Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

a little upadate for you all on the etenard....did all the RVMATS, damage, added an HUD (trying to figure out the animation for it), a stick (lined up the proxie to actually hold it (gota animate that too) and some other junk very close to complete on this bird...we are rolling right along.....Navy pics coming soon! I think you all will be very pleased with all the stuff we got planned!

DALAI LAMAR biggrin_o.gif

Pics of the etenard (plus a few bonus shots of things I cooked up to add to the pack SLA MILICIA (they will not have vests in real release) and a Landrover with 106mm Recoiless....don't worry early work...making a more realistic mount)

IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg196/Dalai_Lamar/etenard.jpg[/img]

etenarddamage.jpg

ETENARDPIT.jpg

etenardbeuty.jpg

Milicia.jpg

RecoilessLandRover.jpg

Cool smile_o.gif

Those militia remind me slightly of the Partisans in Queen's Gambit.

haha nice stuff! Are recoiless rifles that big? biggrin_o.gif

Love the stuff you guys make, keep 'em drool pics coming!

um a recoiless rifle. i see must be for the reserves /national guard. The fighter though... NICE smile_o.gif i also noticed that rksl guy gots a pic of HAwk trainers. are those gona be part of the pack. wow_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
 i also noticed that rksl guy gots a pic of HAwk trainers. are those gona be part of the pack.   wow_o.gif

No

awsome stuff!!! (note; note shouting)

love the 106 rc biggrin_o.gif

Just to make clear......

We are in no way affiliated with RSKL or the HWM mod.

thanks

Eddie

It is awesome to see how fast you make progress guys, just awesome. What armament does the chinook have? maybe PK's on some windows or on the cargo hatch, or maybe some m134? icon_rolleyes.gif Would be awesome if you guys would make the infarty bit more different from the US army. Add a custom camouflage pattern maybe? we all know that sahrani has only a little, but worthful desert, but they still should have a camo, that would fit both situations. like US has the MARPAT and MULTICAM. they both fit desert and woodland. also RACS could use US m-1 helmets. that would look intresting aswell. and weapons for infarty? maybe some not too familiar guns. like Rk-62 or -95. Or maybe G-3 series? Up to you fellas! smile_o.gif

Just love what you guys are doing for us.

Thanks inlove.gif

oh man i cant wait to get my hands on these things. when testing starts.. Which if i rember correctly from a earlier post i volunteerd  smile_o.gif .. not trying to rub it in ..

suggestions.

since the sla may end up get the SU25 or its newer version the SU39.  maybe as a short stop to the A10 the racs get A1 Skyraiders.

A-1Skyraider_2.jpg

i know ya maybe thinking.. "thats nothing but junk". but it is even today a good airsuport craft. maybe the racs get a upgraded version with new engine maybe turbo proped @ ecm equipment. @ possible 2 seater for guided bombs.. .though there have been combat situations that A1s out did mig fighters.    

as seen in this youtube vid of dogfights

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=njwtQAonthg" target="_blank">

http://youtube.com/watch?v=njwtQAonthg[/url]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvrdNUuTHMU&NR=1

It is awesome to see how fast you make progress guys, just awesome. What armament does the chinook have? maybe PK's on some windows or on the cargo hatch, or maybe some m134?  icon_rolleyes.gif  Would be awesome if you guys would make the infarty bit more different from the US army. Add a custom camouflage pattern maybe? we all know that sahrani has only a little, but worthful desert, but they still should have a camo, that would fit both situations. like US has the MARPAT and MULTICAM. they both fit desert and woodland. also RACS could use US m-1 helmets. that would look intresting aswell. and weapons for infarty? maybe some not too familiar guns. like Rk-62 or -95. Or maybe G-3 series? Up to you fellas!  smile_o.gif

Just love what you guys are doing for us.

Thanks  inlove.gif

You mean ACU and multicam, MARPAT currently comes in two flavours, woodland or desert. ACU is the camoflage you can use in either terrain.

Just to give yall a hint...there will atually be 2 or 3 camo patterns for racs....Kings Division will definitely get their own...the regula army will have one very similar to the current Italian Desert uniform (I already Made it) and the reserves will probably have their own too....Tha remains up to discussion though. the reserves will not have kevlar helmets they will have M1s, everyone else will have the current in game helmet except spec ops guys which will have a different helmet. When I get done coding our choppers i will get working on our troops.

Lamar

i think one of the favourite aircraft of third world countries is the swiss made

Pilatus PC-9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilatus_PC-9

A prop plane is much cheaper to maintain and support. There's afaik no model of it in ArmA, but it's an example that prop driven combat planes are not obsolete at all.

The skyraider is actually being considered by us. Its really a toss up between the skyraider, Pucara, and Bronco. We have alot of other addons going on before we need to worry about that yet.

The infantry will have a real nice cammo made by Lamar. Its quite similar to the multi cam. Reserves will eiter be a solid green or tan unifoem. Still working that issue. Weapons will be mixed. Alot of small nations like Sahrani recieve support from many different nations. You will see a good mix of FALs, G3s, M-16/M-4 series. Also be several specialized weapons for sepecial units. For example you will see a soldier in dress uniform with an m-14 or a wood FAL.

Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately the mod will slow a lil. Our only coder will off for about a mont on buisness. Unless we have someone else join up we will hit a bit of a speed bump. If anyone is interested in helping out (i know we have mentioned this a hundred times) please PM me.

Thanks

Eddie

Mirage III

arma2008-06-2817-54-22-12.jpg

arma2008-06-2817-54-08-45.jpg

MiG-21

ArmA2008-06-2818-47-31-18.jpg

Eddie

You mean ACU and multicam, MARPAT currently comes in two flavours, woodland or desert. ACU is the camoflage you can use in either terrain.

no, I wasnt telling enough I see smile_o.gif. I think, that Woodland MARPAT, ( I own a copy of it) fits both pretty well, Woodland (made for it) and desert (not made for it, but because it has the bottom color or coyote brown, it kinda fits desert too. smile_o.gif

Can we see more pics of the chinook, please?

EDIT: I found some old BOS-mod materials from my old PC, a RACS mi-17 http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&id=107 PM me if intrested smile_o.gif

ah man IM Now drooling for this addon pack i cant wait to test em out. DEfentinly the Racs airforce well what ya guys have so far looks great. smile_o.gif

Little update on mig-21 with a new wip skin

MIG_21.jpg

Looking very good! biggrin_o.gif

Are the textures made from scratch or taken from photos?

@VXR

from scratch like this one and most of the planes smile_o.gif

Sweet textures there EddyD Keep it up, will be great to have the beuties in the Skies of sahrani

Is there any ETA for the first addon pack to be out? That seabed looks awesome eddy. thumbs-up.gif

Is there any ETA for the first addon pack to be out? That seabed looks awesome eddy.  thumbs-up.gif
Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately the mod will slow a lil. Our only coder will off for about a mont on buisness. Unless we have someone else join up we will hit a bit of a speed bump. If anyone is interested in helping out (i know we have mentioned this a hundred times) please PM me.

Thanks

Eddie

And since EddyD works on other things than just Project RACS stuff he needs a lil break too. I will be on vacation thru th end fo the weekend, and Lamar will be out for almost a month. We ant to provide you with the best bug-free content from us. Therefore it will be ready when its ready......

But an Alpha may not be tooo far off..............

nice Racs team nice. so when do ya need alpha testers im ready to rock and roll...unless this stuff needs QG

I think it would be best if one of the RACS infantry units didn't wear camo...more like a one-color olive drab type uniform, but still modern looking, would be awesome.