Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Warfare Updated! v1.5

I might have fixed JIP!!!

Soo going to do some big testing now so fingures crossed.

Test: 1

- JIP Voting Works (You can see JIProgressed Players)

- JIP Money Transfer Works

- JIP Players Still cant see the towns that have been capd sad_o.gif

Test 2

- JIP Earn money works [testing]

I actually have QG but I also reccomend that you don't make it a requirement, ALOT of people don't have QG and just about any addon/missions that requires QG always has alot less downloads/servers.

Respect Matt! Great job!

Ya, I completely agree don't add QG content. I have no intension of buying it, like many other Arma gamers. I already bought 2 copies of ArmA as is smile_o.gif.

On the other note, I don't want to make a personal request. It's more like a question. Is it possible to add adjustable numbers of Resistence AI and Armor in towns? There was this great OFP CTI mod - ROXI CTI. In it you could adjust the level of difficulty i.e. the numbers of Resistence and opposing force AI and their armour; this could be set at the game's startup.

This feature will make the game last even longer smile_o.gif. Right now if you couple Warfare with ECS and TrueRange mod, the game becomes absolutely autrocious. AI is much smarter that way - the game becomes a real challenge!

Is this a official update or just a edit by you?

If it is a edit then you shouldn't call it 1.5.

The first line says personal edit, no?

And why he shouldn't call it 1.5? He can give his own work whatever version number he wants.

Though I have to admitt that the title might confuse people a bit. Maybe it should say MR Warfare or something instead.

I think it's lame to increment the version of someone else's work. It's like all of the billion evo versions that were floating around, almost none of which were official. It's confusing and it's kind of using the reputation / success / whatever of someone else to ride along. I think a more honest and less confusing way to name something would be like MR_Warfare+ or MR_WarfareImproved or MR_WarfareRemix / redux / whatever.

- JIP Players Still cant see the towns that have been capd sad_o.gif

Thats a bit more complicated if done right.

First you need a global variable which is an array of the checkpoints and their status. Like this:

[[checkpoint,side],[checkpoint,side]].

This variable needs to be updated on the server every time the outpost changes color.

Then you need another variable which has the publicvariableeventhandler on it. This eventhandler will trigger the broadcasting of the array.

It will be triggered by a JIP player connecting (insert in init.sqf and make sure it isnt a server).

On the client side you now need the array variable with an eventhandler which will trigger the updating script on the client side.

This may not be the best (i haven't got much experience for the network stuff) but it should do the job.

Regarding the JiP issues, I noticed that once you respawn, everything is updated correctly.

So, there is a Client side script, that updates markers and such, which might be called Client_Updatexxx.sqf. By adding this script in the Init.sqf, this should do the trick.

Or is it too simple ?

Malick

To me it was a little more complicated.

And everyone stop complaining about the name please i HAVE changed it again.. but for everyones egos it wasnt the same as the BIS name in the first place if anyone bothered to look smile_o.gif so thats all sorted.

If anyone wants to test the current JIP version its on the gol server under testing..

@The enemy resistance yes that can be editied.

I thought the towns in northern Sahrani could have been done better. For instance there's a few towns up there that could have more than 3 waypoints. Almost every town in the south has 4 waypoints not just 3 like has been added to north.

Overall good job but I don't like the extra distance on fast travel. Although I'm not real keen on the whole fast travel thing anyway. I mean if you can just warp yourself anywhere on the map it would take away from the whole squad base combat and players using thier AI at all.

I would like to see a way to spawn at bases without the use of the MHQ, alot of people would like to see this I'm sure. Also the abillity of the commander to transfer units to players would be nice as well. Giving the commander the abillity to buy units for players or even AI he controlls would be nice and is OFP style MFCTI.

One other request I hear alot of from the community is an option to set view distance at the begining of the game. I mean 1200m vd is ok..... However 3,000 would be so much nicer. It's almost impossible for tankers to do thier job at 1,200 vd when Cobras and KA50's are up there shooting you from these ranges using radar.

