Sign in to follow this  
NZXSHADOWS

M1114 Uparmored

Any chance they are SLX Vehicle compatible? They look freakin awesome.

i was gonna suggest u combine this with the slx vehicles

I was considering modelling a 2008 uparmored version.. things I noticed were, tires slightly bigger than Arma, mirrors slightly lower, entire chassie lower and adding mudflaps. Also wanted to add anti sniper system ( round orb on the back end) and anti IED system, check them out at militaryphotos.net

nice job so far though, keep up the good work

I was considering modelling a 2008 uparmored version.. things I noticed were, tires slightly bigger than Arma, mirrors slightly lower, entire chassie lower and adding mudflaps.  Also wanted to add anti sniper system ( round orb on the back end) and anti IED system, check them out at militaryphotos.net

nice job so far though, keep up the good work

How about an hybrid engine to keep the thing running tounge2.gif

Looks great look forward to a release

great thing! Realy awsome

Good to seean uparmored car there!

Hope it will be ingame !! Please!!

notworthy.gifyay.gifnotworthy.giffirefoxlover.gif

It does look sweet, but i just hope it lasts a bit longer than the BIS hummers. There death traps and in the hands of the AI there pretty crap.

Not really. They're aren't even made by the same company. BAE makes CROWS while Kongsberg makes Protector.

The CROWS-II, which has only been announced by BAE ~12 days ago, is ALOT like the Protector but CROWS (I) differs significantly. By the way...the Kongsberg Protector uses BAE thermal sights...

Here's the next gen CROWS-II:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images...._lg.jpg

You'll notice the BAE thermal optic just below the weapon and ammo can and feed system are VERY similar to one on Protector...well, cause they are the same thermal unit.

CROWS:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/ORD_RWS_CROWS_50-cal_lg.jpg

Is different from Protector:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....126.jpg

And thus you have been schooled - free of charge of course wink_o.gif.

also read here

http://www.upi.com/Interna....305

LEXINGTON, Mass., May 20 (UPI) -- Kongsberg Defense & Aerospace has subcontracted BAE Systems for thermal imaging modules under the U.S. Army Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station II program.

the weapons platform itself was contracted to Kongsberg for them to make a variant of the protector for the humvee's, the only major difference is the optics and station in the vehicle

Excuse the double post but this isn't related to my last one.

NZX and I are collaborating on this project. Below is my contribution to the cause:

crowsonhmmwvjg4.jpg

Not much of an upadate. but it's current. Might change to a different turret an doors..

H4.jpg

h5.jpg

Looks much more badass now that it's lower.

will be only variation the Uparmored Hmw?

Damn that thing is fugly tounge2.gif But since it's just as fugly as in real life I must say you are spot on and are doing a great job tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Progress looks very good. I wanted to say you should lower the ground clearence as all the added weight makes it hang a bit lower, but it seems you already did.

There are many different version of the HMMWV out there though. I personally think there are nicer gunner stations (turrets), but luckily the rest that is often theonly thing that is different from other HMMWV's, so if you want to do different version all you have to do is change the turret. But for now, I guess one version is more than enough work.

Keep it up!

The bumper is a bit too thick. It looks too heavy so to speak.

But the rest is looking very good, the batteries crapped out this weekend when I was looking thrue a brand new humvee on a open house of the dutch army. With some other Nato countries represented. But the humvee was fully kitted out with all sorts of stuff, actually there isnt that much space in the front for the co driver. And I didnt even have all the equipment on.

It was completly desert tan, except the bumpers front and back were painted matt black.

And the inside of the doors/interior had a 2cm layer of that soft foam stuff you would put inside your guncase.

It wasnt standing as low as the humvee your making on the last pictures.

I cannot believe I dont have pictures of that. I couldnt find batteries anywhere. sad_o.gif

Here is alil pic of the doors from the pix VXR sent me. There not exact but close. still need some scaleing an crap. But thats no problem. Different turret is on its way. That other turret, i havent seen any on the field pix, So pfft...

An yeah that Front Bump is a bit big.  

H6.jpg

The doors are looking allmost perfectly like i have seen them last sunday.. great job!

Actually your bumper is the right size, I have seen them roll in with the IBIS TEK Bumpers http://www.ibistek.com/

There are many types of new turrents from "Hajji" (made from welded steel) to the GPK that you have on now. If you need anymore info Please PM me

I wonder if rear lights shouldn't have their own model, not just texture.

How about destrution? Have you seen how ArmA2 hummers blow up? Maybe you should try to do something similar? ;p

Any plans to make better engine sounds? I hate every default vehicle sound. Maybe partly because of the same poor sound system they still use. Going from low RPM to high RPM with the same sample! mad_o.gif

Looks good! biggrin_o.gif

Here is alil pic of the doors from the pix VXR sent me. There not exact but close. still need some scaleing an crap. But thats no problem. Different turret is on its way. That other turret, i havent seen any on the field pix, So pfft...

If you wanted to model a correct M1114 HMMV, then the old doors you had were perfect. The new ones you have are like ones on a M1151 HMMV, there are differences to them.

If you wanted to model a correct M1114 HMMV, then the old doors you had were perfect. The new ones you have are like ones on a c HMMV, there are differences to them.

But as far as I can see, also M1114 HMMV have the similar doors as M1151 HMMV, look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:DSCN0065.JPG

and M1151:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/Ameriqu....001.jpg

Oh yeahh good work VXR!!! thumbs-up.gif

I forgot how many pictures you took.