Sign in to follow this  
LBpilot1

Increasing AI View distance and attack range

Im trying to toy with a couple of vehicles in order to make them more advanced in which they can actually hit a human player or ai at more then 4 clicks away.

Its like their view distance for air objects is set at about 2500-3000 meters and they wont fire past that range.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class AT5Launcher;

class 3M9: AT5Launcher

{

displayName = "3M9 Missile";

magazines[] = {"3m9_mag"};

ReloadTime = 4.5;

magazineReloadTime = 30;

canLock = 2;

maxLeadSpeed = 6000;

shotFromTurret = 1;

minRange = 30;

minRangeProbab = 0.3;

midRange = 4000;

midRangeProbab = 1.0;

maxRange = 7000;

maxRangeProbab = 1.0;

aiRateOfFire = 10.000000;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 500;

};

};

The weapon appears to be configured properly, I'm guessing the vehicle simply cannot "see" far enough to use the weapon at maximum range.

Some parameters that might influence how far a vehicle can see (placed in the vehicle's config):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> sensitivity

sensitivityEar

irScanRangeMin

irScanRangeMax

irScanToEyeFactor

irScanGround

laserScanner

Its also possible that the ammunition parameters are preventing the AI from using it. I think I read somewhere that "maxSpeed" in the missile's config is used by the AI to determine how high to aim rocket launchers. Perhaps that or another parameter is making the AI think that the missile simply can not reach that far.

I got it to work perfectly with helicopters. It can take down a heli from 7000 meters out no problem.

It doesn't seem to work right with planes though. I thought maybe it was the planes speed but that was not it because I tested it out with the harrier.