Sign in to follow this  
Hitcher

SPACE INVADERS MOD

I love it!

It would be great to put a heavy tank for the aliens. Something like the Tau from Fallen Haven.

I've some laser weapons sounds, if you want them wink_o.gif

*WHITE BOX* you re aliens i suppose *WHITEBOX ENDS*

I WHAT now?

Also...

I can't express how much I enjoy the sound of the heat ray.

I just wish it had a nice visual to go with.

Some kind of ray, you know?

Quote[/b] ]I can't express how much I enjoy the sound of the heat ray.

I just wish it had a nice visual to go with.

Some kind of ray, you know?

Heat ray is a sound based weapon same as dune if you know it tounge2.gif

Downloading, the pictures look great, I can't wait to wipe out the human race.

Space invaders mod version 2 release now !

some addons update and texture improved ,new ufo xz07 and mission include

installation note:

Put or replace the addons into your arma\addons folder or into a folder "@spaceinvaders" in your arma folder.

Put the mission in your mpmissions folder.

create a shortcut on "arma.exe", right clic on it,"property" and into "target" field put the following command line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -Nosplash -mod=@spaceinvaders

You will find in your map editor differents "X-tra" class.

Download on my site here:

http://www.paysdelaloire.afpa.fr/laval....ex.html

enjoy!

sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp3.jpg

sp5.jpg

TTT4.jpg

This mod looks very promising and we are looking forward to many mp missions made for it.

I'm wondering if some kind of WarFare mission could be made by someone? It should offer many hours/days of enjoyment.

Excellent work smile_o.gif

If you don't mind my asking, what do you have planned next?

someone in this topic mentioned my APC Aliens ;]

i suffer from lack of time, i made normals for it already, but my Alien pack + this pack of "invaders" would be super S-F mod

is author of invaders want to help and improve my pack ? mostly soldiers ?

cause i see that i have no time, his addon is great for such purpose smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]someone in this topic mentioned my APC Aliens ;]

do you have some screen of your aliens vilas please?

Just finally got around to testing out the pack...Overall...amazing!  However I noticed that the OPFOR SLA troops kicked the alien's asses.    You might make their AI skills a little higher if that's possible.  They engaged only at very short range an even then, often were running around really close to SLA who would chop them up with AK gunfire.

But I guess its cool that they're not Uber storm troopers.  But at the same time I assume that they would have better technology and thus be superior to human soldiers.  So maybe enhanced body armor or something would be good.

What is definitely lacking is that they have no anti-armor capability on the infantry.   Some type of anti-armor rocket/laser would be good.

Also some specialized units would be nice kinda like the Stealth units on the other aliens/UFO mod (which I stuck in the same mod sci-fi mod folder.  I would suggest working with them to create a really kick ass mod as they have stuff like shields on their aliens and stealth units.     

Overall however, this mod kicks major ass. The infantry normative/specular mapping is outstanding.  I love how the green alligator-leather looking parts shine and how the eyes glow red at night.  It's brilliant work in rvmat texturing.    Also, the ships are killer, the mother ship performs perfectly and is VERY ominous with that creepy sound from the laser gun that annihalates everything.    It's very cool that the mother ship can carry troops..  But I would recommend thinking bigger.... perhaps developing a drop ship that a mission maker can position at high altitiude and that can trigger rockets at a certain altitude and land safely.   That coupled with a shaking camera effect could simulate dropping down through the atmohsphere at high speed in a drop ship with several platoons of heavy infantry.    If that is waaay too ambitious, then perhaps a nice APC troop transport would be cool that acts like a hover craft (easy to do on .p3d model) such as how the TAU beta mod did it in OFP.  

Personally I think BIS is missing out not developing a hybrid space simulator/ground combat simulator in a sci-fi format.  They are SOO close yet so far.  Likewise their inability to imagine historical combat simulators with better hand to hand combat engines so as to remake the Roman campaigns, Napolean's campaigns, Prussian Wars, American Civil War, etc...    Hopefully your mod can help them realize the potential of them making a true Sci-Fi game that pushes the boundaries.  

So hats off to your mod for taking the first step towards pushing the boundaries.   So far I'm loving it.  Keep up the good work Space Invaders!!!    Planet Earth Salutes you!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This mod is excellent! After my Quarantine zombie mission i am definitely going to consider making a Sci-fi mission using these. I also agree with every thing Miles Teg said, at the moment the infantry and vehicles are on par/weaker in combat with there human counterparts, Id suggest toughening up the soldiers to take at least an extra bullet or two, reflecting there advance armored suits. Maybe the laser rifles would however tear right threw them, so players fighting against the aliens would make it a priority to salvage alien weapons as fast as possible rather then use there more ineffective rifles.

