Sign in to follow this  
raedor

UEFA Euro 2008

Oh aye, I understand rooting for your team. I'm a Nottingham Forest supporter, so I know all about falling from grace and blaming other things but ourselves (although money for us was a huge legitimate reason for our fall from grace).

I'm also half english and danish, so neither of my teams made it to Euro 08, so more reason for me to be bitter.

Some background info on the trainer insident during the Germany-Austria match:

The German trainer(Löw) was supporting his team and the referee didn't like that and sent him a few times back, though Löw still was in the coaching zone.

Then the referee startet the same with the Austrian trainer and Löw told him he should leave both trainers alone. This resulted in the ban of Löw from the field and the Austrian trainer said "if he goes than I leave, too"

So both trainers understood each others well, it was the referee who lost his nervs!

I can play the cool guy saying "duh, we lose because we've screwed up all our occasions to score" right now, I'm pretty sure, if things go ill, I'll be moaning and cursing tomorrow how we've been robbed wink_o.gif

One more half time to go and be ready to hear me wink_o.gif

I'm still hoping Romania win, then at least there's some consolation for you whisper.

I'm also half english and danish, so neither of my teams made it to Euro 08, so more reason for me to be bitter.

I wonder why tounge2.gif

I'll be honest that I laughed when England didn't make it to Euro 08. A well needed wake up call.

Denmark not making it was gutting. Granted they're never going to win it again for the foreseeable future, but they've always been that fun little underdog to have a long for the competition. They've certainly done their damage on a much better teams in the past.

oh well, there's always 2010.

Congratulation Italia for a dramatic win.

As for Holland they make it seem like they are in a different class all together. thumbs-up.gif

I'll be honest that I laughed when England didn't make it to Euro 08. A well needed wake up call.

Denmark not making it was gutting. Granted they're never going to win it again for the foreseeable future, but they've always been that fun little underdog to have a long for the competition. They've certainly done their damage on a much better teams in the past.

oh well, there's always 2010.

Are you coming to Zagreb in september?

Maybe we'll bitter your life once again tounge2.gif

lol, no, I'll be safely hidden away here in Copenhagen. Hopefully will go to some of the Denmark qualifiers at home.

Damn, Italy is through, IMHO none of both deserved it, Romania didn't as well, but that'd have been funny at least.

@kavo: Errr? As far as I saw it Hicke was sent off first and Löw was only sent off as well as he has still been complaining?

beaten by comedia del arte....wrong wrong wrong

Damn, Italy is through, IMHO none of both deserved it.

My thoughts exaclty. For being the world champion I'd expected better performance from them, but this was subpar playing from both France and Italy. They simply could've played better.

The only players who actually played on form in the Italy-France match were the keepers. Both teams have been extremely disappointing all tournament.

btw, those of you doing the betting league can place your bets for the scores for the quarter-final matches now:

http://www.kicktipp.de/

Only the opposition for the Holland-Sweden/Russia game is yet to be determined.

Huge disappointment.

The french team was having a significant potential, but was very badly exploited and the issues that occured during the match didn't help neither (Ribery's injury, Abidal kicked...).

I hope the young generation will be ready for the incoming World Cup in South-Africa, and of course, with a new coach.

My support goes to Turkey now as it is the weakest team of these quarterfinals.

Regards,

TB

Damn, Italy is through, IMHO none of both deserved it, Romania didn't as well, but that'd have been funny at least.

@kavo: Errr? As far as I saw it Hicke was sent off first and Löw was only sent off as well as he has still been complaining?

I only repeated Löws words from the interview wink_o.gif

But in my view Löw was the first who had been sent off.

Woha, quite unexpected results so far... wow_o.gif

Yeah-yeah, we finally did it. Pavlyuchenko is beauty, but why can't he make so much perfect goal moments real? Arrgh... crazy_o.gif

Now awaiting for dutch coach vs. dutch team battle.

We don't have much chances against Holland, but we'll try to sell ourselves as expensive as we can. pistols.gif

Didn't watch any of the matches this evening... any comments? Was Russia's win deserved? huh.gif

Looking at your emoticon I think, that you doubt we deserved win. But me thinks 2:0 count with many good, but unrealised moments says it all.

Looking at your emoticon I think, that you doubt we deserved win. But me thinks 2:0 count with many good, but unrealised moments says it all.

No, I have no idea how the match was going, was just asking... the shortcut for this smiley is<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? ? ?

Congrats to Russia! smile_o.gif

Russia & sweden had the most entertaining game sofar imho, that shooting gallery stuff the dutch pulled off last week put aside biggrin_o.gif

At some point it got me even more excited than germany vs. poland, sadly Pawljutschenko (wasnt spelt like that on his jersey) missed 2 nice opportunites.