Sign in to follow this  
NZXSHADOWS

M1114 Uparmored

Great work !

As far as I can see, all errors that were written here were fixed(except gunner dead position).

But I found one problem that was on previous version too, I am not sure, maybe its because of textures, take a look:

http://i34.tinypic.com/ixfpk4.png

It happens only when humvee is in the shadow(texture "disappearing"), and it happens also on some other textures on humvee, check yourself.

Edit: maybe you can make "jammer down" as default...but thats only my opinion... whistle.gif

Anyway, top class, thanks NZX.  smile_o.gif

Just downloaded the hummer and i can certainly say im impressed. The only problem im having is the LOD's seem to take a long time to take affect. But that could be my computer. Also the gunner needs  kind of hammock to sit on rather than standing. The hummer cant seem to withstand an RPG tho. Is this something to do with the SLX mod?

Altogether excellent work!

Hmm.. Guess i will check into that when i get home. I will have another release tomorrow. Im thinking of haveing 3 types that are mainly the same like for example.

Mission Editor Names:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

...M1151 (M2)... = Has Rhino, Has Front Bumper

..M1151 (M2).. = Has Front Bumper, No Rhino

M1151 (M2) = No Rhino, No Front Bumper

There will not be 3 different models just hidden selections on one model. Since that would give us more of a variate to choose from. But I'm still just messing around with ideas. If you guys have ideas then lets talk about them.

ckolonko Was thinking about a "Turn In" type deal where the gunner sits in that strap what ever you call it. An about the RPG. Im still working on the armor values. I have to figure out some stuff. This addon has nothing to do with SLX.

Could the jammer being up or down be controlled by the behaviour of the units driving? Like careless would have it up, combat would have it down, etc....

Could the jammer being up or down be controlled by the behaviour of the units driving? Like careless would have it up, combat would have it down, etc....

Yes it could. But when the behavior changes it will not look realistic. For example you are set to Aware an the Rhino is in the down pos. Then OPFOR starts to engage on you an your convoy, Then the Rhino would go back into the up pos. Far as I know the Rhino does not move mechanical it has to be done by hand. thats why I have it set outside the vehicle. But yes it could be that way.

I asked this before but it got lost among all the other unpleasant business.

Would it be possible to make the jamming functional?

I.e. lock out the "touch off (1) bombs" command for any bombs within a radius of the vehicle?

I dont know as of right now. Thats something I will have to look into soon. But yes I want it to work as its supose to. Even if I have to create an IED that goes with these vehicles?

The one thing that needs to be fixed is gunner "dead position", its a little...ehm, take a look:

http://i37.tinypic.com/v5h4q0.png

I think it will be more better and realistic when gunner fall down into the humvee....but I am not sure if that is possible....

The one thing that needs to be fixed is gunner "dead position", its a little...ehm, take a look:

http://i37.tinypic.com/v5h4q0.png

I think it will be more better and realistic when gunner fall down into the humvee....but I am not sure if that is possible....

Pauliesss,

Dead gunner? Wow I'm surprised you don't realize that the unit in your screenshot is clearly drunk, not dead. A little word of advice, put the drunk in the back seat not the gunner spot. biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Seriously though, I'm surprised I've never run in to this bug yet. I probably should go back and check it out.

EDIT:

Yup, I see it now.

It's possible i believe, there is the dead anim for the M113 gunner that should do the work.

One more thing, when the m1151 gets destroyed, i think the bodies of dead soldier should remain in the wreck.

Regarding the RPG hits, I had a convoy of these bad boys go through Rahmadi which was full of 4 squads of SLA infantry with extra RPG guys added and I only lost one vehicle.  So I wouldn't make the armor too strong.  Its really hard to simulate what an RPG does to one of these in real life.  Generally speaking they don't blow up the humvees unless they make contact with fuel or explosives stored inside.  Usually they just blast a hole through the humvee and spray the inside with some shrapnel. Fatalities usually result from either the shrapnel or a direct hit to an occupant from the funnel of high explosives and the copper plug shooting out after it.  

That kind of dammage is really hard to simulate in ArmA unfortunately.  

But regarding the Rhino anti-IED system, yeah that would be super awesome if you get it to work.  Like you said, even a custm IED device that works just with this addon would be fine to me.  I have no problems with that.  You might talk to some of the scripting experts with the Project 85 mod and RKSL mod to see if any of them have any ideas regarding how to best implement such a system.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I like the IED idea. Is there any way of stopping all the windows smashing when you only shoot out one.

Well I dont know for sure, But Im thinking about adding a M1078 when I get these HMMV's finished Maybe even alil M1117. I some what like these vehicle's. An I would like to have them. But its just an idea. What do you guys think?

ASS1.jpg

Ass2.jpg

No complaints with that on my end. I'd love to see those as well.

OMG!!! You just made me shat myself! Damn you! lol!

The FMTV trucks are something that I've been hoping to see first in OFP (never happened) and then in ArmA. That would truly be fantastic if you made that truck especially in the latest uparmored form. The APC is also cool (Is that a version of the V-100?) but I think Vilas already made a couple of nice ones of very similar models. Now a USMC LAV-25 Pirahanna APC would be sweet. smile_o.gif

But for right now, your uparmored humvee is just SUPER sweet and I would recommend that you release it on the Addons: Complete section of the forums as soon as you make the next updates to it. Coupled with Jonny's new SF units that he just released, they are amazing! Adding that FMTV truck would be just amazingly super cool!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the LMTV, 1114, 1151, and the ASV (1117) are the most commonly used vehicles in theater, obviously. i had the misfortune to have to command an LMTV when my 1151 was down for maintenance. poorly armored, extremely poor when compared to the 1151. believe it or not, even 11B (infantry ) uses LMTV's in place of gun trucks (humvees, asv) we've had to use them several times, usually one vehicle per chaulk is an LMTV. all weapons on all trucks were m2s, with the exception of the chaulk commander, the middle truck, which had a 240B. any chances we'll see any 'go-lights' on these vehicles, they are on almost all in theater, and are used to illuminate the sides of the road, to help spot EFP's. remember pals, IED's aren't really killers anymore, it's all EFP and culvert-IEDs. a few 155 rounds, while loud, is basically a joke compared to what it was on my first deployment.

ARe you going to do a green camo M1114 also?

Guess I will. Didnt plan on it. But since we have less Desert type maps, We gonna need some Woodland Camo.

Whoa! just the hummers were nice and now the trucks? its like Christmas! xmas_o.gif