models by CBFASI for the 1982 Flashpoint in the falklands mod.

arma2008-10-2513-15-35-88.jpg

arma2008-10-2513-46-46-17.jpg

arma2008-10-2513-47-02-24.jpg

arma2008-10-2513-18-28-21.jpg

Was not aware the C version was only interceptor..... well that makes things easier. I have magics and a model of a super 530 ive been wantign to use forever.

4 x AS530L

Anyone have any knowledge of what a typical free fall bomb loadout would be? Any documentation would be a great help. Seems i have been finding some difficulty in getting detailed descriptions of what is really put on the D version of the plane.

Quote[/b] ]Two 520 kg (1,146 lb) AS 30L

Why 4 AS 30Ls? As far as I am aware they can only carry 2?

Click Read that.

Loadouts probably depend upon the mission at hand, if you aren't going to need 12 bombs don't take 12 bombs to the target and only use 2...

4 x AS530L

Quote[/b] ]Two 520 kg (1,146 lb) AS 30L

Why 4 AS 30Ls?  As far as I am aware they can only carry 2?

Click Read that.

Loadouts probably depend upon the mission at hand, if you aren't going to need 12 bombs don't take 12 bombs to the target and only use 2...

because i can not relaistically predict your mission...... and why have 30 versions of the same aircraft..... 2 bombs 8 bombs 12 bombs..... why not have loaded versions carrying weapons to thier max capability....

I am sure the sharani government would not complain you brought a couple unused bombs back to the airfield to be used on the next mission.

You don't have to have 30 versions of the same aircraft... Nor do you have to max each pylon out for each loadout.

I think I'm going to just stop giving any feedback in this thread, whatever I say gets bitched at or ignored. Good evening.

You don't have to have 30 versions of the same aircraft... Nor do you have to max each pylon out for each loadout.

I think I'm going to just stop giving any feedback in this thread, whatever I say gets bitched at or ignored. Good evening.

yes , i know what you mean

I think what he meant is that:

If you want to have a 2000 D with 4 bombs and one with only 2 bombs, then you need to create two units... and two units will appear in the editor.

I am sure he is aware that (french) air force flew the 2000 D with only 2 AS30L max... that is because the mirage would probably not fly far if it took 4 missiles. (Most if not all 2000 D in French air force fly with two extra fuel tanks hence no room for 4 AS30)

Now, taking into consideration the game and engine limitation, and the pain it would be for the modder, but also for the user to create (or pick) between a dozen version of Mirage 2000, what wld427 is planning to do makes sense. It may not be the most realistic thing... to French standard, but remember Sahrani is very small anyways... So more weapons in state of more fuel does make sense.

I guess in the end, it depends on wether you are aiming at something 100% realistic or aiming for gameplay... or a balance between the two.

yes , i know what you mean

i have been more than apt to cradle the requests.

I think you just dont seem to understand its pointless to make one plane with 2 bombs and then the same exact plane with 4 bombs instead.... why not just make one with 4.

no one bitched at southy when he released the french versions with 4 BGLs and 4 AS30Ls.....

I think that can be nice to create a jeep (the default Land Rover it's perfect) for the Royal Sahrani Air Force and of the Royan Navy of Sahrani... These jeep can be useful for put them in the Air Force - Navy Base... Another nice idea can be to create two soldier, one with the camo of the RSAF and one with the camo of the RSN...

I think that these ideas don't take a long time for do but i think that they can be useful...

I think you just dont seem to understand its pointless to make one plane with 2 bombs and then the same exact plane with 4 bombs instead.... why not just make one with 4.

no one bitched at southy when he released the french versions with 4 BGLs and 4 AS30Ls.....

I reckon for gameplay purposes it would be better to have the 4xAS30L or 4xBGL versions. Whichever versions you end up with in the end, chances are I'm gonna play around with them in missions anyway  wink_o.gif

I reckon for gameplay purposes it would be better to have the 4xAS30L or 4xBGL versions. Whichever versions you end up with in the end, chances are I'm gonna play around with them in missions anyway  wink_o.gif

thanks and i am sorry if my words came across a bit harsh. i really do enjoy the discussion of our addons. it has actually helped add and remove items from this project. We also want to make sure this doesnt turn into a flight sim mod as we have lots of other cool stuff and i dont want it all to be overshadowed. The ships are coming along so well and Scars09 is finishing the last couple issues witht he leos.

@Leitner.... there will be a jeep pack that is ont he drawing board covering just what you suggested as well as other versions and technicals.