Sign in to follow this  
raedor

UEFA Euro 2008

I think that the fast and progressive style (Portugal, Netherlands, Germany) will dominate this EC, since especially Portugal and Germany already tried that during the last WC (Netherlands had no chance to do so wink_o.gif ) and ended up third.

Now both teams have learned much more and will be able to beat these "pure defence" teams.

Wait and see then.

Spain is playing very well, the middle-offense part is very active and deliver incredibly accurate passes.

Regards,

TB

Spain is playing very well, the middle-offense part is very active and deliver incredibly accurate passes.

I disagree. While Spain may be doing alright, it is both their style of play (the waiting game) and the Russian inability to defend that make it look better than it is. What Russia is doing is just naive, defending the way they are against players like Torres and Villa.

It's a team that might do well in 2010 (provided they qualify, which was hard enough for this tournament), but right now they're just not good enough to really challenge Spain.

Well, if Spain would have played in such a way during the WC 2006 then it would have undoubtedly got ride of France.

Their style improved a lot, they are faster and dare to attack in the middle axis instead of flanking as they are used to do.

The russian defense was just surpassed.

Regards,

TB

I'm just wathing the summary of Greece-Sweden and I'm glad I didn't waste my time ^^

Russian vs. Spain game was very fun to watch, first "not boring game" of UEFA 2008  smile_o.gif Liked how Pavluchenko tried to score by hit the bar, if it wasn't the bar this would have been very nice goal. But he did a nice job with that header goal. But it was too late for russia.... but spain goals looked easy, and without any style, jsut usual everyday goals, russian defense made it like that...

Russian vs. Spain game was very fun to watch, first "not boring game" of UEFA 2008 smile_o.gif Liked how Pavluchenko tried to score by hit the bar, if it wasn't the bar this would have been very nice goal. But he did a nice job with that header goal. But it was too late for russia.... but spain goals looked easy, and without any style, jsut usual everyday goals, russian defense made it like that...

Did you not watch Holland - Italy? I hardly think that match qualifies as ‘a boring game’. Most of the other games are somewhat of a disappointment though. The worst being Sweden – Greece, with France – Romania just behind. Shameless display of anti football.

Holland.jpg

Go Holland, make us proud once more!

Russian vs. Spain game was very fun to watch, first "not boring game" of UEFA 2008 smile_o.gif Liked how Pavluchenko tried to score by hit the bar, if it wasn't the bar this would have been very nice goal. But he did a nice job with that header goal. But it was too late for russia.... but spain goals looked easy, and without any style, jsut usual everyday goals, russian defense made it like that...

Did you not watch Holland - Italy? I hardly think that match qualifies as ‘a boring game’. Most of the other games are somewhat of a disappointment though. The worst being Sweden – Greece, with France – Romania just behind. Shameless display of anti football.

[im]http://www.xs4all.nl/~bramstev/Holland.jpg[/img]

She has a fine pair of assets..... I love wings! biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

Few hours from CZ X Portugal match and i sincerely wish that we have an entertaining match.

My guess is 2-0 for Portugal. Due to my support to BIS, the CZ team is one of the few teams i usually support, so this time a victory won't feel so good. If by any chance we draw or lose, it won't be that hard to. So whatever happens i will have a nice sunny afternoon in Porto main avenue, watching the game in a big screen,with fresh beers and hot crazy chicks around ( hope that i catch an angel like that crazy dutch chick!wink_o.gif

Cya l8r folks!

Russian vs. Spain game was very fun to watch, first "not boring game" of UEFA 2008  smile_o.gif Liked how Pavluchenko tried to score by hit the bar, if it wasn't the bar this would have been very nice goal. But he did a nice job with that header goal. But it was too late for russia.... but spain goals looked easy, and without any style, jsut usual everyday goals, russian defense made it like that...

No didn't watch it, didn't have time to watch that game..

No didn't watch it, didn't have time to watch that game..

Shame, it was quite a spectacle. If you have the opportunity try to catch a replay of the match. It’ll be worth it.

