Sign in to follow this  
raedor

UEFA Euro 2008

We're getting closer and as I am living in Vienna currently, there's no way to ignore this year's Euro! The public viewing area sadly ends shortly before the uni, so we still have to work during the Euro.

Some links:

General football, for those who don't know what we are talking about.

World Cup 2002

UEFA Euro 2004

World Cup 2006

I'd love to see Greece win again, but I doubt that this is going to happen... Turkey, NL... CZ? I'll see the first matches and decide then. Didn't watch football for some time now.

BTW I didn't start a poll as there are max 10 options to add.

BTW2: ArmedAssault.info started a betting group here, it's free and the price is to be named in a news tounge2.gif

Even though there are no British teams qualified to play this summer, I can't wait for for Euro 2008.

Problem is, I don't really know who to support this time; I've got a tremendous amount of respect for most of the teams in the competition.

Is anyone interested in doing fantasy football competition? It'll take two seconds to sort out.

Is anyone interested in doing fantasy football competition? It'll take two seconds to sort out.

You mean like the one that Raedor put in the opening post? (assuming that is what you mean with fantasy football)

The Guardian did an article about who the British Public will be supporting during the Euro ... they had a vote and ironically I think it was Germany!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football

Ah... no, that would be too ironic ^^

1.8% Spain

96.3% Holland

0.2% Romania

1.3% Germany

0.3% Sweden

Think the winner is quite clear wink_o.gif

But the article http://www.guardian.co.uk/footbal....allteam

is really great biggrin_o.gif

1.8% Spain

96.3% Holland

0.2% Romania

1.3% Germany

0.3% Sweden

I wish all our matches were this easy sad_o.gif

The Guardian did an article about who the British Public will be supporting during the Euro ... they had a vote and ironically I think it was Germany!

1.8% Spain

96.3% Holland

0.2% Romania

1.3% Germany

0.3% Sweden

Ah I was looking for that! I only read it the other day and it seemed to be that Germany where in the lead! Holland does sound like a good team to support though smile_o.gif

1.8%    Spain

96.3%  Holland

0.2%    Romania

1.3%    Germany

0.3%    Sweden

well look who supports Holland in that video blog. Who can be a better promoter??

You mean like the one that Raedor put in the opening post? (assuming that is what you mean with fantasy football)

No I mean the type where you pick players from the competion for your own team, they get points depending on how they play and the person with the most points at the end is obviously the winner.

I can't wait for the start of the Championship/Premiership season, Euro 2008 doesn't exist for me and I won't be watching any of it smile_o.gif

I can't wait for the start of the Championship/Premiership season, Euro 2008 doesn't exist for me and I won't be watching any of it smile_o.gif

It's hard to avoid it over in the UK when ITV and the BBC cancel normal programming just to show "everyone else's" teams playing in the Euro lol. tounge2.gif

Austria is just 10 clicks away from hometown but I won't be attending any of the matches, hey what do we have plasmas/LCDs for? smile_o.gif

We're getting closer and as I am living in Vienna currently, there's no way to ignore this year's Euro!

Oh, there certainly is ... crazy_o.gif

We're getting closer and as I am living in Vienna currently, there's no way to ignore this year's Euro!

Oh, there certainly is ... crazy_o.gif

I have been asking for a two-bed room here in the 17th district (= far from city centre), the weekend of the finals it is 140€ per night... instead of the normal 32€, on Friday before the finals it is "only" 64€ biggrin_o.gif

But we'll see, maybe you can ignore it when you are hiding somewhere in Ottakring... tounge2.gif

Looks like I have to drink some beers in a pub now daily, as I don't have TV here. whistle.gif

Looks like I have to drink some beers in a pub now daily, as I don't have TV here. whistle.gif

Oh no! The horror! Please, allow me to sacrficie myself for you! Please!

Good idea to support the dutch, the dutch army is coming to the swiss too...

rutgertankgstv.jpg

Yes it really is painted orange.. tounge2.gif

That thing would rule for crown control rofl.gif

Fabio Cannavaro will not be playing due to a severe ankle (IIRC) injury. A glimmer of hope for us, however unpleasant.

Fabio Cannavaro will not be playing due to a severe ankle (IIRC) injury. A glimmer of hope for us, however unpleasant.

Yep, that's a loss for Italy and the whole Euro as well. One more reason why Italy is not gonna win it.

That thing would rule for crown control rofl.gif

Well. Cannavaro in the last two years didn't play as Juventus 2004/2005/2006 and Germany 2006 level. I saw some Real Madrid matches, and that was not the real Cannavaro.

Chiellini in the last year played well in Juventus, it was one of the best Serie A defender.

The main problem for Italy are the other central defender...Materazzi (this year didn't play well, he did a lot of big mistakes...Barzagli..don't know why he will play Euro 2008...). Also the goalkeeper this year was not at Juventus & Germany 2006 Level. He had some physical problem, he did miracles when he played but he did also mistakes. I hope that Buffon will play well, he is the main player for us.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english. icon_rolleyes.gif

Even without Cannavaro, the 'Azzuris' will keep representing a serious threat to any other team, specifically after the return of Del Piero (The top scorer of the main italian league).

During almost all big events, italians have always shown how good they can become during rude periods.

The 'Oranjes' won't be easy to deal with neither, especially now that they have very good and fast attackers.

But fortunately the dutch defense isn't as effective as the attack.

So, there is a chance Benzema, Anelka, Henry or Ribery would get through.

Regards,

TB

Forza Azzurri! notworthy.gif

Hope we'll see entertaining and high quality football, no stupid headbutting etc.