Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

m113a2sah.jpg

A2 pushed to FTP , link on private, but help me with hatches, you have so much of my stuff already :P

answering to someone few sites before - Yes, LAV25 is released, soon will be updated (Bradley , LEO released too)

Plus again the variety of the eqipment up and down the ranks again will allow the mission maker to tailer what he wants the RACS to be. ......wich has always been our ultimate goal!

I understand your point about that Mirage 2000, Wld427.

But as you wroted in that quote - i like the fact that every player could choice about what the RACS will be or can be, since it´s a fictional army.

So, theoretically it can have everything, from the oldest to the newest equipment. It could even have some soviet equipment because it could be vehicles from the SLA, left over in a battle and RACS decided to use them.

That´s what i like the most about that project.

Besides, the Mirage 2000C and F-16C both are used by the UAE and Hellenic Air Force, so it could also be plausible by real world facts to use it.

But of course it´s up to you and i am very thankful for every release you guys do.

In the end it´s also the question what you want to do and if you could imagine that this or that addon would be fun to have in RACS.

How about some ideas now?

- AH-1Z Gunship

Would it be possible to have a tank killer version with 16 hellfires? How about an AIM-9 on the wingtips?

- F-16 C Falcon

I would really like to have a conventional iron bombs layout, with MK-82s or MK-84s.

Also did you consider to make multi weapon layouts, like the actual tank killer version but with wingtip AIM-9s?

What about the use of Lehtals plane FX?

- AV-8B Harrier II

What about a Harrier for the RACS? Could be used by the RSAF as a direct VTOL aircraft as well as a Sea Harrier version for the

RSN. Possible base BIS ArmA Harrier or Col. Klinks OFP Sea Harrier FRS.1

- AH-60 L DAP

Do you remember the BAS AH-60L for OFP?

Perhaps it could be interesting to have an upgunned version for the RACS. Red made a MH-60L Blackhawk, perhaps you could use it as a base. Armament could be ranging from 4 pod hellfire to Hydras or Miniguns or 20mm cannon.

Imagine this with that perfect looking EddyD retexture shown at the beginning of the thread

inlove.gif

So much for now, i hope i haven´t overstressed it now but i´m really excited about this project smile_o.gif

I would like to see more of this customized or mixed stuff - "developed by RACS/Independend". Gives imho bit more feeling of a third side & their armed force. Go on with this great project!! smile_o.gif

Shouldn't the RACS be supplied with older equipment? As they're only a small island, I doubt they'd want to buy newer models instead of keeping the old surplus equipment. Instead of the M9, they get M1911s? AH-1Gs instead of AH-1Z (Well, maybe a bit too early)? MUTTs instead of HMMWVs?

Well you guys will have soem home brewed equipment. From our FSV vehicles and we are making a couple oddball versions of the Fuchs sich as a version with a rapier and possibly a gun turret.

F-16 with iron bombs... no problem. What loadout would you like to see? As far as the multi mission stuff ... we are limited by armas 1 proxy problem and we do not like to use scripting af any kind (except the afterburner) we are stuck with single weapon loadouts.

No harrier or UH60 other than the RSAF UH-60 Special operations chopper. it will be turned into a MH60. we have alot of really kick ass versions of the puma to add in.

The AH-1Z is the AH-1Z cause we really have nothing else. thought about maybee the eurocopter tiger but its just not widely proliferated int he numbers that would make us think the RACS would be able to have any. at least not yet anyway. Our AH1Z has wing tip stingers. Any other gaps will be filled by the MD500 and the other lil birds.

How about a Gazelle chopper? It can be armed with anti tank missiles and other weapons. I think the french even put some air to air missiles on it.

I think it is called Sa-341 gazelle.

How about a Gazelle chopper? It can be armed with anti tank missiles and other weapons. I think the french even put some air to air missiles on it.

I think it is called Sa-341 gazelle.

again we are limited to the models available to us. Right now ther eis not an acceptabel gazelle out there.

We have alouettes too and it hink that will be it for choppers for a while.

also are there any other requests for a loadout change ont eh f-16? i want t to try and make this the last release fo the F-16..... so ther eis no version 6.8992Tango3 like some other packs out there. That way we can keep us all on the same page.

thanks

Eddie

Project RACS

Oh okay i get it.

How about cluster bombs on the F-16? I know the Israeli guys have some on their F-16's.

