Sign in to follow this  
raedor

UEFA Euro 2008

Congrats to Russia, they played very well and it's good to see Arshavin back within the russian team, he seems to be in a good shape now.

Russians could have easily won 5 - 0 due to the amount of opportunities.

Hope they won't get scared against the Dutch as they were when they were opposed to Spain.

The quarterfinals seem very promising.

Regards,

TB

Russia played really good and it was quite entertaining to watch, but if they want to stand a chance against Holland they have to work on their actual goal-shooting skills, since three of their chances where so absolutly 100% crazy_o.gif

Many teams would have the potential to beat Holland, if they just goddamn concentrate on preventing their defend&rush strategy. But so far they just didnt take the speed of the dutch strikers seriously enough.

Russia totally deserved to win, and the second goal is pure genius in the construction (you have to see the aerial view of the whole action that leads to the goal).

My three favorites (since France is over) are Croatia, Russia and Holland though it gonna be hard for russia but i like good surprise.

Many teams would have the potential to beat Holland, if they just goddamn concentrate on preventing their defend&rush strategy.

Against a perfectly executed counterattack, there is no defence wink_o.gif

The Italians...tried something, still not sure what it was. Guess they tried to hang back and counterattack like they normally do in important matches.

The French tried to apply overwhelming pressure.

The Romanians tried to hang back and wait for the moment to counterattack, and where unable to chance their style of play even when they had to (I won't judge on who was responsible for that whistle.gif ).

None of them really stood a chance despite using very different tactics. Only Spain and Portugal stand a chance of beating them, although Russia played it's last match (and only it's last match) better than expected. One distinct advantage that the Russians have though is that their domestic league starts very differently from the others in Western Europe, so they are more physically fit than most other players that are at the end of the season, and have played 50-70 matches.

Sweden on the other hand allowed the match to develop the way it did, or rather their coach. Why they haven't sacked that useless coach yet is just unbelievable. He manages to squeeze some really talented/experienced attacking midfielders and strikers into a system that doesn't use their skills at all.

The main emphasis is on not conceding a goal rather than making goals of their own, which they are more than easily capable of with guys like Ibrahimovic, Larson, Wilhelmson (although he didn't play the last match) Kallstrom and Ljungberg. He fields far too many players with a defensive mindset.

Holland knows that we most likely won't be able to prevent teams like Portugal or Spain scoring, so we aim at making as many goals of our own to (hopefully) end up on the right side of the score. Sweden's strategy seemed to be aimed at going out in the first round with as little conceded goals as possible, a terrible waste of potential.

and Thunderbird criticized Russia earlier rofl.gif. Just wait till we send those Dutch packing. If we can win this Euro cup I will be partying pistols.gif

and Thunderbird criticized Russia earlier  rofl.gif. Just wait till we send those Dutch packing. If we can win this Euro cup I will be partying  pistols.gif

sending dutch packing might be easy, but croatia.....  might send us packing, because they are good. Its only if we survive game agains't Dutch. So don't the hopes up, We will never win EURO 2008.

All right, 40 min to go... I predict Protugal will win 3:1 against us. goodnight.gif

and Thunderbird criticized Russia earlier  rofl.gif. Just wait till we send those Dutch packing. If we can win this Euro cup I will be partying  pistols.gif

Did it according to the low-show illustrated with the first match, the russian team was physically weak, almost unable to reach the spanish side after the 70th minute.

But Gus Hiddink has magically raised the level of the group by carrying out many changes (re-introduction of Arshavin, tactical changes...) and there is no way to complain now when a team reaches such an unexpected offensive level.

The match opposing Russia to Holland is undoubtedly going to be entertaining.

Regards,

TB

All right, 40 min to go... I predict Protugal will win 3:1 against us. goodnight.gif

I predict you´ll burn in the non-ofp arcade hell for that statement wink_o.gif

1:1 - and then we´ll crush them in the Elfmeterschiessen yay.gif

Excellent match, had it all. Great one to watch for the neutral viewer. Portugal had the better players, Germany had the better team. Congrats to the latter thumbs-up.gif

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Go Germany! Awsome match. FUCK YEAH!

...and here we go again, re-run (I hope)

EDIT: oh raedor, you have put a bet on portugal, right? biggrin_o.gif

But I wouldn't count on winning this time. Germany played a whole lot differently now than it did against Croatia. If Croatia does get past Turkey, which is questionable given the outstanding preformance of the turks, then they might meet a whole other German opponent.

which is questionable given the outstanding preformance of the turks

Don't think so...we are ready and in full strength.