I also support the idea of shields being implemented, perhaps this could be achieved by creating a round invisible solid object with a hollow center that has a limited amount of health. It could then be set pos'ed via a looping script over vehicles and soldiers that you want to have shields on. Maybe for soldiers they can only have a shield if they have a 'shield generator' item that would take up a few ammo slots in there inventory, so players could choose weather to take more ammo, or a shield generator.

And if at all possible maybe some cool effects could be added to the shield object, like moving textures, a blue tinge overlay on players screens when inside a shield, some drop effects when shields hit by stuff or when its destroyed?

Id also like to request some new vehicles, maybe some hover tanks (wheels could just be invisible textures to give the illusion of it hovering just of the ground) APC's, drop ships, etc... Of course the ultimate awesome vehicle id like see added would be a War of the Worlds like tripod robot, but im guessing thats impossible without animations. Maybe some alien infantry that are different sizes other then the standard height and build of a normal human soldier (is that even possible?) like a large, hulk like infantry, that only carry heavy weapons and take a bit of a beating from normal rifle fire and even a few hits from lasers, and of course on the opposite end some fast moving smaller infantry, possibly used for recon that die easily and only carry small arms like laser pistols n such.

Any way thats the end of my wish list of undoubtedly hard to implement and time consuming additions id like to see in this mod!

Keep up the great work! biggrin_o.gif

*Edit* Sorry just realized that the soldiers do indeed take a good few rifle shots before they go down after a second play around with it! So disregard what i said about upping there health!

That other UFO mod has the shields on some of their aliens which is why I think both mods would make a great team with different types of aliens and ships.   Both mods have strengths and weaknesses and thus could benefit from each other.

The other solution is to get the Warhammer mod from OFP to join them in ArmA. The Warhammer mod in OFP had excellent hover-tanks and semi-visible "stealth" units that kicked ass. They also had large battle mechs and other very cool units and vehicles.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

thank you for your feedback that s what i need to continue my work on this stuff, i m currently working on alien infantery model and i want to make some new vehicles with a "classic" sci fi style , something like a star wars or "hollywood"  tounge2.gif style,  a better look , cause about my stuff i think i m not very happy with some texture work i did, XZ09 for example is too much dirty same with phazer rifle,cause i did some "experiment" paint work with tablet and less with a classical way to make texture and result are some crappy brush. cya

Yay I'm finally able to test them out. Here's my take of it.

Yes, the invaders miss a dedicated infantry AT weapon, but it wouldn't hurt if you add an infantry AA weapon in the equation as well.

What these dudes also could use is a dedicated space fighter (maybe a big one), one that goes very fast (not like BIS's SU34 or AV8).

And about hovertanks, the hovertanks in OFP we're nothing more than just tanks without tracks. Mine sunk to the bottom of the ocean (because the thing was pretty heavy) while the WH40K didn't (because it's very light). Now the nasty thing in OFP was that if the tau hovertank got hit by a very powerful weapon, it would "fly away" (also depending on the angle where you hit it, but there was another hover tank that would literally fly away if it got hit by my tank's main gun), where mine would just jump a little. I haven't tested this stuff out in ArmA yet. Well, it's up to you to decide if you want to make hovertanks or not :P (I'm not making them anymore for ArmA, that's for sure).

And about the drone issue, I also can't find another solution besides killing the occupant sad_o.gif

But you could always depend on the rationality of human players to not enter a vehicle that is meant for an AI drone  whistle.gif

Great pack, but I got a question: In further releases will be there something a bit more "not funny", the same Alien addon. Problem is that, we havent got such scary aliens. I think something like Combine Advisors would be great addition.

eh? These guys don't look funny to me. The glow in the dark red eyes are pretty creepy to me. Overall I think they look very serious. They just need more weaponry and maybe some custom sound FX on their voices. But the beautiful green rvmat textures on the green sections (to look like lizard skin) is amazing and overall they look very tough. Perhaps a heavy assault version could be made with extra armor, backpacks, and heavier weaponry.

But overall no complains on the infantry model except for their lack of AI skillz.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think I will make a trailer for this, unofficial, of course.

The mod is excellent, but it needs some stuff. namely some sort of anti tank rifle for the aliens. Also, if you could at some point, a massive strider would be soooo cool.

You know what we need? Combine equipment. The soldiers look quite alien (befitting transhuman soldiers, CP are completely human), as do their vehicles (Combine APC, Hunter-Chopper, and the Synth)

Well, there should not be just a copy. YOu got imagination so make your type, the original one. THe only think is to add more terrifying alien infantry and strider - like vehicles.

And know the best: Who will take a suicide mission of making animations for strider on something like this?