Sign in to follow this  
raedor

UEFA Euro 2008

What a way for Ballack to impress his new boss eh! smile_o.gif

lol

... he can push and make goal.

VIVA DEUTSCHLAND OLÉ!!!

Me being half-german and half-portuguese (though born in Portugal and lived there so far) had a hard time guessing but in the end I must say for this match I was 100% in favour of the Mannschaft. The fact that the flag of Portugal that was put up as a window decoration (even if behind bars) of my house (and it's been there since 2004) had been stolen yesterday sealed my decision to support "ze Germans". Seriously, I think the portuguese people should give more importance to other things besides soccer, it's simply too much devotion, for them it's holier than going to church. Although, of course, there is a saying back from the times of Salazar that the portuguese people needed only 3 "F" things to be happy: Football, Fátima (the catholic gathering place and respective ceremonies) and Fado (a portuguese type of music).

Back on topic, I don't know how Germany will continue, but for me they've already done more that they'd been credited with in the beginning, so every win now will be a surprising good bonus. And who knows, if they keep on doing enough to win the next match, they might even reach the finals...

Damn, these Turks don't cease to amaze me! Croats score a goal in 119', and the Turks manage to score the equalizer in the last possible shot in 121'! crazy_o.gif

They are just so good in scoring equalizers it seems .... notworthy.gif

Edit: TURKEY WINS! I just don't get it! wow_o.gif

Not the most boring match of the tournament in terms of real football...but it was close.

Will be interesting to see if they even manage to field 11 players with all the injuries and suspensions they have whistle.gif

Damn, the worst night for me. sad_o.gif

I can't believe that happened. It was simply unexpected to watch such sluggish play from Croatia.

The equalizer was a damn pure luck shot, deflected by defense...

1st time I'm not that happy the turks came back into the match, cause it lacked the touch the first 2 comebacks had.

But well, that's football.

I can't comment though if it was overall deserved or not, I only saw the last 10 minutes + penalty shots. Apparently, I didn't miss any of the action wink_o.gif

Scratch another one for TURKEY!!! YEEEAAAHHHH I lost it when Rustu got out his goal and help croatians to score, and then miracle happens!!! we are BACK!!! GO TURKEY GO!

Sounds like that Turkey can't win without suffering and pushing the suspense to a level that would be difficult to sustain.

Without its best players, Turkey will (once again), suffer like hell against Ballack, Schweinschteiger and Podolski.

A very promising match to come soon... I wonder how the streets would be in Berlin, (with the large Turkish-German community out there).

Regards,

TB

in both matches (Czech and Croatia) refrees were badly sided on card issues. Its crystal clear. I wonder who will be on field next match, Fatih Terim himself??

I wonder who will be on field next match, Fatih Terim himself??

LMAO! I wouldn't be surprised! No matter how hard I try, I can't picture him scoring a goal biggrin_o.gif

GO TURKIYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abs

Funky match, first i fell asleep two times in the additional 30 mins and then when i wake up again i see one goal just to see another one few seconds before the end, nice.

Will be quite intresting match for us against Turkey as we have such a big Turkish community in Germany.

Hopefully things stay calm when the match is over...

I really, really hoped that Croatia would win... Now I expect many difficulties between German and Turkish Fans after the end of the next match, no matter who wins sad_o.gif

Anyway, they will be a lot easier to handle than Croatia

I missed the first 90 minutes of the match, but I heard it was nothing special, so good for me, but I did stick in for the additional time and the tense penalty shots.

Looks like croatia is not going to win euro 2008....  tounge2.gif  As i said this years cup is very interesting, first Dutch beat italy, now Turkey beats croatia, i wonder what next? possibly Russia winning  UEFA cup?  you can expect enything from this UEFA cup.... nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]possibly Russia winning

Tonight's match will say it all, but don't forget that there is still Spain and Italy, just there around the corner.

Regards,

TB

possibly Russia winning UEFA cup?

Hopefully, then I get to laugh even more at my mates. thumbs-up.gif

Croatia had more chances to win but miss to get the goals and of course played too slow. Turkey didn't play, they woke up in last minute and with good luck they won the match.

Favourite on match Germany vs. Turkey is Germany. Hope to see final match: Germany v Netherlands smile_o.gif

Pretty good game of Russia uptil now, Holland was a bit lucky with the late 1:1 regarding their way of playing.

Russia would have deserved to win in my opinion, but they were unable to convert their chances into goals. Lets see what the next 30 minuts bring smile_o.gif

Edit

Congratulations Russia! You fought until the end and it was obvious that you longed for the victory!

Absolutely stunning Russia thumbs-up.gif . Stunning game too, with fantastic players on both sides (not least on the Dutch one).

Great, great football imho, I had a lot of fun watching it smile_o.gif.

Great game, possibly the most entertaining so far.

Credit to the Dutch, they were really impressive in the group stages and thoroughly deserved to go further in the competition based on those performances alone, but ultimately they were utterly outclassed by a brilliant Russian team, who always looked the most dangerous throughout the match.

I could really see the Russians going all the way based on tonight.

Great game, possibly the most entertaining so far.

Well, there were certainly many other games that were more exciting than this one...

Oh, Jesus, oh, Jesus! Dutches were simply crushed!