Sign in to follow this  
JCLewis

If you want to fix the  1.14 FOV theen here's How

All you have to do is find the hotfix pbo in either the 1.12 or 1.09 beta patch then put that hotfix file in the arma addons folder.

And then you're mixing beta files with final ones. There is more in hotfix.pbo then just the FOV settings and there is a reason why it is patched in 1.14.

Not to mention the problems people might experience when joining a server with that "mixture".

I just defined a rotary wheel on my HOTAS for infinitely FOV. Works even better.

i thought that playing with these values in the user.armaprofile was the easier and fastest way:

fovTop=0.825000;

fovLeft=1.100000;

only thing is that you must change them in proportion with each other , if you multiply/divide one of them by 1.25 you must multiply/divide the other by the same , and so on.

Just beware that after changing the FOV in XXX.ArmAProfile there is a side effect still in 1.14... For some reason it's becomes very hard to grab the clock/compass/notepad/GPS when in map screen with the mouse pointer.

/KC

its just way easier to replace the hot fix in the addons folder with the one from 1.09 or 1.11 beta

its just way easier to replace the hot fix in the addons folder with the one from 1.09 or 1.11 beta

Have you even verified what you were doing (ie looking at the content of the hotfix) before going in the "it works fine" motto?

I'm gonna have a lil smile the day you'll come here shouting that ArmA crash every now and then as soon as you play MP tounge2.gif