Sign in to follow this  
raedor

UEFA Euro 2008

Honestly this year I don't really give a damn about this competition.

I am sick tired of all the mass hysteria revolving around this national team. I sure do hope they loose in the quarter-finals!

I even feel embarrassed with this team. So many great Portuguese players out there, but no, mr.Scolari prefered to nationalize some brazilian assets that didn't even had a place in their national team.

I don't know about the other portuguese people, but I won't even going to see the matches and so will do many of my mates. We just don't feel represented by this team...

If you ever have the chance and the will check out this video comparing the two portuguese national teams of rugby and football:

I don't know about the other portuguese people, but I won't even going to see the matches and so will do many of my mates. We just don't feel represented by this team...

Even if a lot of Portuguese share the feeling, I'm sure all of that will change once their team reaches the semi-finals wink_o.gif (like every nation suddenly falls in love with it's team once they are successful, even if it is the most ridiculous of sports).

Success brings national admiration to sports that had never been popular before, or teams that had been disliked until then.

Congrats to the czech, even if the swiss were tactically superior, but the czech did it thanks to the impenetrable block they formed in defense.

All in all, a very calm match with a few occasions, I hope the incoming one opposing Portugal to Turkey will be more entertaining.

Regards,

TB

I liked both games, though I think cz didn't deserve to win, since they only put there efforts into defense and the WC proved that this kind of playing won't lead into the finals.

Portugal however played really great and you can say whatever you like about Ronaldo - he's a great player smile_o.gif

Now I'm waiting for tomorrows games, especially Germany of course and I really hope we beat the Poles because of their stupid newspaper-reports. yay.gif

Ah edit

I quite liked the opening ceremony smile_o.gif

Didn't see any ceremonies, was on the streets of Vienna and 15 minutes too late, but I doubt that I missed anything, the first match was very boring if you ask me -- and yes, CZ didn't deserve to win, but they won (hehe).

The second match was way more fun to watch and even if I was for Turkey, I have to admit that the result is okay, as Portugal really played very well and especially the second goal was very nice to see. Looks like this Euro Portugal learned to play fair, opposed to what they did in the WC 06...

@kavo: Ermm, what was proven by the WC? Do you remember who won and how they've been playing? huh.gif

Looks like this Euro Portugal leanred to play fair, opposed to what they did in the WC 06...

This match wasn't very important yet, it gradually becomes worse with every successive round, or when the opponent is of extraordinary quality.

Just wait until they meet an opponent that is more capable of dealing with them like the Italians or Germans.

Looks like this Euro Portugal leanred to play fair, opposed to what they did in the WC 06...

This match wasn't very important yet, it gradually becomes worse with every successive round, or when the opponent is of extraordinary quality.

Just wait until they meet an opponent that is more capable of dealing with them like the Italians or Germans.

Hah, yep, let's see what happens when they meet NL again... whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

We will probably win and then everyone will complain that we only win because we cheat. Typical.

Anyway, I was very sad to see that Frei had to leave the match earlier and maybe even the competition. I hope he can still get back to it as it is a pleasure to see that man playing wink_o.gif

Looks like I have to drink some beers in a pub now daily, as I don't have TV here. whistle.gif

Don't drink too much mate, you don't want to get fat, eh? tounge2.gif

Damn I was like 1 minute late @kicktipp to place a bet on Czech, but I was right about Portugal wink_o.gif

Go,go,go Croatia, I would say 1:0 for us yay.gif

@raedor

You can have different opinions about that wink_o.gif

Another question:

Which game was it that ended with 4(?) red cards in the WC?

I found in quite funny ^^

Another question:

Which game was it that ended with 4(?) red cards in the WC?

I found in quite funny ^^

NL vs Portugal wink_o.gif

What a tasty Kebab we had last nigh, and i'm confident this won't be a single exibition from Portugal. I was really amazed with the quality and smart football we did, and those 2 balls on the posts didn't demoralized the team (as it usually does), but worked like a tonic to the team moral. João Moutinho proofed that he deserves a place in the starting 11, Ronaldo did the possible match with all eyes on him and even Nuno Gomes played well. And the fun part is that Quaresma didn't even needed to play! He's saving his internationaly famouse trick shot callled "TRIVELA" to those big matches againsts Germany or France pistols.gif

The CZ team was a bit weeker then i thought, but i'm sure they will make Portugal job very hard next Wednesday. Hope that both teams ( Portugal and CZ) passes to the next stage!

Quaresma is nothing but a replacement for Simão if he ever gets injured. Same as Nani... They don't have a slot in the starting 11.

I just wonder why wasn't Tiago selected for the national team, and why is Veloso in the bench crazy_o.gif

The match opposing Portugal to Turkey was very pleasant to watch thanks to its dynamism, unlike the first one between Switzerland and the czech republic which was rather slow and calm.

Despite the fact that Ronaldo wasn't in the place he is used to be in within Manchester, he played very well, threated many times the turkish defenses, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the match Portugal vs Czech Rep.

Regards,

TB

First match was good & bad for Switzerland. Czech team was the favourite but they didn't play well.

Second match was a bit more action and had a little more foul play by Turkey. Pepe's and Meireles goal were good teamwork didn't expect it as many others know some of those "la belladonna's".

Hope that Croatia and Germany win their first EURO08 matches today.

The austrians have played very well the 2nd half of the match, specifically after the introduction of Gorkmaz.

Truthfully, they would have deserved to equalize against a physically weak croatian team.

Regards,

TB

I wasn't very pleased with our performance today.

I agree,Austria was better in 2nd half.

Score-victory, thats all that counts now.

Once again I was right about final result. tounge2.gif

wow_o.gif Germany is really wonderful to see playing!

Phillip Lahm (don't know if it's spelt like this) is doing a wonderful game, haven't seen him loosing one single ball. Podolski is simply speechless, he is just relentless!

I was a bit afraid of how Germany would present itself in the EC2008, but with this game I have no doubt that in my humble bet Germany will win this Championship (against Italy would be cool) smile_o.gif

WUHHHHUUUUUU biggrin_o.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Great, great game, especially the first half... If we keep it up we gonna win the EC =)

Great games today; the last one especially.

I was expecting a few more goals against Poland but I got the goal-difference right, so I'm now heading up the prediction league: yay.gifyay.gif

http://www.kicktipp.de/arma2008/tippuebersicht

Don't reckon I'll be there tomorrow though: some tough games to predict the score for.

Looking forward to the Holland-Italy game. If you ask me, one of those two facing Germany in the final would make for a fantastic match.

Olic did a really great match, if you ask me, he was running like hell... really cool.

Germany was really good, they deserved to win. Especially the second goal was well done by Podolski, haha, he was the personated coolness after his 1:0 biggrin_o.gif

I'm very interested in tomorrow's Italy vs NL, the first big match in this Euro. wow_o.gif

couldnt have said it better! However I always try to keep my confidence in a team. Maybe Portugal has learned and I am sure they can succeed without playing any silly games.