Sign in to follow this  
raedor

UEFA Euro 2008

biggrin_o.gif....unbelieveble.After the Dutch destroyed our dreams with a 2-0 win in the final match of our group I was left speachless.

As a 1/4 Russian I will enjoy this win as much as I would have if it was Romania instead.

Russia was in a class of it's own tonight...

What the hell was that? Piss poor preformance from the Dutch.

What the hell was that? Piss poor preformance from the Dutch.

-The Russian team was good;

-Their coach is even better;

-Only 1 player of the Russian team plays abroad, the rest plays in the Russian league, which has a very different schedule than the leagues of Western Europe that at least 85% of all the players in the tournament play in, like shown in the match against Sweden, the Russian players are the most physically fit of all the teams in the tournament due to this anomaly;

-Some key players played the worst match of their lives, including van Persie and van der Vaart, player that normally make the team excel, de Jong was surprisingly good on the other hand;

-As per the previous point, our entire defense sucks, excluding Boulahrouz, see last point;

-Robben was injured, he's only one player, but it did cause van Basten to have to put in the inferiour Affelay;

-Boulahrouz's daughter was born prematurely a few days ago, and died the same day, this may well have proved a negative morale boost.

I am expecting Italy to win tomorrow. That will conclude the victory of anti-football over football that people actually like to watch. Hoping that Russia wins, but realistically speaking the final will be an uber-boring defensive Germany - Italy. In which case I hope Germany wins.

-Boulahrouz's daughter was born prematurely a few days ago, and died the same day, this may well have proved a negative morale boost.

Is this the reason for the black arm bands?

Russia did play a lot better, but Holland disapointed me with this performance.

First Euro Cup , then World War III/3 !. Go Russia , pistols.gif

Did I not predict what would happen ?. Yes I did.

Ok this is it...I swear in public that i won't ever bet my money on football...

I just can't believe Russia smashed Holland!!

Congrats to the comrades!

OT:Alenishev forever!

What a match! Russia totally obliterated Nederlands... Guus Hiddink really taught his players how to play.

Damn, those Arshavin's plays were magnificent! And what to say of Pavlyuchenko?

They really deserved to win. But credit to Nederlands that displayed such quality football throughout the group phase. I wonder though why all first placed teams in groups phase are stumbling upon the second placed and less rested. I even thought that in the extra time Russia would stumble without stamina but it was the other way around... wow_o.gif

Portugal - 1st in its tournament = out

Croatia - 1st in its tournament = out

Holland - 1st in its tournament = out

Spain - 1st in its tournament =  whistle.gif

Italia1.gif

Portugal - 1st in its tournament = out

Croatia - 1st in its tournament = out

Holland - 1st in its tournament = out

Spain - 1st in its tournament =  whistle.gif

Italia1.gif

Agreed!

So far 3 quarter-finals,and the underdogs have won each time! biggrin_o.gif

Its a surprising Euro, lets hope underdog Spain will win today against world cup winner Italy! xmas_o.gif

Is this the reason for the black arm bands?

Yes, it was.

That will conclude the victory of anti-football over football that people actually like to watch.

You can't even begin to believe Russia played negative football last night, the went for it from the off and out footballed a 'total football' side.

I'm suprised they're no comments on the red card that never was, it was brilliant call by the linesman and showed a lot of guts as well.

Just back from watching Spain - Italy 1st half, I'm trying to decide if going back to TV is worth it or not...

Probably not. Though my 2 prefered goalkeepers are on the field... maybe someone, at some point, will try to shoot at a goal and one of them will have a good move to do (though Buffon has already stopped a nasty shoot, the only thing happening so far, tbh).

1 half, Italy shot..... once... zzZZzzz

what a useless match so far! But spain at least ist trying! If italy wins this one and continues with this boring style then they will definetly ruin the finals for us the viewers.

Luckiely there are other TV programs worth watching... wait I'm in Germany... crazy_o.gif *turns back to his computer*

Luckiely there are other TV programs worth watching... wait I'm in Germany... crazy_o.gif *turns back to his computer*

lmao *shoots himself* banghead.gif

After a completly boring match my favorite won biggrin_o.gif

And now we have 4 teams in the semi finales playing entertaining football... that'll be great smile_o.gif

Congrats SPAIN!

Another Spain vs Russia, with Arshavin, russians will aim at getting their revenge by wiping out spain.

What is sure is that the half-finals will illustrate another image of football since all 'defensive oriented' teams are gone.

Hopefully, no more slowing down the game to limit scoring.

Regards,

TB

Honestly, I believe this could become one of the most exciting eurocups since centuries. As you already said, all defensive oriented teams are out now and those who remain fight for a dream.

Probably Germany is one of the most boring ones amongst them but I doubt turkey will allow them to play lame style.

Honestly, I believe this could become one of the most exciting eurocups since centuries. As you already said, all defensive oriented teams are out now and those who remain fight for a dream.

Probably Germany is one of the most boring ones amongst them but I doubt turkey will allow them to play lame style.

I wouldn't describe the last German match as boring, neither our qualifications matches... Just the group stage with Croatia and Austria was a bit slow, which had psychological reasons in my opinion.

I wouldn't describe the last German match as boring, neither our qualifications matches... Just the group stage with Croatia and Austria was a bit slow, which had psychological reasons in my opinion.

okay, lets put is this way, Germany is an established football nation with a certain amount of experience. Attacking at all cost is statistically nonesense and it appears we are the only one amongst the remaining to know that. tounge2.gif

But I rather watch a suicidal attack style than the efficient german way.

Quote[/b] ]Probably Germany is one of the most boring ones amongst them but I doubt turkey will allow them to play lame style.

To be honest I´d say that the german team played the best matches of the EM so far. Match against Poland was a blast and the match against the Portugese showed how much you can achieve by playing as a team. Finest goals in the EM so far have also been shot by the german team imo.

The match Spain-Italy was a joke. Spain at least tried but to be honest kicking short balls from one to anothert isn´t a really smart solution if you´re playing against a lazy team of blocking and walking Italians. Serves them very well that they lost in the end.

All Italians seemed to be interested in was lying on the grass and screaming in pain after fake fouls.

Lame loosers. Thankfully they are out of the EM.

One more thing: has anyone seen the in terview with the italian coach after the match ? Things like : "...our players fought hard and kept pushing all the time..." That was the joke of the day for me. I have hardly ever seen a much more lazy and foul match as the one yesterday. I guess they were aiming for the penalty shootout from the beginning of the match as Mr Buffon is such a good keeper. Too bad the spanish team shoock their dreams. Well done spain ! The only thing the italians deserved was a kick in the back taking them home to Italy after such incredible poor and lazy performance throughout the tournament. Booo !