Yeah Turks are good, but most dangerous in last minutes, so if we pull this right I think we can win.

Wow that was simply amazing and really, really unexpected yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Absolute great team and an outstanding Schweinsteiger... Party in Munich now biggrin_o.gif

What an awesome game between Portugal and Deutschland!

Loved to watch it... Schweinsteiger played wonderfully and even Ballack! On Portugal's side one note to Postiga that is quite mocked around here but played much better than Nuno Gomes...

My bet was on Germany and they didn't disappoint me, what did though, was the Portuguese national team's staff and the press that instantly labeling the match as lost due to the referee's mistakes... mad_o.gif That is definitely undeserved, even the push they claim on Paulo Ferreira by Klose in the second goal, was so small and irrelevant than not even the Portuguese defender contested it!

I just hope the remaining games keep with this level of game play, fast and interesting!

Wow that was simply amazing and really, really unexpected  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Absolute great team and an outstanding Schweinsteiger... Party in Munich now biggrin_o.gif

What are u doing here? GO party !!! wink_o.gif

what did though, was the Portuguese national team's staff and the press that instantly labeling the match as lost due to the referee's mistakes... mad_o.gif That is definitely undeserved, even the push they claim on Paulo Ferreira by Klose in the second goal, was so small and irrelevant than not even the Portuguese defender contested it

I just would like to say this:

I think the Referees in general Should Always Have the Power and obligation to use the EXISTING FAULTS in the Replays to decide particular cases and use them as they should to make the game more fair for both sides.

Its really Sad when Decisive Faults are not seen/committed by the Referees when they do appear on replays, these situations should be brought to justice instead of not do shit about it.

This problem is one of the main reasons why i start to dislike Football for decades.

Wish the best for the remaining teams smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think the Referees in general Should Always Have the Power and obligation to use the EXISTING FAULTS in the Replays to decide particular cases and use them as they should to make the game more fair for both sides.

A match would take 2 and a half hours then.

In the end it´s still a game and as we all know you can sort of cheat in games. Where would be all the fun if you couldn´t blame the referree pistols.giftounge2.gif

I was really surprised by the germany match. Very god one and the portugese only had very little chances to get into play. I guess Ronaldo was a little bit frustrated biggrin_o.gif

Too bad that the uberhammer from Podolski didn´t make it into the goal. What a shot.

Congratulations to Germany, they won the match with justice.

This match was really improper for cardiacs, and i'm sure that if we had 5 more min we would score the equalizer...

I'm sad for the stupid way that we allow the 2 goals, and the most ridiculous was that the Germans players in the press conference 2 days ago said that Portugal week point was the keeper and the corners/free kicks. Looks like they were totally correct and studied the lesson well.

Shame on Paulo Ferreira, Ricardo and Ricardo Carvalho. Schweinsteiger did some great runs.

Incredible match from Deco, Bosingwa on the side line, Postiga for the goal in a so difficult time, that totally alone did the possible and impossible. Still can't understand the "spoiled kid " that Simão shows to be, Nani pisses me off to for not passing more often, aldo that in the 2nd goal he did an outstanding job running way from the 3 piranhas he had chasing him.

And for the record, that moment in the German goal and Ferreira being pushed is NOT penalty at all. He was pushed, but this is football not ballet.

The so full of "I'm better then the best ever" Ronaldo was a disappointment to me... He struggled like hell in this match, but i couldn't see any magic moments like i saw the entire year in Man.United. Maybe next World Cup we can finally get to the final if he stop being so presumptuous.

I'm happy for Scolari...the fact that i won't see him again here for a loooooong time is refreshing. We won't be worst served i suppose..

My heart now goes to Holland because they are almost the only team with a perfumed soccer. Van Basten was my fav player of ALL times, and he built a team with the spirit with his playing style.

I like Croatia to, so a final between them would be cool.

Germany also plays great ( in that famous lethal counter attack), but i'm kind of pissed with them naturally. confused_o.gif

ANYWAY...FORÇA PORTUGAL FOREVER!

Where would be all the fun if you couldn´t blame the referree

yeah i think your right on that one  biggrin_o.gif

Its always nice to have a "sheep"

hihi ^^

Once again germany surprise us all by a great performance when they are expected to struggle.

It's not often Scholari is outwitted but in this case cudos to the Germans.

Once again germany surprise us all by a great performance when they are expected to struggle.

It's not often Scholari is outwitted but in this case cudos to the Germans.

What a way for Ballack to impress his new boss eh! smile_o.gif