@ June 11 2008,15:18)]Few hours from CZ X Portugal match and i sincerely wish that we have an entertaining match.

My guess is 2-0 for Portugal. Due to my support to BIS, the CZ team is one of the few teams i usually support, so this time a victory won't feel so good. If by any chance we draw or lose, it won't be that hard to. So whatever happens i will have a nice sunny afternoon in Porto main avenue, watching the game in a big screen,with fresh beers and hot crazy chicks around ( hope that i catch an angel like that crazy dutch chick!wink_o.gif

Cya l8r folks!

Congratulations on your victory against the Czechs. You’re basically in the quarterfinals now.

Ironically one of Holland’s most distinguishable supporters, the angel girl, emigrated from Latvia.

Switzerland didn't deserve to lose, this last minute goal was pure luck in my opinion confused_o.gif

Maybe so, but they didn't deserve to win either.

Turkey played well in the second half and I reckon they would have been better in the first if the pitch wasn't waterlogged. Given the conditions I reckon a draw would have been about right.

The match between Switzerland and Turkey was more than a simple match, it was definitely a battle, an impressive one to say the least.

Both played well and it was a pleasant match to watch.

Congrats to Turkey (They still have to beat the Czech, which isn't going to be an easy task) and to Portugal.

Regards,

TB

ey folks, looks like we won 3-1... however I am a bit disappointed with the overall performance...Maybe i was too demanding but after watching the match against Turkey i thought we were perfectly tuned at last. But somehow our midfield was not working promptly and we had a bad time while was 1-1. I saw so many CZ wasted runs that i got this feeling of being lucky. Watching the end result i shouldn't feel this way, but that's how i feel...

We won thanks to Ronaldo talent on that nowhere far kick, the altruist (not normal) pass to Quaresma and Deco great performance. Couple of players kind of disappointed me, but that's normal i guess.

I'm sure next match will be an excellent "practice" match to test alternative players, so maybe we can come back to a flawless performance again.

Couldn't see Turkey X Switzerland match but i heard they scored in the end. Sincerely hope CZ passes along Portugal to the next round, even that they didn't played that offensive as they used.

L8r

Russia was physically too weak, the defense was rarely in place during spanish counter-attacks.

Without even to mention the fact that Russia played without its best attackers (Arshavin...).

Actually, I don't think they can beat Sweden or Greece.

Regards,

TB

dale0404, please do not quote hotlinked images. smile_o.gif

Germany played unbelievable... bad!

Only the final offensive had some qualities and players like Gomez or Klose weren't worth a thing! Changes came much too late and the red card for Schweinsteiger at the end was sooo exagerated... I still can't believe it, he was the one who had been fouled and a red card.... banghead.gifband.gif Completly stupid referee.

And than the Germans were even so stupid and discussed there last two minutes away, earning another yellow card... AHHH banghead.gif

What a surprise! Congrats to Croatians for defeating one of the best football teams.

This entertaining match shows how the competition is open, and how hard is to value the actual teams since as previously stated,

the performance showed with the first matches never say it all.

Regards,

TB

Hehe Germany makes the competition thrilling biggrin_o.gif

k@voven the referee was right this was an total overheated action and foul from Schweinsteiger. Anyway offense make points/goals and defense wins the game.

Rumors say if Italy win the next match the team can watch little surprise /hint: search for Elena Santarelli

Well, Croatia deserved to win, in the first half there were a couple of chances... in the sceond half they weren't soo much better anymore, but still. The red card was alright, it was one of those you actually can give, but you don't have to. confused_o.gif

BTW Austria was way better than Poland...

Crazy 2nd half between Romania and Italy, Italians needed less than a minute to equalize...

Well, Croatia deserved to win, in the first half there were a couple of chances... in the sceond half they weren't soo much better anymore, but still. The red card was alright, it was one of those you actually can give, but you don't have to. confused_o.gif

BTW Austria was way better than Poland...

Yeah, the Croatians did play better in the end, but still, damn it Germany! You can't let the Croats win damn it!

It's really wierd when you're one of three rooting for germany in a bar full of red checkers. Still, no fight though.