Sign in to follow this  
raedor

UEFA Euro 2008

The Netherlands are simply amazing smile_o.gif I can't wait to see their next match, though I'd like to see Romania becoming 2nd in the group.

Congrats!

It looks like we will be eating French sausage mash tomorrow for breakfast :blues:

4-1 (really 4-0, since the French got the ball through a foul on van Nistelrooij, and Henry was offside)

Ahem..... as much as I respect NL play tonight, Henry was NOT offside, and that's closing your eyes on certain NL hands stopping goal shots, hands that did not belong to a goalkeeper wink_o.gif

But congrats anyway

The killing goal was Robben 3rd. Without this one, NL was not THAT confident at some point. Robben just killed the match.

Quite a sad day.

Congrats to Holland, they showed us how offensive Football should be played, despite our numerous attempts to reach Van der Sar's area.

Quote[/b] ]really 4-0, since the French got the ball through a foul on van Nistelrooij, and Henry was offside)

Don't push your luck that far, heh.

As stated above, a penalty should have been given to France for the use of hands within the dutch square.

Actually, we still have a chance to qualify but only if we beat Italy and Holland defeats Romania.

Therefore, I fully support the Dutch here, heh.

Regards,

TB

Ahem..... as much as I respect NL play tonight, Henry was NOT offside, and that's closing your eyes on certain NL hands stopping goal shots, hands that did not belong to a goalkeeper wink_o.gif

But congrats anyway

The killing goal was Robben 3rd. Without this one, NL was not THAT confident at some point. Robben just killed the match.

If you fall onto the ball (gravity is a bitch), with the defender having both his hands below his body, with his back turned to the ball, only the worst referee in the world can give the other side a penalty wink_o.gif

The Robben goal was pure justice for a bad decision by the referee. When the pass to Henry is sent, it's pure offside. Also not to mention Makelele, which should have been sent off for hitting van der Vaart in the head twice on purpose (using his arms as flails), the referees before the tournament clearly being instructed to give red cards for this. Overall the referee sucked *ss. No feel for the game, whistling at every small foul. He was a lot worse than the Swedish ref we had in the first match, who really understood what was going on, and who let football prevail above all.

Well... if you ask me: It never was a penalty and the 2:1 was okay as well wink_o.gif

Great match, this made me really enthusiastic about NL and its possibilities in this Euro. Beating I and F with +3 goals... just cool. thumbs-up.gif

Yes, the guy is a good dancer to make it look like "oooh, I'm so sorry, I stopped your goal with my hand, but really, it's not my fault!!!".

Penalty, period. He trying to turn his back from the shooter, arms straight forward right into the ball. In fact, he is doing exactly what a goalkeeper would be doing tounge2.gif Unfortunately, he's not a goalkeeper biggrin_o.gif

As for offside, I watch it again and again, I can't see it.

You see, you don't even like to take goals against you. You're going to have to learn to deal with it, I'm afraid, seeing your defense.

Portugal is not France or Italia wink_o.gif When they have opportunities, they put it inside (not above, like Henry did wink_o.gif ). And NL give A LOT of opportunities to their opponents.

As much as the offense is unrivaled so far in the EC, I wonder how a more balanced team can fare against NL.

But well, the midfield + offense is that good that it's likely to be this year winner smile_o.gif

Which, imho, compared to last Euro, is refreshing.

As for offside, I watch it again and again, I can't see it.

You see, you don't even like to take goals against you. You're going to have to learn to deal with it, I'm afraid, seeing your defense.

Not when they're made in an offside position wink_o.gif

I took the time to capture two images, one just before the pass on Henry, the second one just after Sagnol gives the pass. Watch the positions of both their feet. The defender with Henry is the closest to the line = last defender. Both show Henry ahead of the defender = offside.

snapshot20080614_1.jpg

snapshot20080614_2.jpg

Does it only depend on the feet? In both pics it looks like the body of the NL player is closer to the line, hard to judge, though, due to the perspective.

Does it only depend on the feet? In both pics it looks like the body of the NL player is closer to the line, hard to judge, though, due to the perspective.

Yeah, that's why I can understand that they allowed it, it's pretty much impossible to see without after action replays.

Yup, not only is it far from obvious, it's just more than debatable.

If there is ever offside, it's by something like 5cm of Henry's foot ahead. The rest of the body is ok.

Funny how not even 5cm is "pure offside" (lol?) when at the same time you close your eyes on a hand way more debatable tounge2.gif

You took a goal, it's not the last one, again I can guarantee that. Deal with it. But keep rooting for your team wink_o.gif

Talking about referee, is it me or is the current one a bit sided against Spain?

Spain is a fucking faggot team anyway.

Relax thumbs-up.gif . It's not all over for Sweden.

Spain is a fucking faggot team anyway.

Relax thumbs-up.gif . It's not all over for Sweden.

Im not relaxing. I just hate spain.

