Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

ArmAlib v1.0

I'm trying to take automatic screenshots with the help of ArmAlib.

I'm using Qt for grabbing the screen; unluckily it uses BitBlt which seems to be too slow, as it captures the screen while it is drawing into the buffer. Thus I get incompletely drawn maps (my main target is to capture the mapview).

Now looking for a solution, it seems that I need to use DirectX to capture the screen, possibly with hooking.

Kegetys, in case it isn't too much work for you, could you implement a screenshot command into ArmAlib that returns the path to the saved file?

Possibly:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_path = "screenshot" extCall [];

Could you otherwise confirm, that this way would be my best bet?

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=359794

Or possibly injecting a PrintScr-key event into windows and reading from the clipboard?

Hello,

I downloaded the latest version of Armalib as a required addon for the Real Time Editor tool. I uninstalled RTE and got rid of the folder in my Arma directory. I did the same for Armalib but i am getting a weird error:

''error occurred while loading armalib/armalib.dll''

Then i get two more errors both sayin ''the spplication failed to load''

Whats going on?

I am sure it was in the readme. wink_o.gif

Remove the .\arma\dsound.dll and .\arma\beta\dsound.dll.

getMousePos ignores the aspect ratio and will return from 0 to 1, even 16:10 is used and ArmA's range is -0.1 to 1.1

Since 1.16 beta patch recieve error message on launch:

"Game executable does not match any known checksum (0x243685d0)"

Since 1.16 beta patch recieve error message on launch:

"Game executable does not match any known checksum (0x243685d0)"

i do too and cannot get rte working.

pity cause this has become one of the most important tools for arma ever for me!

The latest version of the RTE should work without ArmALib. Use -noarmalib parameter and it should work.

But I'll be happy if 1.16 will be supported soon :)

fantastic - i was getting withdrawal symptoms laying out units by topview map only :)

edit - the noarmalib button was greyed out and not selecteable so i'll wait for the new armalib.

thanks!

Edited by twisted

fantastic - i was getting withdrawal symptoms laying out units by topview map only :)

edit - the noarmalib button was greyed out and not selecteable so i'll wait for the new armalib.

thanks!

you can always rename your 1.16 beta folder to beta1.16 then installed 1.15 beta and just change the folder names depending on what your doing (editing 1.15/playing 1.16)

Im also in need of 1.16 armalib but we will need to wait and hope that kegs has tiem to update his tool

Hmm , never mind , i read the post a page before and i have the same problem

Edited by Sneaker-78-

Yes, I will update it when I have the time (hopefully soon)

Yes, I will update it when I have the time (hopefully soon)

Heya thats cool..

BTW: Its just the check for the correct new exe checksums, right? Since 1.16b hasn't changed much i think....

hi kegs is there any ETA on the update as we are gonna go live soon and need to know if we need to include 1.15 in the installer or not

Thanks

v1.03 with ArmA 1.16 support is now available from my site.

It also has some SQL crash fixes, hopefully I didnt screw anything up there this time (Previously I had apparently broken some array handling in v1.02 which caused crashing)

In addition, this version contains an (highly) experimental feature that allows you to use scripting functions to draw onto textures using basic drawing operations (rectangles, squares, polygons with color gradients etc.). This allows creating, for example, fully custom MFD displays or HUDs in airplanes as shown

The feature is not tested much, it is not documented at all and might not even work. To use it you first create a "magic texture" containing a string identifier using the armalib_makemagic.exe included in the package. For example:

armalib_makemagic.exe mytexture.paa KEG_left_mfd

Now, where ever this mytexture.paa is used (models, GUI elements, terrain, sky, whatever) it will be replaced by the texture you create using Armalib functions, like this:

_red = [255, 255, 0, 0];

_surf = "d_CreateSurface" extCall["KEG_left_mfd", 512,512, "ARGB8888"];

"d_Clear" extCall[_surf, _red];

"d_Present" extCall[_surf];

The above would create a surface named 'KEG_left_mfd' sized 512x512 pixels, fill it with red color and then "present" it onto the mytexture.paa texture.

See this example mission for some crappy sample code for the functions available. The mission has a flag pole with a texture like this that should cycle color when it is visible, and triggerin radio alpha should open up a dialog where some basic drawing functions are used.

Again, this is very experimental so dont be disapointed if it doesn't work :)

BTW: Its just the check for the correct new exe checksums, right?

The checksum is there just to stop it from being run with an incompatible exe (which would crash the game or do something else bad). All the memory pointers used need to be updated every time there is a new exe.

Thanks for the update ! Impressive video !

Thanks very much! Video is pure awesomeness!

Wow a real radar in Arma.... WOW... Draw/Render to texture is something i was wishing for since Arma came out...

great release and that new texture things looks damn interesting. cant wait to see what the modding guys can do with it? FLIR?

on a dedicated server it keeps crashing adn the log says

000163FC-armalib: ArmAlib v1.03 by Kegetys

000163FC-armalib: <C:\ArmA\arma_server.exe:0x243685D0>

000163FC-armalib: Executable match "arma_server.exe v1.16.0.5277 b"

000163FC-armalib: SQL error: unable to open database file

000163FC-armalib: 'Urpo' database is corrupted or unreadable, attempting to recreate

000163FC-armalib: SQL error: unable to open database file

000163FC-armalib: Database A (Urpo) creation failed!

Path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents/ArmA/ArmAlib/urpo.database

I fixed it. the issue was compressed folders in my docs

Edited by armatech
fixed issue

Thanks! and Awesome :)

I can't see us without ArmALib these days, both my DAC Editor and RTE use it, im using it for saving weapon loadouts etc ... :)

Will you continue in A2? :)

Yes, please do a ArmaII version, i hope it aint too much work for you though...

There are soo many good things coming along with more and more ppl getting it how to use this wonderfull application! Thanks kegetys!

EDIT:

Wow, we can now animate inside/on modeloptics as well? I.e. i could do my Javelin GUI inside the optics of the model instead of doing UI elements? Awesome!!

Edited by PhilippRauch