Sign in to follow this  
wld427

Project RACS

Snakeman i would love to get working together but i would prefer to use this forum. I looked all over that PMC forum and could not find a link to register for it anywhere...

These are the same models i do believe that you use for the VTE stuff. So definatley some cooperation would be beneficial to both of us. Please get in contact with me here or PM me with a link to the registration of the PMC forum.

Thanks

Eddie

The RKSL Hawk will also have a RACS camo, based on the same color and pattern you have made which looks great!

I have a nice roundel for you if you like.. Download

Might want to change the RSAF though, as it stands for the Royal Saudi Air Force. biggrin_o.gif

RAFS would be a option, Royal Airforce Sahrani

Might want to change the RSAF though, as it stands for the Royal Saudi Air Force.  biggrin_o.gif

could also count for Royal Singapore Airforce, or several others....for now we will stick woth Royal Sahrani Airforce

here is the roundel we are using. FA Dalai Lamar came up with this one and i edited it a lil. its a basic roundel witht he Lion. We left out the oak leaves as it seems to make it look rather cluttered. I uploaded our roundel for download, see link at bottom.

RSAFRoundel.jpg

Here is a link to the roundel

http://www.savefile.com/files/1607929

@wld427

Awesome work mate really nice to see RACs getting some of their own kit. Really like the idea that you are thinking of 1st world hand me downs etc

Here are a few suggestions that you might consider

Helicopters - Alouettes & Puma as transport helicopters the Bushwar Mod has down an awesome job on these two and would fit nicely in the RACs in terms of "western handout hand downs

Transport Planes - What about the DC3 as this aircraft would definetly been handed down and would often be the back bone of the RAC's Para's

C130 would be cool however be used for heavy logistics (bug supply drops

along with those jets you have would really make a good RACs airforce

This would certainly bring a more realistc balance in terms of equipment compared with the sla equipment

In terms of artillery - eight pounders and

anyway just few suggestions

be good to set up an order of battle

Maybe even a few of the community members could design some Regimental Historys to along the order of battle

Anyway mate keep up the good work and look forwards to your updates and releases

Cheers

thanks for the roundel

i was working on a new UH-60 skin

here is pic

racs2.jpg

racs3.jpg

racs1.jpg

hope you like it

if you want it pm

i will send the texture to you

Hi wld427, I just read the PM you sent me.... and for me its great to join your project. Although my heli is still in process and it will take me some time to correctly develope it.... here is a screenshot in O2:

118b.jpg

... hope you like it wink_o.gif

Hmm how about SNAF?

Sahrani National AirForce

O A4.. saw a program about that on Discovery HD.. nice plane.. was gunna seggest that in Request Thread but forgot.. will be nice to have some jets for the RACS

you guys should change the m134 from uh60 to m240 or something, or M-2 smile_o.gif

Hi wld427, I just read the PM you sent me.... and for me its great to join your project. Although my heli is still in process and it will take me some time to correctly develope it.... here is a screenshot in O2:

118b.jpg

... hope you like it wink_o.gif

Great job, that looks badass. Does that chopper exist in real life?

Quote[/b] ]Does that chopper exist in real life?

This is MD 500MD , using Izrael's Army wink_o.gif

helo2452.jpg

I dont mean to come off as an idiot, but I really think you should up the texture resolution for some of the vehicles included in the mod. For example, compare the F4 closeup with the UH60 closeup. The difference is quite large, in ArmA we can have textures that show individual rivets and other small details, and once you get used to that it's difficult to live with old ofp-style textures. Just my advice since I really want this pack to be all it can be smile_o.gif

If you need help with the texturing, I can lend a hand! (see my Mi-28N in EricMs hind thread if you want a work sample)

yeah DigitalCenturion i belive these are early stages of the mod, pre alpha basicly, rough ideas, im sure by the time we get releases the textures will have improved.

Eventually i plan to make a complete new texture for the Jets. For now they will remain as overlayed OFP textures. The kick ass job EddyD did on that blackhawk kinda puts the work i have already done on the project to shame. If anybody else wants to get involved in the texturing please PM me we would be glad to welcome new members into the team.

Thanks

Eddie

thanks wld427

i have a little bit update on the texture for RSAF UH-60 with a dragon emblem smile_o.gif

RSAF_UH60.jpg

RSAF_UH602.jpg

man eddyD thats lookin Hot! kepp up the great work, you never stop amazing me with the textures.

Agree with Casimir, that looks awesome.

Another great addon in the works. Will keep an eye on this.

Ok.... so everybody objects to the M60-2000 and the AH1Z, but the UH60 is ok?huh.gif The UH60 is not very "european" either.... If everyone was able to see the type and amounts of equipment the United States passes of to any nation that requests military aid, thier head would spin. pistols.gif The fact is ... yes we are developing them, and no we do not believe that they are too "high priced" for the RACS. The SLA gets never exported T-64s, top of the line T-72s with reactive armor and one of the most advanced fighter aircraft and helicopters ever made. The reality is when it comes to military aid from foriegn countries there truly is no price limit. Although you will not see overboard RACS addons from us. We dont need stealth fighters or M1A2s, challengers, etc. If it seems we lean a little towards the US then yes its true as of right this second. I simply have not taken pics of some of the other projects. We have a whole scope of projects in development so please be patient and stay tuned

thanks

eddie

i myself have no quams with such vehicles, i believe it would be in keeping with the current lay out of the RACS forces. I would be more than accepting of M60 - 2000 becasue it is understandable that they would have a few tanks, probably 1 battalion at the most so i fully understand why they would have these.

Anyway, keep up the work, im sure everyone can wait, i know i can.

I actually have no objections to the M60 2000 its a unique and interesting piece of equipment. The only reason I mention the AH-1Z was the fact is not even in widespread use within the USMC.

you got an excellent MD 500 in the pipeline, together with the AH-6 they're pretty decent for RACS. As the AH-6 is based on the MD-500 training RACS pilots would be easier.

But it would be pointless not to include a very nicely reskinned Cobra, if you've done it allready. In the end it's the mission makers decission what to give RACS, and what not.

ps.: my two cents in the sahrani airforce naming discussion: make it RACS-AF. It would be a solution similar to US Army Air Force in the early days of USAF. Alternatively, F-4 and A-6 are naval planes anyway, make it Royal Sahrani Navy. Would make sense for such a small island.