Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

@WLD427: you asked about putting stuff on the M113s and I'd say: yes, please! most tank addons look like they just came out of the factory, but when I look at pictures of tanks on the battlefield, they usually are packed full with all kinds of stuff.

keep up the good work guys!

I'd like to see some stuff on the m113's too, but not supersized Bis bags etc. But more like something these addons have : screen

agreed put some gear on the 113s make em look like there been used

also for the Leo 1 ya may want to do what the canadains did with theres. up armorering them for afganistan  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Leopard_C2_Canadian_Forces.jpg

http://www.haaland.info/leopard1/world/canadaextreme.jpg

looks like a simple block protection kit. should be simple to make and texture.   smile_o.gif

That are some nice looking Leopards! Looks a bit like IDF equipment with that armor on it.

updated F16 with that ugly texture bug fixed... New bomber version of Mirage 3 witha kick ass DEFA 552 Cannon cooded up by FA Dalai Lamar out over on the release forum!

Armor is in final stages fellas ... just fixing up a few monor things found by the beta testers...

will also get some pics up of the LAVs too they are coming down the pipe quickly!

woot armor finaly the RAcs moterpool would be equvilent enough to take on the MASS horde of russian / sla t72s t80s T90s and btr And bmps .

"speaking of which is the leo 1 gona have some sort of armor kit.

will also get some pics up of the LAVs too they are coming down the pipe quickly!

Yeeeeees finally there will be some LAVs in Arma biggrin_o.gif what kind of will they be?

* LAV-25

or

* LAV-III

or

* LAV TOW huh.gif

Well our Lavs will be Lav-150 and Lav-100...sorry bro. But i will say they are friggin beautiful though as they are from the Vilas Vibi pack. However so as you are not completely disappointed the afor mentioned pack does have Lav-25s in it. LAV has come to mean the LAV-III and LAV-25 but in fact it is just an American designation for any Light Armored Vehicle. We will have right now a 90mm antitank version a 25 mm version and a MG/mk19 version I believe. We had an AA version with missiles but now we have moved that to a Fuchs AA vehicle with rapier (we know this does not exist but is a beleivable retrofit by a resourceful indigenous military) There migh be a Tow version of the LAV -150 as well.

Lamar

Well our Lavs will be Lav-150 and Lav-100...sorry bro. But i will say they are friggin beautiful though as they are from the Vilas Vibi pack. However so as you are not completely disappointed the afor mentioned pack does have Lav-25s in it.

ähhh where is this pack available for Arma???

I'd like to notify you guys that the LAV-100, LAV-150, LAV-25, and LAV-III are very different vehicles.

The LAV-100 and LAV-150 are known as the V-100 Commando Series, while the LAV-25 and LAV-III are based of the Mowag Piranha.  

LAV-25 Pic

LAV-25 Info

V-150 Pic

V-100 Info

I'd like to notify you guys that the LAV-100, LAV-150, LAV-25, and LAV-III are very different vehicles.

The LAV-100 and LAV-150 are known as the V-100 Commando Series, while the LAV-25 and LAV-III are based of the Mowag Piranha.  

LAV-25 Pic

LAV-25 Info

V-150 Pic

V-100 Info

we are quite aware of that and we are building the Vilas sourced V-100\V-150 series.

QUESTION:

to smoke script or not to smoke script, that is the question.

Woudl you guys like to see the smoke script attached to the tanks equipped with smoke dischargers? It really brings frame rate to a halt but it looks cool....

just want to know..... lplease chime in with how you feel

I agree with para trooper, the recently released flying boats would be good for the RACS maritime fleet.............

Any soft skins planned?