Overall great job and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the mission, Matt, I am looking forward to try it today. There are certainly some very promising changes there.

Thanks for the mission, Matt, I am looking forward to try it today. There are certainly some very promising changes there.

Thanks for the comment.  smile_o.gif

Update:

Well in the first 2 tests i managed to get half of JIP working, but the town markers and income still didnt work properly so ive done a bit more brain storming and i belive but unsure if what i have changed again will work so that will be down to some more testing. smile_o.gif

@ Fast Travel, to get from one side of the map to the other you need to fast travel from town to town, and with it being north and south you couldnt get from Pariso to Corazol or from Ortego to corazol i dont think so i increased it a lil so you could but reduced the speed at which it moved you.

Wow nice Work m8 on this map, ...

first question is it possibel to make the enemy more agressive the act like bored

and second where can i find the original warfare map in install folder???

Wow nice Work m8 on this map, ...

first question is it possibel to make the enemy more agressive the act like bored

and second where can i find the original warfare map in install folder???

I have an idea.

The map is located in the addons folder.. Inside the Warfare.pbo smile_o.gif

Matt do you think you could make the vote only need 40% to win or something like that?

Right now its almost impossible to get rid of the AI commander in public, since there is always one or two on the team too stupid to vote.

Also, Sometimes I cant see people on the vote, must be a JIP problem. I tried the "1.5m north and south" and it was pretty much unplayable since the was no income or money for kills.

But you are on the right track though smile_o.gif

Matt do you think you could make the vote only need 40% to win or something like that?

Right now its almost impossible to get rid of the AI commander in public, since there is always one or two on the team too stupid to vote.

Also, Sometimes I cant see people on the vote, must be a JIP problem. I tried the "1.5m north and south" and it was pretty much unplayable since the was no income or money for kills.

But you are on the right track though smile_o.gif

Yeah i might have just fixed that JIP money problem, but i havnt tested as im trying to firgue my way around a load of scripts.. to Buy units for AI groups etc.. It looks like theres scripts in there that are buildt in to do this but i just cant get it to work..

Whats all ironic about this is that im not a scripter.. i havnt a clue about sqf. well i know basic scripting at best but i usual just look at others work and then trial and error my own stuff to get things done..  crazy_o.gif  tounge2.gif

Im trying my hardest though. And i wont stop untill i get there or someone else does before me  inlove.gif

edit: I can now confirm money and town main markers work for JIP players.. but there is one issue when a player JIP he cant see his own marker on the map not really an issue if you cant read the map but im going to sort some errors i made when editing the scripts about and look into the marker issue and then release the new version which has been modifed some more.  smile_o.gif

Oki i present: Warfare 1.5c (MattR 34 North and South)

Warfare32 1-5c MRNSbeta - 7z - GOL Clan

This has only been tested by about 4 people 3 of which JIProgressed.

Quote[/b] ]

1.5c Changes

- JIP Players now recive proper funds and can see towns which have been captured

- Some Towns Have Higher/Slower Income.

- More Enemy Resistance in bigger towns

- Fast Travel Speed Lowered Some more. (Should add Indiana Jones music and a plane marker haha)

- Probaby More Changed and edited but i cant remember i had so much going through my mind fixing JIP

1.5c Chances which failed to happen due to not knowing what i was doing

x Buying units for AI players

x 1000 Funds for a fire mission (Will be added later version)

x Adding New Buildings/Defences to buy (Can add units but not buidlings and defences maybe untill the warfare guide.)

Please post any bugs and feedback. and keep requesting features.. you might want to see.

When you say your gonna try to put a 'Black Market' sales person or two in, does this mean you can get all weapons and vehicles from them, regardless of side? and does it mean that they may, or may not, work?? ie Delboy from 'Only Fools and Horses' or 'this bloke from down the pub' fame.

