Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

ArmAlib v1.0

Who or what is Kegetys anyway ? Some sort of super intelligent alien ? I really hope you continue your work in ArmA II ! :alien: :D

Does it have any FPS drawbacks?

Your help please, I have deleted the file you listed but ArmAlib is still launching with Arma.exe.

ArmAlib is activated by a "proxy" DSOUND.DLL file which is installed into the ArmA directory. If you have some serious problems (Such as the game not starting) removing this file will disable ArmAlib permantently. '-noarmalib' parameter can also be used with arma.exe to disable ArmAlib loading.

How do I get it off of my computer?

Thanks

Setting TrackIR X,Y,Z and roll axis freedom for "6DOF" support

I'm using the recent version of ArmAlib v1.03 and to test it correctly i use ArmA 1.16 beta but I have some problems, the essential movements that make this useful are not working properly. The roll axis freedom for "6DOF" does not do anything for me, i can't do what its shown in the recent video of ArmAlib.

I installed ArmAlib in my arma folder and added it to the shortcut as a normal addon. I see it loading before ArmA starts, so i guess it running but i can't see any results in game as shown in video.

Any ideas what im doing wrong? :butbut:

I'm using the recent version of ArmAlib v1.03 and to test it correctly i use ArmA 1.16 beta but I have some problems, the essential movements that make this useful are not working properly. The roll axis freedom for "6DOF" does not do anything for me, i can't do what its shown in the recent video of ArmAlib.

I installed ArmAlib in my arma folder and added it to the shortcut as a normal addon. I see it loading before ArmA starts, so i guess it running but i can't see any results in game as shown in video.

Any ideas what im doing wrong? :butbut:

1. 6DOF you need to use the exsample mission for it

2. The texture drew functions can be seen when you use the texture drew exsample mission

It should be noted that it seems to be causing the latest battleye to kick you for "memory corrpution #2" if it's active

1. 6DOF you need to use the exsample mission for it

2. The texture drew functions can be seen when you use the texture drew exsample mission

Ok, thanks for your words.

It is indeed a very nice addition to the simulation feeling.

Great work Kegetys, congratulations! :)

Your help please, I have deleted the file you listed but ArmAlib is still launching with Arma.exe.

ArmAlib is activated by a "proxy" DSOUND.DLL file which is installed into the ArmA directory. If you have some serious problems (Such as the game not starting) removing this file will disable ArmAlib permantently. '-noarmalib' parameter can also be used with arma.exe to disable ArmAlib loading.

How do I get it off of my computer?

Thanks

Figured it out, it installs in the Beta Directory as well as Default, dsound.dll was in the Beta Directory.

Edited by vengeance1

Well, first priority is to get the game ;)

One more vote for a rapid port to ArmA2... I would like to use it. Nice work Kegetys anyway! :)

also, the hdr is a damn nightmare in A2..

any chance of adding a readable light-level variable for A2, so a proper hdr disable mod could be made?

and/or a 'getAperture' that would return what the hdr engine currently wants it to be so it could be polled for comparison to get an idea of the real situation

Has anyone been able to get getURL function to work? There is no example, and it throws an an error when I use it. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Found answer by RTFM:

"therefore only work properly when called from a script (ie. from something originally executed with execVM or spawn, not call) "

Have to create a sqf and call it from sqs, then it works.

for example:

in test.sqs:

call compile preprocessfile "armalib\alibinterface.sqf";

execVM "test.sqf";

in test.sqf:

_rtn = "http://www.google.com" call getURL;

hint _rtn;

Hi Kegetys,

will you publish a version of ArmAlib as the final patch for ArmA is available? The Beta 1.17 and the RC 1.18 are currently not supported by ArmAlib v1.03 which is very sad!

Regards,

Joern.