Sign in to follow this  
Mangobreeder

TOW

Hi

Is there a manual anywhere with gives information on how to fire a TOW from a Stryker ATGM?

I think i have it down using zoom and stuff, but isnt it suppose to be guided?

is it possible to take out a t-72 with one shot or is it a multiple shot job,

also while im here smile_o.gif

how can i take out a moving tank with it?

I think i have it down using zoom and stuff, but isnt it suppose to be guided?

It's manually guided, you have to keep the centre of the crosshair fixed on the vehicle until the missile reaches it.

Quote[/b] ]is it possible to take out a t-72 with one shot or is it a multiple shot job

IIRC one missile tends to do the trick if you hit it properly on not just strike the ground in front of it. The crew certainly bails out after one hit.

Quote[/b] ]how can i take out a moving tank with it?

Like I said before, the missiles are manually guided so you'll have to move the sight with the vehicle you're targeting. You'll have to target a little ahead of where the vehicle is to account for it changing position. With a bit of luck/skill/practise you should be able to hit moving targets at a fairly decent range.

Only problem is the zoom doesn't work as good as the Humvee tow launchers sight. Anyone know how to fix this?

There are problems. Someone's missles seems to follow reticle quite well. Someones (like mine) missiles are lazy and can't keep up with reticle. Might be because of mouse or mouse drivers. My older mouse and older rig performed well with OFP missles, my current mouse and current rig doesn't (conserning OFP and arma missiles).

So i can hit just stationary targets with TOW. Getting proper lead to moving target is about cheer luck and hit probability is veeeeery low even on slow moving vehicles.

TOW and AT-5 from BRDM/BMP2 are completely bugged in 1.14 !

Past about 1300m they totally "lose their mind" and start flying like UFOs (fly in circle, backwards, hover...) till they hit the ground.

Wanna try ? Put a HMMVEE TOW in the mountains near Paraiso and aim at builldings in Corazol.

2nd problem is that past about 800m TOW (and not AT5) wobbles so much that it almost always hits the ground before or behind the locked target. AT5 has a much straighter fly path.

Why is TOW range even with 5 k viewing distance only 1500 m ! - I want to shoot further.

Hi, the TOW-IIB mounted on vehicles fly forward going up and down without control, you can

only maniouber 'em to the sides and yeah, up and down too, but they're useless, a pure scum;

i played a EVO where i had a HMMWV-TOW on a hill at like 750m from the targets, i shooted

12 TOWs and i only hitted with four of 'em. This don't happen with the static TOW-IIB

launchers, where the missile fly straight and the only bug that it haves is the smoke trail,

thing that the TOWs don't have IRL for allow the shooter to see the target; for some reason

we can't have half realistic or just good enough AT missiles here. The TOWs suck. Let's C ya

The old ArmA1 TOW had the missile auto-track a fixed location 1500m from the muzzle of the TOW launcher during flight. Once the missile passed 1500m it went bazerk because the aiming point suddenly was behind it. Doesn't look like they fixed it for ArmA2.