Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

Desert Bradley

Hmm.... problem. It doesn't show up in my mission editor. I double checked that the pbo was in my mod/addons folder and went through all the editor listings carefully but no joy. Does this addon conflict with the old Vilas Bradleys? Because those still show up under Vilas Vehicles but are the old woodland versions that were direct conversions of the BIS Bradleys without the extra armor and details.

Also... will there be any versions with ERA armor on them? The version normally used now in Iraq has ERA bricks on the side, turret, and I believe on the front as well. That shouldn't be too hard to do. I'm working on doing ERA for my mod's Syrian T-72 at the moment.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmm.... problem. It doesn't show up in my mission editor. I double checked that the pbo was in my mod/addons folder and went through all the editor listings carefully but no joy. Does this addon conflict with the old Vilas Bradleys? Because those still show up under Vilas Vehicles but are the old woodland versions that were direct conversions of the BIS Bradleys without the extra armor and details.

Also... will there be any versions with ERA armor on them? The version normally used now in Iraq has ERA bricks on the side, turret, and I believe on the front as well. That shouldn't be too hard to do. I'm working on doing ERA for my mod's Syrian T-72 at the moment.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Check new updated 1.01 version which is now compatible with Vilas Bradleys. wink_o.gif

----------------------------

!!! Update !!!

Version 1.01

Download:

http://rapidshare.com/files/119552605/Desert_Bradley.rar

Update 1.01:

- added BI Sign Files

- fixed compatibility with vilas VIBI pack, now you can use both addons

Please delete your old version and replace it with this new, thanks.

This also applies to all hosters of this addon, thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a Woodland version in the VIBI addon pack released by Vilas?

You are correct AFAIK. Maybe I'm confused by their definition of "Woodland Version" but the recently released VIBI pack by Vilas has 2 "non-desert" versions of the Bradley. There is a M2 Bradley and a M2A2 Version. In addition, there is a M2 and M2A2 with WPH crew and M2/M2A2 with BIS crew.

These are all in a Woodland Camo but I'm not sure if this was the type of Woodland Camo they had in mind.

Regardless, they are fantastic. And the same goes for this Desert version.

Thanks Pauliness, G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS and Vilas for this excellent vehicle!

biggrin_o.gif

Manzilla, you are right, vilas allow us (BOSS and me) to release only desert version. wink_o.gif

Please, check version 1.01 and let me know about compatibility with vilas bradleys.

I think you guys will find the woodlands version of bradley in vilas most recent releases,as far as im aware.

O and nice 1 pauliesss sweet work very cool. notworthy.gifyay.gifnotworthy.gif

Nice Bradley!

Two little Bugs:

1. No Zoom for Commander.

2. Not important...but, no lookaround in 3d-Person View.

What's the difference between M2 and M2a2? Did I miss something?

edit: The "Commander-HUD" looks like he have a 50.cal Gun....I think you have to edit the Texture a bit.

Aside from that bug, I noticed that the cannon does not aim very low...just barely below the horizon...I think it aims a bit lower in real life although I could be mistaken.  

Aside from the previous bugs mentioned, I noticed that the armor values are not very high for the M2A2.  They are only slightly greater then the regular M2 with one RPG imobilizing the M2A2 with one shot...the 2nd shot blowing up.  

The new M2A2 indeed is not RPG proof in real life especially without ERA.  However the spaced extra armor on the outside (much like Israeli Zelda APC's) did help to stop quite a few RPG rounds and it lesses the amount of dammage done during a penetration.    I would at least up it so that one damages, 2 disables, and 3 destroys it.  This gives the crew a fighting chance to react to a hit from an RPG.

Even better however would be a version with the modern ERA boxes as is used currently.   An antimated TOW-2 launcher would likewise be very cool where it is folded down in "safe" mode and folds up when it comes into contact with an enemy and goes into "combat" mode.   Another improvement would be to have turret sound when the turret turns.

At any rate, excellent work on these Bradleys overall.  It is good to have these in the game and I hope that further improvements continue on them.  

To Alexduke:    The main differences between these two are armor levels and externally, the big armor plates on the side of the M2A2.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ive tried to up the armor values, it is working fine(as you wrote), but there is still one bug...I dont know how to make commander to give order to dismount for the rest of crew......anyone can help ?

I think the M242 is a little underpower...

it takes almost 100 round for me to take out a BRDM2

and it seems no effect at all on T-72

In real world M242 hold record of kill T-72 in close combat

I suggest the damage value of M242 should be increased

Camo to match Matecks :P.

What's the difference between M2 and M2A2 ? xD

Vultar try reading the thread, the answer is above you.