OH! and thanks for a cool mission, and carry on the good work.

When you say your gonna try to put a 'Black Market' sales person or two in, does this mean you can get all weapons and vehicles from them, regardless of side? and does it mean that they may, or may not, work?? ie Delboy from 'Only Fools and Horses' or 'this bloke from down the pub' fame.

OH! and thanks for a cool mission, and carry on the good work.

Yeah the way i have decided how im going to do it is have One blackmarket on the map kind of like how the airport works... So when you get to it you have to defend it from the enemy, Im not sure about what units etc will be available but it will be in a future version.

I like to have a chance to call unit paradrops anywhere to join my group (maybe it could work only when near depot or camp). Paradrop would be much more expensive (multiplier 3 or 4 comparing to normal cost). And AI trucks could bring reinforcements too.

And I like to have grass enabled on default. Or at least have a way to enable it in game.

In my opinion the "Fast Travel Speed" feature is kind of rediculous. It could have been realised better. I'd replace it by the HALO para drop. I hope I have enough time to work on it when the tutorial comes out later on. The best way to realize it in my opinion would be having a transport heli sent upon the "Fast Travel Speed" request from the base, to the location of the requestee. Then upon arrival the person gets into the heli and requests thru the map the insertion point. The heli would have to travel to the destination, risking getting shot down in the process. This service could ony be available at a certain cost.

The way it's done now is just too arcade, completely out of character for OFP/ArmA series. The "Fast Travel Speed" is more appropriate for Unreal or HL2 run-n-gun SiFi shooter.

Airlifting, Unflipping of vehicles would be nice. Also the ability to Sell buildings at say 50% of purchase price would be nice. This way it would be possible to modify a bse if placements needed to be midified.

Great job so far!

The View distance is set by 900 or? it is Possible to increase them? 900 would be good for inf, but it's nothing with what i can fly or fighting in tanks.

P.S: One thing more: It is possible to see what maps are on a server installed, then nothing is runnig, without join them? I want to play this map but i have not the patience to join ALL european server with ping under 70 to check the maps out. crazy_o.gif

Your best bet is to make note of the ones that you see running it. Your next best bet is probably to DL the mod and run it locally. Outside of that, I'm afraid you're reduced to checking them out one by one.

In game and dont have time to see if already posted. But arty vcan be bought for just $1500 at a camp.

Hmm. Uber-humvees and uaz'es, a bit worried about those. I think you should consider requiring both a supply truck and a repair truck in order for the small vehicles to be able to put up a temporary base.

Personally, I changed all the players to squad leaders, for a simple way of getting the GPS back. Seems to work, and one complaint from fellow players is gone.

We enjoy playing Warfare as a coop map. However, when we join as a team, we loose those positions which shold have been AI. We like being i.e. a 6-8 man squad doing our buisiness, without having to hazzle with controlling AI. In my view, there should be a system were the player can leave his team leading role, and join the squad as a selecteable role (medic, sniper), and free the original slot to be used by AI again. I wonder if this is possible, or if I (in my personal edition of coop Warfare) should just add slots for those guys if needed?

I agree. Airlifting everything non MBT, could be fun.

Edit: Btw, I'd also like to see the usage of other types of artillery, especially illumination rounds and maybe smoke. AI could use illumination at night if friendly units are in the area. But it does look very hard to code, and to understand/read the warfare mission. Basically, I'd like to have night missions without having to use NVGs constantly.

Update: Fixes and Changes which are being tested 1.5d.

Quote[/b] ]

- init.sqs deleted

- init.sqf - Updated

- scripts\StartingLocation.sqf - New Script Added.

- scripts\Towns.sqf - New Script added now making towns is much easyer and assinging how large they are Saves having to go to each town induvidually.

- mission.sqm - Object fix Cayo, all sqs Scripts delete (in Server-Scripts)

Special Thanks to Wanderfalke for making these fixes here happen.