All in all looks good would u guys be makeing changes to the units as well? They would be nice to have some uptodate RACS units in this ArmA game wink_o.gif

hmmm F16

Can ya fit all this all into the royal arsenal

http://www.janhas.net/WeaponsPage/Blue_Air_Weapons_v2.JPG

id like to see a muti role version of the F16 afterall thats its job

also are ya guys still putting in the F4 & a4 fighters. F4 could serve as a Secondary intercetpor /fighter bomber/ wild weasal for the racs. Not to meantion "Who cant Ressit Droping """NALPAM""" on some SLa commies. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Shouldn't the RACS be supplied with older equipment? As they're only a small island, I doubt they'd want to buy newer models instead of keeping the old surplus equipment. Instead of the M9, they get M1911s? AH-1Gs instead of AH-1Z (Well, maybe a bit too early)? MUTTs instead of HMMWVs?

Many countries do that they keep there old stuff BUT they buy some very new tanks or choppers too. Even the german army still got tanks 30 years old or the old BO-105P in duty, but on the other hand they buy a few Tigers because they do not have so much money like the us guys do biggrin_o.gif

so i think this is pretty good what you guys do!

put in a Tiger and a huey and i love you tounge2.gifinlove.gif

hmmm F16

Can ya fit all this all into the royal arsenal

http://www.janhas.net/WeaponsPage/Blue_Air_Weapons_v2.JPG

id like to see a muti role version of the F16 afterall thats its job

also are ya guys still putting in the F4 & a4 fighters.  F4 could serve as a Secondary intercetpor /fighter bomber/ wild weasal for the racs.  Not to meantion "Who cant Ressit Droping """NALPAM""" on some SLa commies. biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

ive said it over and over.... no rockeyes or napalm. Its just way to script intensive. (although i would love to have both of them).

Right now i have added a wild weasel version with HARM missiles and a version with some really cool retard fin deploying snakeyes.... 12 of em.

Now i think this pretty much covers everything.

maybee eventually we can script the missiles on it but that will come on the back side of this project. Right now we really need to focus on finishing the helicopters and tanks.

we will worry about what to put on the F-4 when we get there. I still need someone that can help make RVMATs. FA Dalai Lamar is having less and less time to work on this project due to real life. So if anyone wants to help our and get some of the burden off him please let me know. otherwice its still going to be a while on the F-4. its a back burner project so dont expect anything soon.

I want to get some more releases out this weekend and possibly the F-16 pack updated

any more REALISTIC loadout requests?

Not strictly realistic - but something with rocket pods on every hardpoint would be terribly fun, and rather hair raising for anyone being engaged on the ground.

Indiscriminate fires FTW.

YiggiediYagg!

I´m so excited,

and I just can´t hide it^^ yay.gif

Would love to play with your new toys on that weekend...

wish you all the best smile_o.gif .

Would it be possible to have one AGM-65, two guided bombs and two fuel tanks, or do you need a bunch of scripts to get that to work? I have seen that load on an F-16. Oh yeah + one AIM-120 at each wingtip.

Would it be possible to have one AGM-65, two guided bombs and two fuel tanks, or do you need a bunch of scripts to get that to work? I have seen that load on an F-16. Oh yeah + one AIM-120 at each wingtip.

yeah that will require a butt load of scripting...

i reallyr eally really wish BIS would have fixed that with one of the patches but we are still limited to one proxy

Not strictly realistic - but something with rocket pods on every hardpoint would be terribly fun, and rather hair raising for anyone being engaged on the ground.

Indiscriminate fires FTW.

I think it would be interesting to have older, almost vietnam era attack helicopters for the RACS, at least with the whole concept of as many FFARs as you can get. guided munitions are rather expensive.

Any plans on modifying the infantry too? Woodland BDU units maybe?

Just search the word INFARTY and find Wldz's post around this thread, then wonder around. wink_o.gif

After the RACS team decided not to use the Mirage 2000C i thought why don´t try it for myself and here is what i have come up with:

M2000RACS1.jpg

M2000RACS2.jpg

It´s my first retexture ever so it´s far below the quality of EddyD skins or from the rest of the team.

Perhaps i could be of a bit help for the team or the addon could be interesting?

I like it  smile_o.gif

at the very least if you send me the textures I'll include it in the next beta release.

But I think like the mod team say, they have the airforce pretty much covered.

Not to says 2/3 Mirage 2000 weren't on the island for testing  smile_o.gif

Southy

Guest RKSL-Rock
Just search the word INFARTY and find Wldz's post around this thread, then wonder around.  wink_o.gif

infarty!?   crazy_o.gif

I guess they've "bean" of the burger and beans ration packs then rofl.gif

After the RACS team decided not to use the Mirage 2000C i thought why don´t try it for myself and here is what i have come up with:

smile_o.gif Would be great to see.