Yeah I agree, at least on the AP rounds. In real life, the 25mm M919 APFSDS-T DU (depleted uranium) armor piercing rounds used on the M242 are incredibly powerful. Apparently they made short work of Iraqi T-72's although I don't know if they penetrated frontal armor. I haven't also read official reports concerning the estimates of how many T-72's were killed by the 25mm cannons. But from reports from scout commanders and crews that faced off against T-72's, it seems to be quite high. Whatever the case, the M919 APFSDS-T rounds should rip to pieces any enemy light armor. However that would be on the newer M2A2. That ammo, to my knowledge, was not heavily used yet during the first Gulf War and so should not be on the regular M2 Bradleys. But even those have tunsten M791 M791 rounds that should likewise rip to shreads light armor. They are however not likely to do much dammage on MBT's.

The M792 HEI-T rounds should do some dammage to light armor but are primarily used against unarmored vehicles and infantry. Good for taking down massed infantry or lobbing into windows of buildings that have snipers inside.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think the main weapon sound needs to sound a lot stronger and less low quality...that thing should be pretty loud, also the rate of fire for it is too fast.

Yeah I agree, at least on the AP rounds. In real life, the 25mm M919 APFSDS-T DU (depleted uranium) armor piercing rounds used on the M242 are incredibly powerful. Apparently they made short work of Iraqi T-72's although I don't know if they penetrated frontal armor. I haven't also read official reports concerning the estimates of how many T-72's were killed by the 25mm cannons. But from reports from scout commanders and crews that faced off against T-72's, it seems to be quite high. Whatever the case, the M919 APFSDS-T rounds should rip to pieces any enemy light armor. However that would be on the newer M2A2. That ammo, to my knowledge, was not heavily used yet during the first Gulf War and so should not be on the regular M2 Bradleys. But even those have tunsten M791 M791 rounds that should likewise rip to shreads light armor. They are however not likely to do much dammage on MBT's.

The M792 HEI-T rounds should do some dammage to light armor but are primarily used against unarmored vehicles and infantry. Good for taking down massed infantry or lobbing into windows of buildings that have snipers inside.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It's even more likely that the M919 was first used in the M2A3 since the M919 was introduced first in 1996/97.

I am working on new version, that will bring changed values for hit damage, improved armor value etc.

Anyway, I am now busy with real life, so it will take some time....but expect release in a week. wink_o.gif

And thanks for advices mates. inlove.gif

What's the difference between M2 and M2A2 ? xD

A2's are upgraded M2's.

They have slightly different armor as well.

If I'm not mistaken, and remember correctly- a Bradley's 25mm cannon was attributed with accidently disabling an M1A1 during Desert Storm. I believe it was also quite effective against Iraqi MBTs, IFVs and APCs.

The 25mm Bushmaster cannon is by no means a "peashooter", particularly when combined with highly effective, state of the art APFSDS, and HEAP ammunition, and an advanced FCS.

Is it good when M2A2 destroy BMP-2 with five rounds ?

...and new class name for Bradleys is VILPAS_BRADLEY

(class name was changed because of the compatibility with VIBI pack)

If the Bradley faces heavier armor like MBT's and some IFV the commander should rely on TOW. With the 25mm Bushmaster cannon he may suppress/confuse the other side but it takes more time to fully destroy such armored vehicles. Main mission of the Bradley and other IFVs like BMP-2 is to provide mobile protected transport of an infantry squad to critical points on the battlefield, to give direct fire support and to perform some cavalry scout missions.

If the Bradley faces heavier armor like MBT's and some IFV the commander should rely on TOW. With the 25mm Bushmaster cannon he may suppress/confuse the other side but it takes more time to fully destroy such armored vehicles. Main mission of the Bradley and other IFVs like BMP-2 is to provide mobile protected transport of an infantry squad to critical points on the battlefield, to give direct fire support and to perform some cavalry scout missions.

Cheers buddy ill pass this info on to vilas

Traditionally, that was true, but the new M919 APFSDS-T DU ammunition changes all that. A TOW takes time to fly to its target and has long reload times after the 2nd is fired.

The 25mm bushmaster chain gun, is in essence, the main weapon. A commander would be stupid not to use this weapon when from most accounts, it does an excellent job against even the T-72 tank (or at least the older model versions that Iraq had).

Now.... in ArmA , the game engine puts certain constraints on reality, and we don't necessarily want the M2A2 to become an uber tank. For the sake of game play we don't want one round of its AP ammo obliterating a T-72. It should have to hammer away at it for a bit before disabling it.

To Pauliesss- Yeah that setting sounds good to me. I hope you make sure to lower the fire rate however as it was way too fast.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>