Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

King Tiger???

Hi, everybody, I am currently in the search for a king tiger addon (searched in the forums and ofp.info), but can't find any good ones, just wondering about the one Marfy Made(Marfy's tanks), and the one John made (John's tank).

So I would much appreciate if anyone of you know any good King Tiger and let me know.

Thanks, guys. smile_o.gif

Try this link

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=5594

If it doesn't work, go here http://ofp.gamepark.cz/ and search for tiger and you'll find it, it is there and I just downloaded again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

sorry, for the link.  banghead.gif

the first link given by Rowdied, works fine.

sorry again

Thanks for the link, guys smile_o.gif

It all right,D@nte biggrin_o.gif

I was also looking for the King Tigers by Marfy and John.

Well John seems to be still active, there is a recent post from him in this forum that he is still working on stuff.

But nothing from Marfy, I think he just made the tanks as an art-project for university or something and never intended to release them for real.

I was also looking for the King Tigers by Marfy and John.

But nothing from Marfy, I think he just made the tanks as an art-project for university or something and never intended to release them for real.

From what I recall he worked in marketing as a graphics artist. His tanks are very much art projects, since what he typically did was create the main model itself, but no resolution lods or interiors. They look great on screenshots, but they're totally unsuited for any kind of use.

The one tank (Panther) that we did release had all of it's needed lods and interiors made by others, and no one of our team was interested in making those for 20+ tanks, 80% of which we had no use for anyway, not wanting to finish Marfy's dirty work for him. No matter how good it looks, if it plays like a turd, no serious mod would ever use it.

I think we really got a very impressive model maker here in OFP WW2 scenario. His work is really amazing and awesome and could be played well in game. He's made lots of tanks and other stuff for WW2 german and russian. He seldom put screenshoots to get notice from others like Marfy but he really made many teffrific things, almost all sereis tanks for german and russian. And I would say his work is the greatest I ever saw here...

marfy is a noob!

------------------------------------------------------------

I think we really got a very impressive model maker here in OFP WW2 scenario. His work is really amazing and awesome and could be played well in game. He's made lots of tanks and other stuff for WW2 german and russian. He seldom put screenshoots to get notice from others like Marfy but he really made many teffrific things, almost all sereis tanks for german and russian. And I would say his work is the greatest I ever saw here...

punishment- take it easy, don't take it personally. tounge2.gif

OFPCAT - I agree with you, anyone who have contributed to OFP should be appreciated. And beside, I really liked Marfy's tanks.  smile_o.gif  rofl.gif  smile_o.gif

Just for screenshoots, Marfy's work seems very well. But it's pity he never intends to make them for OFP. So we have to be pratically to get some other real things here.

the problem with his tanks, is the number of textures. he used tons of 128x128 textures or 256x256.

the problem with his tanks, is the number of textures. he used tons of 128x128 textures or 256x256.

Most people made that mistake when they just started texturing. At first it seems logical, but in the end it just means more work (changing texturepaths, saving files etc), and worse performance due to the number of texturefiles that need to be loaded and transfered.

1-2 (OFP) or 2-4 (ArmA) larger ones are much better.