Does it only depend on the feet?

no, any body part with which you could possibly shoot a goal counts!

Anyhow, this discussion is silly. No ref is able to see and judge these mili-second events with 100% accuracy. Soccer is about humans, whoever doesnt like the error margin that comes with it should play Pong instead!

Good matches so far. Austria. we will rip you into pieces! nener.gif

Yeah, that's why I can understand that they allowed it, it's pretty much impossible to see without after action replays.

Because there was a dutch player behind the goalkeeper, outside of tne ground, covering the action. Or maybe in the public ? tounge2.gif

Wow, what a game! (Turkey-Czech)

The first time I saw a goalie see red and a field player taking his part! crazy_o.gif

Wow, what a game! (Turkey-Czech)

The first time I saw a goalie see red and a field player taking his part! crazy_o.gif

Yeah! Amazing! Truly amazing! Man oh man, what a turn of events. I was rooting for the Czech, but I think Turkey totally deserved to win judging by it's preformance throughout the whole game and especially at the end. Holy moly, that was quite an ending! Come on!

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Switzerland played so much better than Portugal!

Portugal got its a** kicked just because of its arrogance. They left Ronaldo, Simão and Deco in the bench and the whole team broke apart... Miguel Veloso is so much better than Petit and proved it today, as did Postiga instead of Nuno Gomes and still Scolari stubbornly chooses Nuno Gomes...

I am sad the Czechs lost but oh well, Turkey is always a hard opponent. I just hope Portugal looses again with Croatia and Holland wins the Cup nener.gif

[MODMODE]

PrivateNoob, I can totally understand that you are/were upset, but this does not mean you don't have to mind your language here. +1WL

[/MODMODE]

Haha, hardrock, I was just about to ask you if you still can ignore the Euro here in Vienna. But I won't be here when Croatia meets Turkey in the Happel stadium, I'm sure there'll be many people on the streets, it possibly can be as many as we'll see tomorrow when Austria meets Germany biggrin_o.gif This match was incredible. For some seconds I thought CZ got a penalty when Volkan saw the red card, this would've been the coolest end for the match, with a penalty shootout... but still, very interesting to see, after a not too interesting first half.

Funny thing is that the austrian commentator on ORF said in the half time that if CZ manages to shoot the 2:0, Turkey "certainly" won't be able to turn that match... haha nener.gif

What a disappointment tonight...Scolari really is a dumbass when he thought that we could build a starting 11 with 8 new guys...wtf was he thinking about at the halftime?? lets keep watching this embarrassment? The Portuguese bench was the more expensive bench from the entire Euro08 i suppose..

I give him 3 months in Chelsea...

The referee was really bad to, specially by the anti-play whistle paranoia. Not that he really influenced the end result.

Funny that Scolary blames and insinuates some conspiracy theory...He's the worst loser i know. no fair play at all.

Congrats to les Switzerland for the great match they performed and totally deserved the victory.

Sorry for CZ team...have just seen the quick review of the match and it was totally insane. Congrats to Turkey, it seems they deserved it!

NBSVieiraPT your wishes for your own nation to lose the next match are really childish ( i don't won't to be more rude to avoid warnings) and makes me really doubt of your nationality....

And pzl don't bother to start a flamewar...

Força Portugal!!

Quote[/b] ]NBSVieiraPT your wishes for your own nation to lose the next match are really childish

this is maybe a psychological tactic; he hopes the worst for having the best. biggrin_o.gif

@ June 15 2008,23:29)]What a disappointment tonight...Scolari really is a dumbass when he thought that we could build a starting 11 with 8 new guys...wtf was he thinking about at the halftime?? lets keep watching this embarrassment? The Portuguese bench was the more expensive bench from the entire Euro08 i suppose..

I give him 3 months in Chelsea...

The referee was really bad to, specially by the anti-play whistle paranoia. Not that he really influenced the end result.

Funny that Scolary blames and insinuates some conspiracy theory...He's the worst loser i know. no fair play at all.

Congrats to les Switzerland for the great match they performed and totally deserved the victory.

Sorry for CZ team...have just seen the quick review of the match and it was totally insane. Congrats to Turkey, it seems they deserved it!

NBSVieiraPT your wishes for your own nation to lose the next match are really childish ( i don't won't to be more rude to avoid warnings) and makes me really doubt of your nationality....

And pzl don't bother to start a flamewar...

Força Portugal!!

Sorry if your nationality is defined on how hard you support 23 prima donnas in some tournament...

Mine is defined by principles. And one of those is the love of my identity and I don't identify in my national team which ditches good portuguese players to nationalize brazilian ones just because the manager said so.

If you didn't want a flamewar, why you thought attacking me in a post isn't the start of one? If in the future you have any of those remarks about my person to make please refrain from posting them here and send them by PM. Thanks

I've got to admit, that Turkey match was perhaps the best one I have ever seen biggrin_o.gif

3 goals in 15 minutes was really impressive!

Abs