Sign in to follow this  
Walker001

UNA Field of View Replacement Addon

UNA Field of View Replacement addon v1.1

========================================

Since ArmA 1.12b was released field of view (FOV) has been a hot topic. On request I decided to create a small addon for UNA clan that changes the field of view back to what it was in 1.08 before BIS changed it. Since many might find this addon useful we decided to release it for public use. In addition there is also an addon included for using 1.12b FOV if there was somebody that prefered that. This addon has been tested in ArmA 1.14.

Since v1.1 FOV has been changed in all land vehicles and in the parachute to values that were used in 1.08 and 1.12. FOV has also been changed for all rifles and pistols. It is easy however still easy to disable thease changes if you prefere the weapon and/or vehicle FOV used in 1.14. Read 'USAGE' for more information.

COMPARSION PICTURE:

fov_compare2.jpg

INSTALLATION:

I point to Armaholic for how to install addons and modfolders

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

USAGE:

This addon pack containes four pbos:

* UNA_FOV108.pbo changes the units FOV to Arma 1.08 values.

* UNA_FOV112b.pbo changes the units FOV to Arma 1.12 values.

* una_fov_weapons.pbo changes the weapons FOV to Arma 1.08 and 1.12 values.

* una_fov_vehicles.pbo changes the vehicle FOV to Arma 1.08 and 1.12 values.

If you want to use 1.08 FOV use your @UNAfov\Addons folder should look like this (default settings):

UNA_FOV108.pbo

una_fov_weapons.pbo

una_fov_vehicles.pbo

disabled\UNA_FOV112b.pbo

If you prefere 1.12 FOV over 1.08 your @UNAfov\Addons folder should look like this:

UNA_FOV112b.pbo

una_fov_weapons.pbo

una_fov_vehicles.pbo

disabled\UNA_FOV108.pbo

If you prefere 1.14 weapon FOV move una_fov_weapons.pbo to disabled folder.

If you prefere 1.14 vehicle FOV move una_fov_vehicles.pbo to disabled folder.

MP USAGE:

This addon is client side and works good in MP. This addon might give minor advantage or disadvantage in close combat MP games and its usage might not be allowed on all servers.

This addon pack is part of the UNA addons used by UNA clan and its usage is allowed on UNA server.

VERSION HISTORY

v1.1

- FOV changed for all rifles to 1.08 and 1.12 values

- FOV changed for all pistols to 1.08 and 1.12 values

- FOV changed for M16a2GL grenadelauncher to 1.08 and 1.12 values

- Drivers FOV changed for land vehicles to 1.08 and 1.12 values

- FOV changed for parachute to 1.08 and 1.12 values

v1.0

- FOV for all units changed to 1.08 (or 1.12) values.

DOWNLOAD:

UNA mirror

Armaholic mirror

CREDITS:

UNA Walker

Tested by UNA clan

Exellent m8 been waiting for something like this...thanks

Thanks for sharing, much better and no problems selecting compass/clock/notepad on map screen!

Really hope all/most servers will allow this one...

/KC

Thanks a lot for this!

EDIT: Works perfectly. smile_o.gif

A few bugs, for one , when in vehicles, the fov is still too close and when we zoom in with the weapons, they dont zoom in as much as they did in 1.08. What should we type in the config file to fix this? thanks

Thanx for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Quote[/b] ]

A few bugs, for one , when in vehicles, the fov is still too close and when we zoom in with the weapons, they dont zoom in as much as they did in 1.08. What should we type in the config file to fix this? thanks

True, this addon does only change the soldier FOV, and does not affect fov in vehicles and weapons. An update on this will be released in near future.

Thanks for this addon - nice to have the ability to go back to the 1.08 FOV. Can hardly wait for the version that changes everything back.

I tried the performance tweak (where you delete arma.cfg and then reload arma for it to recreate with 1.14 patch installed).

Once I did this the FOV was all messed up like squashed slightly, very odd on the eye to the point of nausea. I had aspect ratio set right. I then removed this addon and it was back to normal.

Im confused about the whole FOV thing as so far I cannot see much different to whats already set ... anyone got screen comparisons ... because so far I''m really lost on what people are complaining about. Not in terms of they are not right, just that I cannot really tell much difference.

Hmm to describe it easy - different "zoomed" FOV's smile_o.gif

But some of them are not right according to weapon/barrel lenght and position to player eyes+view.

Lets hope we get an better/outzoomed view in all vehicles (land, air, sea) with next UNA FOV release.

Well, the new FOV looks better on 4:3 monitors, shouldnt the old FOV look better on widescreens?

I prefer the UNA fix on my widescreen.

I tried the performance tweak (where you delete arma.cfg and then reload arma for it to recreate with 1.14 patch installed).

Where is some info on the "performance tweak" you are referring to? I can't find it any where. Just curious, I've never heard about this and it has peaked my interest.

We are now working tho releas the new version out not yet sure when its gona be dun we will let you no guys and again tnx that you guys like what we have put out we have seen lots off servers are playing white UNAFOV

the comparison PICS are not a good comparison since the person is standing at different distance

I actually like the new FOV

Quote[/b] ]the comparison PICS are not a good comparison since the person is standing at different distance

Actually both pictures are taken at same distance and angel from the car. The diffrent fov or zoom makes it look like the 1.14 picture is taken much closer to the car.