Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

AI walking slowly on building paths

When on building path, the AI automatically switches from "slow(F/FL/FR)" / "fast(F/FL/FR)" animations to "walk*", even if its "speedMode" is set to fast.

I thought it may be controled by something in the CfgMoves class, but i didn't find anything.

Is it then something in the buildings configs? maybe directly in the model, like some parameter set for the path?

Or is it hardcoded in the game engine?

It should be controlled by coefInside member of the building config.

Another specific reaction to being "inside" of a building is AI never goes prone, which is hard-coded in the game code.

(Note: Being "inside" is defined as AI moving along the path-LOD given route)

Thanks for the clarification Suma.

Its a bad news, because i fear there is some reason why devs left it this way, maybe to avoid some model clipping problems?

I tried to change the cfgMoves walking animations into running, and it didn't seemed like there are any problems, but maybe i have to test it more and in more buildings to see if there really are problems or not (which will cost me another time, so if anyone knows...).

If only there was a way to scale that multiplier via a scripting command...

Then we could make AI breach a building at decent speed, rather than having them just walk in like they got home from work.  :tounge2:

EDIT: I could have sworn the date said 2018, and not 2008... I'll see myself out!

Edited by Cre8or