Sign in to follow this  
erc

Making a car drive when a squad has got in it

Experience Level: Beginner - Intermediate

Okay, well I'm having a very annoying issure with OFP mission editing. I have a squad of 2 men who I want to get into a car and then drive away.

----------

There is a total of 6 units.

2 deltas - the driver and gunner of the hmmve. (I have used the code: this moveindriver transportcar). Mod unit

A HMMVEE with gun (transportcar) - Empty unit. A mod unit.

2 rangers (spec1 + spec2) - spec1 is leader. These guys will enter the hmmvee and drive off.

Okay, so i selected spec1 (leader) and put a "Get-in" waypoint on "transportcar" (the HMMVEE). In the 'On Activation' box I enter 'codealpha=true'. Then I select the leader of the 2 rangers who will be inside the HMVEEE and put a 'Move' waypoint. In the CODITION box I put in 'codealpha'.

Guess what happens? The damn thing drives off without my men!? WTF?

Can anyone suggest anything or help me please?

Thanks alot!

Instead of using the condition field just leave it as it is. Then, create a WP for the HMMVEE to move where you want it to wait for the Rangers.

Then use the Syncronization button to attach the get in WP of the rangers to the move point you just created. Now the car should wait until the Rangers are in before it moves to it's next WP.

Well the problem with that is, I can't sync the Get in waypoint TO the Move waypoint (probably because it's empty?). I can however, sync the move WP to the get in WP (so it's the other way around). If i do that, the thing drives off anyway. Also, I tried making a move waypoint (for the HMMWV) right next to the HMMWV. And then tried syncing the Get in WP with both the far and close move WPs. Didn't work, the HMMWV just stayed there and said WAit for Others.