Those Beta' Czech WMIK type landrovers would fit in well enough if fitted with Western kit.

i just have one little suggestion with the racs having m60 2000s and uparmored m60s and leo 1s wat the sla gona get. cheep t62s or better uparmored t55s lol

Well SLA does not share the oil wealth of RACS. My working theory about the South vs the North is that the RACS forces enjoy a technological advantage over the North but not a numerical advantage. Nobody says RACS has divisions of these modern tanks. I see the SLA as having more tanks and older Soviet era weaponry to swarm the RACS lines much like the Soviet strategy. As far as SLA Armor....the SLA was far more complete already. The Addon GOD Rygugu is making a wonderful t55 that we may modify if he is so obliged, but i suspect he will do several versions and thus we will have no need. We have added SLA armor, but more along the lines of APCS with anti Armor capability and light vehicles. I have been totally preoccupied with real life and our terrible economy to finish my UAZ and BTR-152 pack but there will be an SPG-9 and AT5 UAZ for sure (they are actually done for the most part). There will also be a new BTR-80 which is close to being on the work bench as soon as we push our RACS Armor off. Never fear we have considered the SLA balance.

Laamr

we really will not have a wealth of SLA stuff....although we will not forget them. there is ALOT of eastern addons out there already. Vilas pack, russian armor pack, t90s, t72s, T64s, and so on and so forth. Out project is Project RACS. we intend to make the Royal Sahrani Army an independant, self sustaining military. The balance of power truly resides in alot of the addons that are out there from the community. For our SLA section it will be just to fill the gaps where they are negligent.

even with the techy stuff most of the royal sahrani armored forces are comprised of Uparmoed m60 pattons and uparmored leopord 1 tanks. while there is limted amount of leo 2s

the patton 2000 maybe a Upgrade program which is barly just starting.  i think since the whole sahrani conflict starts in 07/08  that the Racs 2000s were meant to upgrade its ageing M60 fleet agaisnt the sla tank threat but was a little late. but after the war the majority of royal armored corps pattons are upgraded to 2000 standerds by 2014 perhaps. ??

just my personal theroy....

even with the techy stuff most of the royal sahrani armored forces are comprised of Uparmoed m60 pattons and uparmored  leopord 1 tanks. while there is limted amount of leo 2s

the patton 2000 maybe a Upgrade program which is barly just starting.  i think since the whole sahrani conflict starts in 07/08  that the Racs 2000s were meant to upgrade its ageing M60 fleet agaisnt the sla tank threat but was a little late. but after the war the majority of royal armored corps pattons are upgraded to 2000 standerds by 2014 perhaps. ??

just my personal theroy....

thats really the concept we were thinking when we went with the F-16s, Kinda like the situation Georgia was in where they were upgrading to NATO standards but had not yet been made a member.

Plus again the variety of the eqipment up and down the ranks again will allow the mission maker to tailer what he wants the RACS to be. ......wich has always been our ultimate goal!

i see. speaking of which any chance of any of the armor been released this weekend. " just asking not darring to push ya guys since ya all got real life jobs like i do biggrin_o.gif . plus any chance on the screen shots of leo 1. I kinda fond of the uparmored version it damn looks sexier then a patton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Leopard_C2_Canadian_Forces.jpg

also there suposdily Leo 1s i think a5 model that got the leo 2s 120 mm gun

Well as you can see the texture still needs some work. but i fainally have the config mostly ironed out. I will delay the release of the M60-2000 wich is complete so i can include the Leos all in one tank pack.

I doubt a weekend release is realistic but please be patient as we are getting very close. I prefer to release it rather complete and as bug free as possible. we here at project RACS prefer to make good addons ont he first release. So as we are not releasing V5.8998777Foxtrot like sme other packs out there.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank Vilas. He has been one of the biggiest supporters of our mod from the word go. He sent me the Leos with out even asking if i wanted them. He knew i would and shared them with us. That is the measure of a true class act and asset to the community.

Photo1-6.jpg

wootness those leopard 1s look damn sexy besides the coat the textures. Are ya guys gona make a uparmored version of the LEo 1 like the canadians did to there Leo 1 c2s adding reactive armor blocks onto the turrent and frontal sections of the hual ? whistle.gif

the 1A5 will be as up-armored as you will get. the only changes you will see form that is i need to change out the MG3 with a M240 and maybee add some gear to it.

Godhammer will lend his weathering expertise to the texture you see there and i need to turn down the brightness of the RVMAT