Sign in to follow this  
TokarevT33

Good SP CTI?

Can anyone recommend me some good CTI maps and mods for playing specifically on single player?

It seems I saw this same question posted somewhere else. The reason there has been no answer and won't be is that CTI is not played in single player mode. And can't be. If you edit a mission and make a group of soldiers which you can lead, then place way points on enemys you may make a somewhat working mission. Generally speaking you can't play the following as single player:

DM

TDM

A&D

CTF

CTI

C&H

And any Coop that uses indivdual soldiers rather than groups.

You can play CTI and several other missions designed for MP in solo :

-On the main OFP menu, click on "Multiplayer"

-On the new page appearing, at the line "Adress" , click to change "Internet" into "LAN"

-On the bottom on that page, click "New"

You are now in the mission selection menu, and can play coop missions, DM and even CTI alone, and have access to the mission wizard and editor.

The advantage of playing MP mission in Multiplayer -> LAN is that you can play in solo and then benefit of the respawn feature that unfortunately is not possible by using the normal SP menu and then allow to play missions like CTI (can't imagine how "unfun" a CTI can be without respawn biggrin_o.gif ) where you will die a lot.

And you can use your own logo by setting up your own squad xml (again not possible in SP menu)

Quote[/b] ]You can play CTI and several other missions designed for MP in solo :

I wasn't suggesting that you couldn't launch a mission, but more so that the way most missions are structured where usually there are no groups just indivdual troops to be filled by each player that fills a slot. This meaning that you would be on your own, without being able to command a group. If all units are marked such that a slot needs to be filled to even appear on the map you may be the only one in the mission. AI on the opposing side (if any) would just be standing around and would only respond when detecting you if you come in range.

This just seems rather pointless so my comment was more about playablity rather then just being able to run a CTI mission.

When i say you can play CTI in solo, i did not meant it just theorically because you can launch a LAN game in solo, but i said it practically :

In CTI, the AI is able to be a side commander, so you have a working opposition.

Now for the side you are playing with, you are able to choose to be your side commander, or to be one squad leader.

In the last case, the AI will assume the commander role.

There are "coop" versions of CTI, that give huge money advantage to the opposite side of the player, as it was originally made for all the player to play on the same side against the AI, but even these coop version can be played in solo (and so are way more difficult too than the regular versions).

Now the problem with the CTI is that you can find a thousand different versions with each their own features, their own gameplay, some are using lots of addons, some none etc...

So in regards to the "best" it really depends of what you like, but MF-CTI and CR-CTI are playable in solo with the AI filling the tasks for which there are no human player. As most of the available version of CTI are based either on MF or CR, solo should always be possible.

At some points, there was a very promising CTI, Zeus-CTI , but i don't know if it was finished.

Sorry man, I know this is wrong topic for explanation, but if you are talking about it .. smile_o.gif

I see everywhere modules for CTI (or I think so) like "shackbattle_06_06_11" . What does this files contains?

Tnx

Quote[/b] ]I see everywhere modules for CTI (or I think so) like "shackbattle_06_06_11" . What does this files contains?

That is just mission maps made for the WGL-ShackTactical server. There are other packs that contain the addons as well as MP missions for the server. I haven't seen the OFP Shack server online for a while, I think they moved strictly to ARMA. You can still play the MP maps off line though.

It is difficult to suggest good CTI single players.... I haven't player OFP for a year or so (i thought it would die after AA came out), but have just got back to it and found a CTI I was working on a while ago... will release this on OFPEC in a week or so... msg me if you are interested.

I dunno what these guys are talking about no CTI single players... maybe becuase they take the guise of dynamic campaigns?huh.gif e.g. DMA dynamic template is sort of a CTI... many of my scripts are based on thiers except you are not given small individual missions but have to secure the entire island from enemy hands i.e. more CTI than Dynamic.

the only problem is if you hate missions with savegame issues then this is not for you as it uses lots of spawns and CoC network services for the CoC Command engine lite!!! (you cammand a platoon of 3 squads 24men in total (24 is the capacity of the CH47 you insert and evac chopper)

Regards

Kendo